Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not gun stores apparently...
View Quote

Not sure He can close them unless Martial Law is declared. 2nd Ammendment rights and all. Same goes for declaring alchohol cant be sold, 21st Ammendment.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Give this a week to ten days...it might get very interesting.  Hopefully they don't try to extend this lock down/school closure.  

Three years of record economic growth is being flushed.

History will be the judge of decisions being made today.

Boss
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I'm seeing that supposedly pot shops are essential and gun stores are not???? What in the blue fuck is going on around here
View Quote

This state is a liberal shithole. This should surprise no one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Give this a week to ten days...it might get very interesting.  Hopefully they don't try to extend this lock down/school closure.  

Boss
View Quote

Boss,
History won’t be able to judge, they will just rewrite any history they don’t like, they’re already doing it now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Who wants to bet on the schools reopening this academic year?
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Boss,
History won’t be able to judge, they will just rewrite any history they don’t like, they’re already doing it now.
View Quote

Alot more people write books these days...some are more accurate than others.

But rent and mortgages are going to be due next week, so unless they get some REAL assistance (meaning real dollars in real peoples' hands...not cheap talk) to all the folks they've ORDERED to not work (stay home), financial reality is going be front and center here very soon. Taking unpaid leave isn't a good option for many/most.

Don't want to seem completely callous to the health issues involved (the elderly/vulnerable most certainly need to be protected) but the economic fallout may be devastating for a loooonnnggg time if they don't get a plan going here ASAP.

School restarting? Chances slipping by the day.

$.02/worth.

Boss

Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
My son and daughter in law are teachers, they have said all along it will be doubtful if they return this year.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Boss
View Quote

Wait til after the election results in November, market is gonna be strong.  Toss every penny into the pot now while shares are low.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Schools won't open for the rest of the school year.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be interesting to see how different districts/states handle it. Seems like 2020 could end up being a do-over.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Apparently you cant even shoot, just got run out of the Elbe range by the local forest nazi.  Guess I'm back to day drinking til I go to work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Were you on state or federal land?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, so they told you no shooting because of the order?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Apparently you cant even shoot, just got run out of the Elbe range by the local forest nazi.  Guess I'm back to day drinking til I go to work.
View Quote

According the inslee's speech, the order isn't even in effect until this evening (he said "48 hours from now" while talking on Monday evening). Fuck that asshole.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#17]

How far off the beaten path is that? Is there typically a lot of traffic nearby?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]
It is not off beaten path at all, it is right next to the Elbe Hills ORV trails that are used all the time. The Busywild etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#19]
2 Days in and this is already starting to get old...ugh...

Boss

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Wife's job shut down.  No big deal, it was fun money at this point.

My position is "critical" so no worries for me, but the 'lockdown' will have some impacts for sure.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, so they told you no shooting because of the order?
View Quote

A truck with a trailer passed by slowly, then this other guy in a grey pickup wearing a uniform stops.  I wave and turn back to unloading my bag when he asks what Im doing.  I stated I was going to do some shooting and he said "aren't we supposed to be in our house?"  I said no, Im supposed to be at work, and asked if I could shoot.  He said the park is closed, you need to leave.  As I was grabbing my gear, he said have a nice day, and followed the truck with the trailer.  As soon as I pulled onto the highway, not even a 1/4 mile down the road, a Deputy Sheriff pulled out behind me and followed me all the way back to Elk Plain before turning around and heading back towards Rainier.  Id have stopped for something to eat if there was anything open, just to see if he was following me or not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A truck with a trailer passed by slowly, then this other guy in a grey pickup wearing a uniform stops.  I wave and turn back to unloading my bag when he asks what Im doing.  I stated I was going to do some shooting and he said "aren't we supposed to be in our house?"  I said no, Im supposed to be at work, and asked if I could shoot.  He said the park is closed, you need to leave.  As I was grabbing my gear, he said have a nice day, and followed the truck with the trailer.  As soon as I pulled onto the highway, not even a 1/4 mile down the road, a Deputy Sheriff pulled out behind me and followed me all the way back to Elk Plain before turning around and heading back towards Rainier.  Id have stopped for something to eat if there was anything open, just to see if he was following me or not.
View Quote

Wow what the fuck. I wish you had some camera footage of this lol.

Did the vics have Washington exempt plates? Did you see anything on uniform?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wow what the fuck. I wish you had some camera footage of this lol.

Did the vics have Washington exempt plates? Did you see anything on uniform?
View Quote

I didn't get a good look at his patch, navy blue/black top with a large patch with some red lettering or trim, grey truck had a lightbar and push bumper (more like cattleguard style than police).
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Uh oh. Braking now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Not shocked at all. Not even a little bit

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#26]
We have laid off 25 percent now, and the rest of us have taken 20% pay cuts.  Life sucks right now.

