Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2020 7:04:01 PM EDT
Use this link to contact the Governor's Office directly

Copy & Paste this message:

I urge you to amend your stay-at-home order to include firearm-related businesses and shooting ranges in the list of those designated as “essential.” If liquor stores, dry cleaners, and marijuana dispensaries are “essential”, firearm businesses and shooting ranges would seem to have earned at least as much.

These businesses and shooting ranges provide critical services to law enforcement and security, as well as my right to protect myself and my family. Unlike other inconveniences, these rights are enshrined in the Second Amendment and Article 1, Section 24 of the State Constitution.

Please amend your order to designate firearm-related businesses and shooting ranges as “essential.”

Add or modify as you wish.

Thanks WAHTF Patriots!!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I just heard that Inslee signed SHB2555 which has to do with the 4473 "other" classification.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
done
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just heard that Inslee signed SHB2555 which has to do with the 4473 "other" classification.
View Quote

Even if he had not signed it, it would have gone into effect 20 days after passing both chambers.

Still, I say let our voice be heard!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Done!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Done!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My local gun store is staying open till they are ordered closed.  They said they fit 3 categories of essential.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My local gun store is staying open till they are ordered closed.  They said they fit 3 categories of essential.
View Quote

Which 3?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Done; edit also sending to my State Represenatives

My Message is below

I notice that your Covid-19 order is missing the protection of Civil Rights in your order.  

Please add Civil Rights protection to your order.  To include those rights protected in the Washington Stage Constitution, which you have taken an Oath to uphold.  

Business that insure that Civil Rights can be used safely are exempt.  This includes Firearms Ranges, Firearms Manufacturing, Firearms Sales, Firearms resales, Ammunition Manufacturing, Ammunition Sales, Ammunition Resales, Firearms Accessories, Targets, Personal Protective Equipment related to Firearms Ranges, Manufacturing, Sales, Ammo Manufacturing, Sales, or Firearms Accessories.  Suspension of Washington State required background checks (thus freeing up resources) as Federal Law covers these transactions.Firearms Parts Manufacturing, Raw Materials Manufacturing used in Firearms & Ammunition.

As you can see this is one example of ensuring business, tax revenue, reducing thinly stretched resources (Police, Fire, etc).
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Which 3?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which 3?

They didn't say and I didn't ask.  I imagine one had to do with the law enforcement support.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They didn't say and I didn't ask.  I imagine one had to do with the law enforcement support.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Something I got in an email from an out of state gun shop, seems logical. I would think that public safety and security would be a reason too but some animals are more equal than others.

We support "Essential Governmental Functions" as we supply "Public Safety personnel, Law enforcement, Security personnel, Emergency management and response and Military personnel" and thus have been identified as an "Essential Business" that is exempt from the emergency order.

ETA: emailed gov with pieces of above quote with public safety added in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Done.
Thanks for the heads up!
Bellingham
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure people are following this stay at home order.  Yesterday, traffic in Bellingham looked normal.  Wal-Mart's parking lot was packed.  If it's like this down the i5 corridor, inslee may up the enforcement of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top