Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2020 5:54:54 PM EDT
This was sent to a member on Washington 2020 legislative action groups FB page about an hr ago.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems 2240 and 6077 are both 15rd companion bills, whereas the other ones didnt match and are dead now?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems 2240 and 6077 are both 15rd companion bills, whereas the other ones didnt match and are dead now?
View Quote
Where does it say the bills are in sync now?  I just checked the bill status and SB 6077 still says 10.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where does it say the bills are in sync now?  I just checked the bill status and SB 6077 still says 10.
View Quote
Maybe Im wrong but I word searched that bill and saw 15rd verbage. I didnt read it as closly as the other one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just checked - they are still out of sync
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just checked - they are still out of sync
View Quote
2240 an 6077?

All the rest are apparently dead except those two.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
2240 is 15 rounds
6077 is 10 rounds

Still out of sync. Senate is the one that will likely need to reconcile. Both have moved out of their originating committee and are a scheduling away from a floor vote.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
OK good deal, thanks for the clarification. I'll edit my post topic
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
6294 CPL Training is the other one to keep an eye on. I can seem them rushing that through the house pretty fast without much difficulty if it passes a senate floor vote...

I believe they have until the 28th to introduce in the opposite house, so plenty of time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2240 is 15 rounds
6077 is 10 rounds

Still out of sync. Senate is the one that will likely need to reconcile. Both have moved out of their originating committee and are a scheduling away from a floor vote.
View Quote
If I understand the process correctly, they have until February 19 to do that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2240 is 15 rounds
6077 is 10 rounds

If that’s truly the case, we definitely need to keep pressure up with the calls, emails and letters (think it was the “CA style mag ban” thread that had great talking points to use).
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2240 is 15 rounds
6077 is 10 rounds

I think just one has to go to the floor before then. Once one goes to the floor the other can still pass theirs up until March 6th. The reconciliation I think can happen pretty much up until the end... As far as I know amendments can (and should be able to) happen up until the last step of the process.

But I wouldn't consider any of them safe until the morning of 3/13
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think just one has to go to the floor before then. Once one goes to the floor the other can still pass theirs up until March 6th. The reconciliation I think can happen pretty much up until the end... As far as I know amendments can (and should be able to) happen up until the last step of the process.

But I wouldn't consider any of them safe until the morning of 3/13
View Quote
A month out?  Shit.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I got the same response from her...which was a nice update for me cause I dont always understand the legislative process.

Emailed committee members again today opposing 6077 and 6294
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top