3 weeks ago we were all at a meeting celebrating the 2 prior years' record growth, and our plans for adding employees at all 6 of our Washington stores to handle our projected business.

3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#28]
https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/mbs/alerts-notices/?aid=57349
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Alrighty everybody, happy April 1...  only 30. More. Days. of this lock down(at least).  And that's no joke.

Boss
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#30]
This has been the worst apocalypse ever.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
We are still in pre-apocalypse.

I'm holding out for post-apocalypse.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess im just sick of the weirdness and people freaking out while nothing seems to be happening.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can’t find it right now, but there is a meme with Will Ferrell saying something to the effect of:  “I was promised zombies!  This virus sucks!”
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol. I saw something along those lines on the reader board for a local coffee stand last week.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I guess im just sick of the weirdness and people freaking out while nothing seems to be happening.

View Quote

What's weird is banning individuals from going fishing (eg. Going out on a boat in lake, by themselves), while crowds converging at Costco are GTG.

I suspect this distancing protocol won't make any difference for the majority of healthy people, while those at risk should be smart enough to self-isolate.  In the ling term, we have to ask whether or not this is the right approach.  A tanked economy can do all kinds of harm.  I'm seeing projections of ~10% to 40% unemployment.  That's how a nation falls out of 1st world status.

Looking back in history, the US should bitch-slap itself for getting in bed with China in the name of "spreading democracy through commerce".  We built that beast.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can’t find it right now, but there is a meme with Will Ferrell saying something to the effect of:  “I was promised zombies!  This virus sucks!”
View Quote

It was in ylyl thread

Attachment Attached File

Oh and, fuck china
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We are still in pre-apocalypse.

I'm holding out for post-apocalypse.
View Quote

Yeah, Northwest Adventure center is closed so I cant get the gun I bought on gunbroker, and I'll never know if Lipseys has a SP5 for me either.  This apocalypse blows hard.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Thank you @Boom_Stick !!!

ETA:  And yes - Fuck China!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Talking heads on TV are talking about today being the 1st and rent being due in an almost surprised way.

I posted on this a week ago.  Time, and bills, are marching on...did they think today wasn't going to come?  My monthly bills are arriving like clockwork.  And we're looking at another month of lock down.

There's HUGE problems/work ahead.

Boss
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been isolating pretty much since early February. Thanks to following threads here and a few people on Twitter like Dr Feigl-Ding who turned out to be ahead of the curve, I managed to stock up early and avoid too many financial losses.

Not going out anywhere, not seeing friends and no shooting is a sure track to boredom though.

It could be a lot worse, I have worked with a lot of millennials who live in downtown Seattle, rely on transit and rideshare and their apartments are tiny with awesome shared spaces that are now all closed. Basically locked in a 500 sq ft cell for a month or more.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've been isolating pretty much since early February. Thanks to following threads here and a few people on Twitter like Dr Feigl-Ding who turned out to be ahead of the curve, I managed to stock up early and avoid too many financial losses.

Not going out anywhere, not seeing friends and no shooting is a sure track to boredom though.

It could be a lot worse, I have worked with a lot of millennials who live in downtown Seattle, rely on transit and rideshare and their apartments are tiny with awesome shared spaces that are now all closed. Basically locked in a 500 sq ft cell for a month or more.
View Quote

ONYX Feat. Biohazard - Judgment Night HD
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Extended through May 4th
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Extended through May 4th
View Quote

Not pleased, yet also feel anyone who didn't see that one coming had their head buried in the sand.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Knew April was going to be a wash, but this is insane.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Extended through May 4th
View Quote

I expect that I'll go out backpacking anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I expect that I'll go out backpacking anyway.
View Quote

Plenty of people shooting in the NF today, some even brought grills out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

MONICA!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This gives me a Freedom boner and I am proud to admit it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:39:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Knew April was going to be a wash, but this is insane.
View Quote

It was always going to be through at LEAST April, the math doesn't lie. The bullshit is how the state is handling it. Fishing should not be closed. People should not be banned from damn near all public lands. People need to be able to make money (so long as they can be safe).
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#50]
The record shattering ~9 MILLION folks applying for unemployment last week is more than just a little concerning.

We're rapidly approaching a critical point here, perhaps already passed it...they're not going to be able to simply say 'OK, all clear, go back to work now' and everyone all just show up as normal at their places of former employment like it's after Thanksgiving weekend or something.

Boss
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top