Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 10:45:00 AM EDT
Anyone know a good local who I can call to help me with the hammer on my BHP Clone?

It's a Hungarian P9M. the internals are the same as a usual BHP or FN HP. Only difference being the hammer is a like that of a very early model hi power and current model or off the shelf aftermarket parts may not work without fitting.

Can someone direct me to a reputable Colorado pistol smith who can take the bite out of my hipower and smooth up the trigger by removing the mag disco?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You can remove the mag disconnect yourself, I did. You may find it difficult to find a smith that will remove a safety device.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly it is a pretty easy operation. Maybe you can find internet how-to instructions. I have also heard that gunsmiths are leery of removing a safety.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the Mag disconnect is much less of a concern I think I've found one or two procedures for how to remove it online. I figured if it could be done at the same time so be it..

Actually what I REALLY want to done is to have the hammer trimmed or a C&S hammer fit because at this point my BHP is virtually unshootable due to hammer bite.

Any suggestions or should I just whip out the Yellow pages and drop my finger?

I've heard some horror stories about a lousy gunsmith ruining a perfectly good gun just making minor changes.. I was hoping some one local had a smith they had used before so I can at least have a prior recommendation before I plunk my $$$$$ down :)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I used Colorado School of Trades Gunsmiths to change my hammer out to a ring on a normal BHP. I think they could do yours pretty cheaply.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used Colorado School of Trades Gunsmiths to change my hammer out to a ring on a normal BHP. I think they could do yours pretty cheaply.

How should I get ahold of them?

I searched but all I could find was ways to apply to go to school!

Also just looking for a pro to take it to if anyone knows of someone who can do it for me here in town.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Andy at andy's custom guns.

He's a pro.
Top Top