Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Every time I call...
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nearly always out of 10mm...   and the only subsonic 9mm is 147gr HP's.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You and tanya should quit picking on me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you have plush leather couches and free Latte's?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Fat guy at the counter tried to touch my naughty place.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Which fat guy, and which side of the counter?  (myself included)
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which fat guy, and which side of the counter? (myself included)

I guess if I pick the wrong fat guy out of a line up it's over.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Ewwww.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#12]
You're not on the 'Dryside'
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
the no prices over the phone thing is a pantload, im not gonna drive for 90 minutes guessing on what the price is
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the no prices over the phone thing is a pantload, im not gonna drive for 90 minutes guessing on what the price is

You should not be driving 90 minutes anyways unless you are saving atleast 2x your fuel cost.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys really need a northend shop
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Really? You guys run one of the best shops I've seen. I'm sure that doesn't happen by accident. Every time I'm in your shop I see a bunch of guys working like their asses are on fire. Same thing at the gun shows.

I was gonna complain that the cases of .45 I bought from you at the show were too heavy. Then I remembered you lent me a hand truck to wheel it out to the car.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really? You guys run one of the best shops I've seen. I'm sure that doesn't happen by accident.

This sort of exercise is how they will continue to do that and be better at it.

Kudos to you for opening yourselves up to the scrutiny of your customers this way.

+1 for the north end shop
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should not be driving 90 minutes anyways unless you are saving atleast 2x your fuel cost.

agreed, but id be willing to if i knew the prices and i needed some ammo as well to make it worth my while,
i have bought a few pistols and rifles there, i'm not the guy calling while at another store trying to weasel 10 dollars, so id like a little cooperation,
also west coast armory has gotten overpriced over the years and wades..... well yeah
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed, but id be willing to if i knew the prices and i needed some ammo as well to make it worth my while,
i have bought a few pistols and rifles there, i'm not the guy calling while at another store trying to weasel 10 dollars, so id like a little cooperation,
also west coast armory has gotten overpriced over the years and wades..... well yeah

Well then it sounds like you can come and know youre getting a decent deal.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you are going to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, the rest of us will tell you to stop whining.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the rest of us will tell you to stop whining.

dont be a fool you idiot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMo9IP8w2Uc
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im down for whatever

I just like the store. Good prices, nice people and sometimes its fun to watch that one guy run around confusing people. I like supporting local business, and in the sub five mile from my house department they win. If I lived in elsewhere I might frequent a different shop like Mary's or something. I used to call and ask for prices on stuff alot, but theyve ben crazy busy so sometimes I'll just go down and ask or look around.

Heres another real swell idea. Maybe you could go down there and introduce yourself with a "Hey I'm Carl, I'm Eswift on arfcom" then some goofy looking schmuck would say "oh yeah, I'm unicorn, I've won the most masculine handle of the year award three years in a row on arfcom."

Then you could go home, and later email unicorn or whomever you met and say "Hey I'm Carl, we met last week, I was the doof with interpersonal issues. Say I'm super interested in getting xxx, do you guys carry that? If you dont how much would it be to order?

It's an interesting concept to consider, but I have not yet found someone at any retail outlet who does not respond well to politeness and casual niceness. Sometimes theyre even willing to go the extra inch or two to help you out, even if its outside of their job desciptions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Im down for whatever

I just like the store. Good prices, nice people and sometimes its fun to watch that one guy run around confusing people. I like supporting local business, and in the sub five mile from my house department they win. If I lived in elsewhere I might frequent a different shop like Mary's or something. I used to call and ask for prices on stuff alot, but theyve ben crazy busy so sometimes I'll just go down and ask or look around.

Heres another real swell idea. Maybe you could go down there and introduce yourself with a "Hey I'm Carl, I'm Eswift on arfcom" then some goofy looking schmuck would say "oh yeah, I'm unicorn, I've won the most masculine handle of the year award three years in a row on arfcom."

Then you could go home, and later email unicorn or whomever you met and say "Hey I'm Carl, we met last week, I was the doof with interpersonal issues. Say I'm super interested in getting xxx, do you guys carry that? If you dont how much would it be to order?

It's an interesting concept to consider, but I have not yet found someone at any retail outlet who does not respond well to politeness and casual niceness. Sometimes theyre even willing to go the extra inch or two to help you out, even if its outside of their job desciptions.

I realise arfcom has changed but WTF was that? Logic and politeness in one post

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Yeah, that's just crazy talk!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top