Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:11:11 AM EDT
when i lived here back in the  90's it was legal, that and i had a boss that owned 120 acres, but he no longer lives here. what i want to know, is it legal to snipe out prarrie dogs on public lands, i know it is in most states. as is all varmints. do you need any kind of hunting license or such, where is the best spot to find these plague carring bastards. im about to get a membership to The Varmint Hunters Association.
i have  a new AR and im dying to try it out. i would shoot them in my back yard but to many people around me and the county substation is only a mile up the road.

i read the range thread but nothing close to me that i havent looked at, royal gorge gun club is the only one that has openings and has some really long lanes 1000m (not like i need 1000m lane)
lastly i have only been back in the  state about a year, and really dont know anyone or any places to go shooting except couple of ranges, where are some nice places to go shooting.

i live in pueblo west right an hour south of colorado springs anything within an hour or hour and a half would be worth it if its a good area.

and lastly how about planning a meet at a nice range for everyone in colorado, we can shoot, bbq and just talk shit all day. it would be fun and if we could centralize it in the state, idont think it would be to bad for people.

sorry being such a newb
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the Colorado members here belong to the Colorado AR-15 shooters club.  We have our own forum and have monthly shoots.

you're invited to stop by

www.co-ar15.com
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]
You do need a small game license to snipe at prairie dogs.

Currently I don't know of any places to shoot for free. It used to be, ranchers would welcome you onto their land if you were shooting the varmints. Now they sell guided hunts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
and lastly how about planning a meet at a nice range for everyone in colorado, we can shoot, bbq and just talk shit all day.

Yeah, that sounds about like the COarfcom monthly shoots.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
i will check the forum out
thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top