Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2022 11:31:12 AM EDT
So I have a large collection of over 76 firearms, combination of ww2 antiques, modern rifles, handguns, lever actions, bolt acitons, dozen class 3 registered silencers, sbrs. Ton of magazines. I've decided that it's time to invest in buying some property. So figured it's time to sell off the collection. My question  is what's the best way to do this? I don't want some gun shop that gives me pennies on the dollar.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Silencers and SBR's are more tricky than just the guns.

If any of the guns are "high capacity "  list them now while you can.  At least sell the magazines/give to the new buyer before July 1st.

Northwest Firearms is a good place for WA/OR sales if you are close enough to do a transfer in Oregon.

On edit...from what I heard if you get 50% of sale price on the suppressor you did good.  Some reason poor resale.  I think the process is too much of a hassle, most just but new.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Will the ban restrict selling out of state ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If any of the WW2 stuff is truly rare or in exceptional condition, might be worth looking at an auction house like Morphy's or Rock Island.

Gunbroker can be hit or miss. I've had some success selling relatively rare modern firearms, but the customer service is weak. There is essentially no recourse for sellers dealing with non-paying buyers.

You're likely to take a bath on NFA stuff, particularly if the SBRs were Form 1 with your name engraved on them, not factory SBRs. Anyone having to pay the same $200 tax on a brand new can vs. your used can is likely to be looking for a steep discount to make it worth their while.

EE here is also a good option, although it is heavily reliant on trust. Can also be a hassle shipping out of state, as many FFLs are unwilling to accept firearms from private parties.

No matter what you do, everyone involved in the process is going to want their cut - so set expectations accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
My advice. Keep the cans. The small amount you’d get for them isn’t really worth it to sell. SBRs if they are engraved with your info also become a pain in the ass.

Everything else. Gun broker. Cross fingers and sell. Time your auctions to make them end on Thursday’s and Fridays at 7pm PST.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Durys gun shop out of San Antonio will come to you and buy everything.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Selling out of state will be no problem with the magazines since they are leaving. You just need to make sure it doesn't go to a restricted state.
If selling locally you need to do a private transfer though a FFL unless you ship it to the buyer's FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top