Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:21:33 AM EDT
  We might buy some property NW of Trinidad. There are no restrictions with AR's or FAL's etc with the exception of Denver is this correct?   I live in Texas now and we dont play that silly shit
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
  We might buy some property NW of Trinidad. There are no restrictions with AR's or FAL's etc with the exception of Denver is this correct?   I live in Texas now and we dont play that silly shit

Boulder probably has some BS laws too.  Statewide, the only restrictions are that long arms not be chambered when in a vehicle.  Note that you can carry a concealed pistol on you in your car without a permit, and strap an AR15 to the steering column if you like, just don't chamber it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Note that you can carry a concealed pistol on you in your car without a permit,quote]

WOW, I didnt know that. Good to know! Do you think you would get hasseled by the police anyway?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boulder probably has some BS laws too.

Nope. Statewide pre-emption took care of that a few years ago. Boulder cannot legislate its own laws regarding firearms. I'm sure they are a little bummed.

To understand why Denver CAN legislate its own firearms laws requires a study of the history of the territory, the Colorado Constitution, and the definition of "home rule" city. Boulder has no such privilege.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Note that you can carry a concealed pistol on you in your car without a permit,quote]

WOW, I didnt know that. Good to know! Do you think you would get hasseled by the police anyway?

Hassled on what grounds? No hassle at all. I have a Russian friend who was pulled over with a revolver under his seat. The cop said it was a problem. My friend said it was not a problem and that he knew his rights. The cop said my friend was right, the gun was not a problem - but driving under the influence while in possession of the gun WAS a problem. DOH!

Seriously, as long as you are not engaged in extra-curricular activity (DUI, drugs) there is no way a cop can nail you for a concealed handgun in your car. It's all right there in the regulations.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been pulled over 5 times in the last 10 years (never got a ticket), and was only informed once that it was illegal.  The cop said it had to be in the open, and he was mistaken.  He casually mentioned it and didn't really care, in any case.  The other 4 times they didn't care at all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
your car is concidered an "extention" of your home.so no its not a problem as long as its a legal firearm (not stolen, an unregistered nfa, modified, ect....) the only hassle you may encounter is the cop running the numbers through ncic/ccic and giving it back if its clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top