Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 5:39:04 PM EDT
My mother-in-law of all people asked me to find out about some shooting facility in the Denver area.  Unfortunately, that's all she knows about it.  It's supposed to be kind of a big place, so I don't thing it's an indoor range.  Sounds like an outdoor place.  Any ideas what she might be talking about?  Links would be appreciated.

Thanks,
eswanson
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
cherry creek, or something like that. Some gal just managed to shoot herself there the other day. Shot dead, bullet to the back of the head......
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Colorado is really lacking in good shooting ranges.  Cherry Creek state park/shooting facility is about the only large public outdoor range in the metro area.  They really don't cater to the black rifle crowd either.  No rapid fire rules and stuff like that.  Whenever we all get together to shoot it's usually up at Pawnee which is cool for Dave and I but pretty much sucks for the Denver and Colo Spgs crowd.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably Byers, just east of Denver.  The Colorado Rifle Club, www.crc.org I think.

Lemme know if you need anything else.

SRM
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
cherry creek, or something like that. Some gal just managed to shoot herself there the other day. Shot dead, bullet to the back of the head......

How long ago, do you have a link? That can not be good for anything. Do you mean she managed to shoot herself or she managed to get herself shot?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
She managed to shoot herself according to reports. Do a search on Denverpost.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, as bad as it sounds I am glad she shot herself instead of getting herself shot. With all the difficulties that range has been having a shooting is the last thing it needs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
there is a small indoor range in engle wood off of belleview. just access the yellow pages for englewood co. under firearms.
also the firingline in aurora. are they stil around? as i live up in no co.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top