Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 11:14:41 AM EDT
Man, it's getting too slow around here, so it's time for another useless "Yankee post".

I got the usual clothes, gift certificates, etc.

And my dad gave me the "Band of Brothers" DVDs.
Of course, I already knew what I was getting since he asked me what I wanted and I helped him order it online.  So, I gave him a DVD player so we can watch it together, again.  

He was 10 when the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor, so he remembers the mood of the country quite well.  He also has some good stories about servicemen returning home to his small town on leave.  (Funny stuff!)
Folks, spend some time with your dads while you can.  It's well worth it.
What did you all get for Christmas?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i didnt get shit.   that fat, drunk, ho-ho-hoing bastard is gonna hear from my lawyers!!

wife gave me some shit though. and some cash from the inlaws.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Rem. 870 wingmaster
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Double bypass on the 20th and home for Christmas Eve.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, so far at least it sounds like LotBoy got something cool.

Redray - My advice would be, "Shoot his nuts off!"

Voodoo17 - Glad you made it through the chest-crackin'.  I hope the new year goes smoother for you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Santa brought me some socks and a watch.

I got myself 25,000 rounds of ammo and a linker/delinker for my beltfeds.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Santa brought me:

Rock River lower parts kit (now completed)
Full Metal Jacket Collectors DVD
Paper Shredder
Rock River Buttstock
The Ultimate Sniper Book
2 ARFCOM shirts
A gift certificate to a local shop.

A very profitable year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Bushmaster stripped lower.
Lower Kit and extra springs and detents.
Set of drift punches and Push Pin tool.
2 Duncan Long AR books.
1 copy of TM9-1005-319-23P

I'm new at this so I figured I needed the books too.  
Cologne from my grand daughters.

Wish Santa would take some of my weight so I could go into Green Mountain Guns and fit better between the small aisles ;)

Bob

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Defcon -  Cool stuff!!!  Sounds like you did okay.

ubg - Welcome to the Hometown forums.  You must be in my neck of the woods if you're shopping at Green Mountain Guns.  Hope to see you posting regularly.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.  I live in Lakewood. I'm just now starting to make the rounds at the different stores here.  Hope to be posting as I (successfully) assemble the lower.  Of course that means I will have to buy a new upper too.  It never ends..and I know that's a good thing.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks.  I live in Lakewood. I'm just now starting to make the rounds at the different stores here.  Hope to be posting as I (successfully) assemble the lower.  Of course that means I will have to buy a new upper too.  It never ends..and I know that's a good thing.

Bob

Cool, I'm in Lakewood too.  I'm still in the process of building my first AR, so I know what you mean.

I've got a C&R license, and I never seem to be able to save enough money to finish my AR.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
springfeild v16 longslide from my wife what a shock.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#12]
$475 cash.

it was badly needed, too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Just a folder of Bills:

(My next door neighbor has a similar name, better to confuse Postal Employees.)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Two ARFCOM shirts, bills, debt.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]
man i didnt get one thing I asked for. I have a 65 mustang that I am restoring asked for parts or money for parts nope. How about ammo or maybe money for a new AR nope. I got clothes.... But I aint bitchin I got time with the family and the GF. Didnt have to work so I am happy. Just didnt get anything I was hoping for.

KC
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't get squat from the jolly old man, even with my coming to his defense in regards to my 'nay-saying' 8yo daughter.

I did get myself a few things for the holiday...

CZ-52
M-44
M59/66
4 arfcom t-shirts!

so I'm not without 'something' to enjoy  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The best gift I got this year was to examine my Grandpa's Gun collection.
I thought he had only one pistol. My mistake. I got got to see a kit-built .44 blackpowder revolver, a .25 pistol that I hear would have difficulty hitting a wall from three feet away, and a S&W revolver. The S&W was sweet, I might have to get one sometime.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
"Santa", played by the wif', got me an A2 20" barrel.  I got her a Savage 17 HMR with a Leupold Vari-X I 3x9x40.  We spent yesterday at the range.  

BTW, anyone in Colorado should consider the Colorado Rifle Range in Byers.  It has a handgun, 100 yard small rifle, GP 200 yards, 1,000 long range, 500 yard iron, and a 10 station clay.  Not bad.  It is rarely busy and you can have the whole range to yourself on most days!  About $75 a year and only 600 members currently. No commercial profit here, just a bunch of shooting nuts. www.crci.org
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#19]
That range in Byers is pretty cool, although the ride from Metro Denver is quite long... to long to go out and find that shooting conditions are unacceptable...   If it wasn't for that drive, I'd be a member... or trying
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#20]
The drive from C-470 & Sante Fe is about 75 minutes, but spending a few hours out there is always worth it to me.  I like getting away from the city on a quite range.

The conditions are usually what DIA has, so for long range shooting I just check the winds at DIA on the weather channel.  Usually the conditions are excellent with winds at about 5-10mph at most.  If the winds are kicking I shoot handguns or keep it under 200 yards.  

It also seems many people are buying AR-15s.  I see as many of them out there are anything else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#21]
If Santa was late, we apologize - he was hanging out in Texas.  He wanted to wait for the upcoming Hun Farm shoot, but we talked him into finishing the delivery rounds.

I'm pretty sure he'll make the next one, in the Spring.

82ndAbn giving Bunghole an IV after a night's worth of drinking - perfect cure for the hangover!

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Chuck,

I saw that photo in the Texas forum, and made up my mind that I've got to attend a Texas shoot in the near future.

Full-auto goodies, and medical attention, if needed, too.  
That's just too much fun to miss out on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a little CZ-52 pistol. Haven't shot it yet, Sanata forgot rhe ammo!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I got a little CZ-52 pistol. Haven't shot it yet, Sanata forgot rhe ammo!

Maybe he was afraid you might shoot him for trespassing and burglary.  I mean we all know that jolly ol' fat guy comes in unannounced and steals cookies and milk in half the homes out there.  At least at my house he did, he ate a whole bunch and left nothing but crumbs and an empty glass.  Personally I think he may have stashed a few for later consumption though. There were way more cookies than any man could eat in one night (Buurrrrp), believe me.  Karl.[<|:D>]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Well I know quite a few guys on the Colorado Site got CZ-52s and M-44s for Christmas, or right before. So my theory is that Sants just ran out of ammo before he could get me any. And I didn't even get an M-44 so he really doesn't have much of an excuse. I mean my present load was much lighter then most.

Although, I didn't leave any cookies out, so maybe its just retaliation.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top