Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 11:24:16 PM EDT
Dear Rope:

Since our facility's opening in 2008, Shooting Sports Northwest has strived to offer a safe, clean, and enjoyable experience for firearms enthusiasts of all levels and backgrounds in the Pacific Northwest. We are grateful for our customers and the community at SSNW, however this email serves to notify all SSNW members that our last day of business will be Sunday, May 28, 2023.

We would like to thank our local community, client base, first responders, and industry partners who have been essential in our company's tenure and success these past 15 years. Pre-paid accounts will receive credit for any unused portion of their memberships. Addtional information to follow. For questions or concerns, please email us at: [email protected]

Thank you,

SSNW Management Team
425-485-6929
View Quote

Dear Rope,

We hope this email finds you well and in good spirits. We are delighted to share some incredible news with you today...Shooting Sports Northwest is here to stay!

As you may recall, we previously announced the unfortunate decision to close our doors due to the impending sale of our building. However, we have some exciting updates to share. The sale of the building has fallen through, and as a result, we have been given a new lease on life. It's an opportunity we couldn't pass up, and we are thrilled to continue serving you, our wonderful customers.

During the past few weeks, we have been hard at work revamping our operations, reevaluating our strategies, and reenergizing our team. Our commitment to providing you with exceptional products and outstanding customer service remains unwavering. We are determined to make this new chapter of SSNW even more memorable and rewarding for all of you.

You can expect to see a revitalized store with a fresh new look, enhanced product offerings, and exciting promotions designed exclusively for our loyal customers. We have also been actively listening to your feedback and suggestions, and we are incorporating those ideas to create an even better shooting experience for you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by our previous closure announcement, and we appreciate your understanding during that challenging period. We are grateful for the understanding and patience you displayed, and we can't wait to welcome you back to SSNW

Once again, we want to express our deepest appreciation for your support. SSNW would not be here today without you, and we are truly excited to continue serving you in the days to come. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out at 425-485-6929. We are here to assist you in any way we can.

Thank you once again for being a valued customer, and we look forward to seeing you soon at Shooting Sports Northwest!

Best,

Membership Services
P. 425-485-6929
F. 425-485-3400
Shooting Sports Northwest
[email protected]
www.shootingsportsnorthwest.com
View Quote

This is about the only good gun news (for this retched state) all year!

Hello Rope,

We at Shooting Sports Northwest have enjoyed the opportunities and relationships we have forged these past 15 years from all of our local community. Unfortunately, with the continuing changes in many aspects of the firearms environment, we have decided to close business operations effective Sunday, 8/27/23.

All pre-paid membership accounts will receive credit for any unused portion of their memberships and no further monthly billing will occur. For questions or concerns, please contact us at: [email protected].

From all of the team at Shooting Sports Northwest, we sincerely thank you for your support, friendship and patronage over the years.
View Quote

Dammit, dammit, dammit.
I had a tour at Securite` and I'll probably join there.  It has more limitations than SSNW did.  (No humanioid targets and opportunities to shoot 30 caliber rifles are quite limited.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh is it that range related to Discount Guns.. Where you had to buy membership and buy tokens to shoot there (at least when they first started?).  Not surprised..
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh is it that range related to Discount Guns.. Where you had to buy membership and buy tokens to shoot there (at least when they first started?).  Not surprised..
View Quote

Started out trying to do the country club shtick but soon adopted a more typical rental/membership model.

I really like the range.  No gangbangers.  Some really generous patrons who like nothing more than to offer to let you shoot their guns.  No rapid fire restrictions for members.  If you got a pistol "certification", members can draw from holster.  Even had some machine guns that members could rent.

And only about 15 minutes away.

I have no doubt that the unconstitutional restrictions passed this year were a major part of why the business would no longer be self sustaining.  Not just gun bans, but allowing Sideshow Bob to sue any dealer that he has a hard-on for.

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad, I never joined because I'm a cheap ass, but always thought about it as it's between work and home.

Wonder how many other places will close up before we can finish the fights in court.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Started out trying to do the country club shtick but soon adopted a more typical rental/membership model.

I really like the range.  No gangbangers.  Some really generous patrons who like nothing more than to offer to let you shoot their guns.  No rapid fire restrictions for members.  If you got a pistol "certification", members can draw from holster.  Even had some machine guns that members could rent.

And only about 15 minutes away.

I have no doubt that the unconstitutional restrictions passed this year were a major part of why the business would no longer be self sustaining.  Not just gun bans, but allowing Sideshow Bob to sue any dealer that he has a hard-on for.

View Quote

Odd that they didn’t mention that as a cause for closing. If it played a part they should have blasted the fuckers responsible in their statement
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They also did a extremely bad job of advertising. Also bad job of informing the change which might have made me consider them again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
that's a bummer.  i live less than a mile away and had been a member since day one, up until covid.

the token thing was dumb but they got rid of that in like the first year (though you still needed tokens to run the lights in the lane you could just ask an RO for one whenver they went off.

did pistol league and other leagues for a while, but they couldn't seem to keep the people running those...

it's hard to run a gun shop in the current climate and i'm sure covid didn't help either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Never been there but the firearms business is a pretty rough gig to make a living off of, especially in Progressive Liberal (Communist) States.  I’m sure that there was more issues causing them to close down and sadly, I see many smaller operations/gun shops closing down within the next 3-6 months.

For now, handguns are safe, but IMHO, most of the main dollars came from the sells of semi-automatic rifles, especially stuff like LRWC ARs, Steyr AUGs, Arsenal AKs and so on.  Within my social group, nobody is even thinking about buying a lever action carbine or a Fudd bolt action rifle.  

Sadly, the money I normally spent on firearms will be spent on other hobbies… Well, I guess I will be building my last “forever” true high end stereo system now.

I’m beyond good in both the semi-auto and the “standard capacity” magazines department so I can ride this BS out to the end… UNTIL the next Governor completely bans their ownership within the state.

Again, it’s going to be a tough ride for all the smaller gun shops in the State if this BS law isn’t stopped by the Federal Courts in the very near future.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m beyond good in both the semi-auto and the “standard capacity” magazines department so I can ride this BS out to the end… UNTIL the next Governor completely bans their ownership within the state.
View Quote

When it gets to that point, instead of turning them in you can drop them off at my place. I promise not to comply with a ban on ownership.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Ha!! I’ll keep that in mind as I’m packing up and heading to either Florida or Texas.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Update in OP.  Good news.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update in OP.  Good news.
View Quote

While I was never really into that place, any range/LGS that manages to forge ahead in the current climate in WA is always good news.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Ah.. So they were closing (at the time) due to sale of property.

Now it didn't go through they are temporarily safe.
I'll have to take another look at their fees. If not too bad I might try them again. Shooting steel is fun. I just had a bad taste when they were nickel and dimming everything when they first opened.
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Update in OP.  

Now closing again.

Link Posted: 8/14/2023 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
What kind of Sally ass bullshit is not allowing human shaped targets?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Property sale again? DG was trying to sell so not surprise if that is the cause again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of Sally ass bullshit is not allowing human shaped targets?
View Quote

My guess is to mitigate the REEEEing Karens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top