Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2022 10:06:22 PM EDT
Curious Timing! Another Mag Ban Gets It''s Day In Court

He can end the mag ban for us, since we our part of 9th circuit.  Otherwise it will be over a year until a WA mag ban case is heard.  Biden appointed judge, of course.  Fuck libs!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's hope he comes through for everybody.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
cant watch the video at the moment. when is a decision supposed to come down? are we sure it will apply to our situation as well and not just CA?
seeing the games played by ney york with issuing permits makes me think those cocksuckers in olympia will find some other way to ignore any decision.
what pisses me off the most is i can still get mags i just cant take advantage of black friday deals online anymore. i used to look forward to that every year
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't watch it either right now.

But here's some info:  https://mynorthwest.com/3653194/trial-date-set-for-late-2023-over-large-capacity-magazine-ban-in-washington-state/

A federal judge in Seattle has scheduled a trial in the legal challenge to Washington State’s new ban on high-capacity magazines for late 2023.

Chief District Judge David G. Estudillao has scheduled the trial to start over a year from now in December 2023. However, there is a chance Washington’s new law could be nullified. The 9th Circuit could find a similar California law unconstitutional in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision earlier this year that stated more “means-end scrutiny” could not be applied to Second Amendment cases.

---

I would think that cases that impact our Civil Rights should get more priority.  And the least that should be done is to delay the implementation of any laws that will impact our Civil Rights until the appeal process is completed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't watch it either right now.

But here's some info:  https://mynorthwest.com/3653194/trial-date-set-for-late-2023-over-large-capacity-magazine-ban-in-washington-state/

A federal judge in Seattle has scheduled a trial in the legal challenge to Washington State’s new ban on high-capacity magazines for late 2023.

Chief District Judge David G. Estudillao has scheduled the trial to start over a year from now in December 2023. However, there is a chance Washington’s new law could be nullified. The 9th Circuit could find a similar California law unconstitutional in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision earlier this year that stated more “means-end scrutiny” could not be applied to Second Amendment cases.

---

I would think that cases that impact our Civil Rights should get more priority.  And the least that should be done is to delay the implementation of any laws that will impact our Civil Rights until the appeal process is completed.
View Quote

would be awesome if the CA case got thrown out soon and we didn't have to wait our turn for the same result.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
"No standing"
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The suit shouldn't need to go to full trial, the lawyers should move for summary judgment - the State cannot prevail given the USSC and 9th circuit decisions.  At the very least they should get enforcement of the ban stayed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing is going to happen in a year or less. This will be the same goat rodeo we've seen for every case in the Ninth Circuit. Case will be appealed, and if we lose that, appealed en banc.

Remember, the Duncan case was filed in 2017 and didn't go to SCOTUS until late 2021. Even if it goes at twice the speed, it's at least two years. And Bonta will be deliberately slowing it down...
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Benitez will be hammering the CA law to dust by the end of the year.

After that, motion for summary judgement, WA state should throw in the towel (but they won’t since it isn’t their money they are spending).  
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Except WA it seems. Mag ban is on hold until dec 2023 in Western WA federal Court.  Nothing on 80% guns,  nothing on i1639. Turd Ferguson is going to go for an AWB this year too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Except WA it seems. Mag ban is on hold until dec 2023 in Western WA federal Court.  Nothing on 80% guns,  nothing on i1639. Turd Ferguson is going to go for an AWB this year too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well gee, does that mean suppliers will still ship constitutional cap mags here, or what?
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well gee, does that mean suppliers will still ship constitutional cap mags here, or what?
View Quote

Sorry  the court case is scheduled to be heard in Dec 2023. The mag ban law remains in effect.

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The Other Lawsuit to Overturn Washington''s Magazine Ban. Huge Updates on Brumback v. Ferguson

at least the other in the eastern district lawsuit is asking for a TRO in the mag ban
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top