Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What hours is it open today?

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
NVM
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Went for breakfast this morning.  Restaurant owner kinda gave inslee the finger, nobody had a mask, employees or patrons. No social distancing, place was packed as the residents wanted to give inslee the finger too
This was in lynden. Another restaurant received $10,000 fine last week.. I was told the owner said she was going to lose the business anyway so give the employees a chance to have a little $ for holidays.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What hours is it open today?

View Quote

My thoughts exactly.   I think I'll have to head over there to give them some support.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
So it's one thing for the state to enforce this rule that has never been codifed in law.

It's another thing to actually fine and threaten a business over it.

What is the states authority to do either?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering why they all masked up. Bought a G19 from them a few days ago.

Good group of guys there. Buy most of my stuff from them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So it's one thing for the state to enforce this rule that has never been codifed in law.

View Quote

Strength of force and the willingness to use it.

Basically... State says, "Blah" agree or they shoot you. End result.

"Wear mask"
"No"
"Pay Fine"
"No"
"Close Business"
"No"
"Go to jail"
"No"
"Boss Battle End Stage"

Where does anything the state tells us to do end with someone saying no and the state shrugging it's shoulders and saying, "Oh... Ok, well thanks anyways. We'll leave you be."
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went for breakfast this morning.  Restaurant owner kinda gave inslee the finger, nobody had a mask, employees or patrons. No social distancing, place was packed as the residents wanted to give inslee the finger too
This was in lynden. Another restaurant received $10,000 fine last week.. I was told the owner said she was going to lose the business anyway so give the employees a chance to have a little $ for holidays.
View Quote

I have heard that there were several restaurants in the Lynden area that are refusing to abide by Inslee's edicts. I will be supporting them as much and often as I can!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#9]
DO we have another snitch list??  So we can see who is doing the complaining.

Last time I was surprised at how many employees turned in the own employer using their assigned company email.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have heard that there were several restaurants in the Lynden area that are refusing to abide by Inslee's edicts. I will be supporting them as much and often as I can!
View Quote
I need a damn list man!! Where can I go sit down and eat. I was thinking of working up a big group event to the place in Kennewick but fuck me thats a long drive.

Article
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
DO we have another snitch list??  So we can see who is doing the complaining.

Last time I was surprised at how many employees turned in the own employer using their assigned company email.
View Quote

That shit was hilarious. People using their names.ans calling out their managers and companies.
They must not like working very much.
There was one lady who reported a lot of fun stores, all on the same day.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That shit was hilarious. People using their names.ans calling out their managers and companies.
They must not like working very much.
There was one lady who reported a lot of fun stores, all on the same day.
View Quote

Gee, she sure works for a lot of fun stores. Poor gal has no free time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I need a damn list man!! Where can I go sit down and eat. I was thinking of working up a big group event to the place in Kennewick but fuck me thats a long drive.

Article
View Quote

not a list, but try Fairway Cafe, I haven't been yet but I'm hearing that they still have indoor dining.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Fairway Cafe in lynden was shut down by the state, had 135 violations reported, Karen was busy.  A go fund me was set up for the owner, over $25,000 in less than 24 hours.  Citizens getting fed up with inslee's power grab.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What restaurants in Lynden? I do my shopping in Lynden and I would like to patronize restaurants that didn't abide by the governor's edict.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe that the Fairway Cafe was the last hold out, although I think you can still get a beer over at the Thirsty Badger. They have outdoor seating with heaters and possibly a food truck. Give them a call, I'm not sure of their hours of operation.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Inslee’s order quotes the various RCW’s - mostly 43.06.220, 38.08 and public health and L&I orders as well. It’s pretty much a blank check for emergencies and has been for decades.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proc_20-60.pdf
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fairway Cafe is owned by good people and word got out quick about what happened.
They let us use the cafe for a weekly bible study and couldn't have been more gracious about it.
But, since Lynden went blue this election, I'm not surprised.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47594/Screenshot__44_-1718896.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fairway Cafe in lynden was shut down by the state, had 135 violations reported, Karen was busy.  A go fund me was set up for the owner, over $25,000 in less than 24 hours.  Citizens getting fed up with inslee's power grab.

Fairway Cafe is owned by good people and word got out quick about what happened.
They let us use the cafe for a weekly bible study and couldn't have been more gracious about it.
But, since Lynden went blue this election, I'm not surprised.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/47594/Screenshot__44_-1718896.png

I think this says a lot and hopefully it makes people start thinking about what they're being ordered to do.

How does one get COVID when in a restaurant but not when they're shopping in Wal-Mart, Costco, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc? What about getting gas? Somehow its not spread? Keeping open the "big guys" while shutting down the "little guys" says nothing more than "you're unimportant if you can't pay for our political clout".

Each time I go to Skagit Arms, it costs me $60+ so I self regulated and stopped going as often . Shutting down the little guys should only happen if they're shutting down the big guys. Why corporate preference is given at the cost of the little guys' success/failure is only too obvious because this is a scam and the shutting down of the economy, livelihoods, restaurants, etc was to cause people to panic and stay home during a time when they could have been out and about promoting the president and then crushing the election.

Fairway Café has wonderful French Toast by the way. Worth the drive to their restaurant if they're open for breakfast.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Olympia caters exclusively to big $ players. Period. The "little guys" are fodder.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#22]
NVM
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Heard L&I bragging on the radio this morning. Fuck those guys. And the ones snitching.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Spiffy's in Chehalis;

CHEHALIS, Wash. -- The owner of a Chehalis restaurant has now been fined over $67,000 for flaunting the state's current restrictions on indoor dining during the COVID-19 pandemic.

And the fine is likely to grow.

The state's Department of Labor & Industries says Spiffy's restaurant has staunchly continued to allow indoor dining despite Gov. Inslee's statewide orders and a direct notice from L&I to cease indoor operations after an open inspection revealed the violations last week.

The restaurant is being fined $9,639 each day for "willful" violations, which has now stretched to a week and through Tuesday had amounted to $67,423, L&I officials said.
View Quote

My dad was saying the lines are over three hours long to eat there due to the overwhelming support.

When this is over, I hope people remember which political party was so willing to lock up individuals and fine them for trying to keep their livelihood going while allowing Wal-Mart, Target, malls, etc. to remain open as if they are somehow exempt from getting a "virus" in those locations. This is done to crush the small guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#26]
What would stop someone from doing the same thing to report all the unsafe actions they believe are taking place in the state facilities?  Like, every single department of licensing facility for example.  Or every state Office they can find an address for.  I can only imagine how much that over-reporting noise could hamper the state's persecution of those cold hearted small business owners who think they have the right to keep their businesses open so that customers from a free society can patronize them if they feel comfortable doing so.  Unknown if L&I has to actually investigate each report sent to them, or if they just review which way the business appears to lean politically before determining validity, but I'm not aware of (and haven't heard anything whatsoever about) any repercussions or penalties for those that have engaged in the remote reporting of businesses they ideologically disagree with or have heard about on facebook.  

If I were the sort of person that engaged in civil disobedience, I think I would look into that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I hate snitches
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Fork L&I.  Snitches going to snitch and bitches going to bitch.

West coast is lost to the Kool aid drinkers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top