Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2011 10:39:40 AM EDT
Hey all,

First off, i'm not trying to convince you of anything, just put an offer out there.

My church, Mars Hill is renting out Qwest Field for an Easter service this Sunday. It has been 10 years since all of the campuses were together so its been rented out, parking has been provided. Including our church members we are hoping for 20k (including a large number of homeless). It is free, and starts at 0930, but its recommended that you arrive at 0900. So if you don't have Easter plans, feel free to join us!

You can go to marshillchurch.org with questions

- Zach

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It is free

Do some churches charge for easter service?

Church, it's only for Easter and Christmas. Millions of people cant be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the invitation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is free

But they can...herd mentality...as simple as driving up the driveway to the party and parking in the mud pit before the house instead of going to the driveway to see if it was clear....about 15 cars parked in the mud pit and 4 in the driveway... the driveways combined can hold 15+ cars...
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is free

The only reason that I mention it is free is that it is at Qwest Field, so i wanted to make sure no one thought you had to pay (because it is such a public event at this big location).
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
He is RISEN.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey all,

First off, i'm not trying to convince you of anything, just put an offer out there.

My church, Mars Hill is renting out Qwest Field for an Easter service this Sunday. It has been 10 years since all of the campuses were together so its been rented out, parking has been provided. Including our church members we are hoping for 20k (including a large number of homeless). It is free, and starts at 0930, but its recommended that you arrive at 0900. So if you don't have Easter plans, feel free to join us!

- Zach

What campus do you attend? We go to Shoreline, and my son was baptised at Qwest today. He is risen, indeed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the invite, but I have prior plans.

Please do post the results however.

IIRC, when he rolls away the stone, if he sees his shadow there will be 6 more weeks of winter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey all,

- Zach

What campus do you attend? We go to Shoreline, and my son was baptised at Qwest today. He is risen, indeed.

I'm a greeter at the Shoreline campus. What service do you usually attend?

EDIT:
Results
- Attendance of over 17,500 (all campuses combined have a total number of 10k, so we got a huge number of visitors)
- 615 individuals were baptized

It was an amazing event. The seats were filled, even in the rain, and instead of raising the 12th man flag at the stadium, we raised a massive flag that simply said "Jesus" on it. The message was great (concise but to the point) and is available at Mars Hill's head page. Music was great as well. Overall it was very blessed––he is risen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice. Glad to hear there was such a good turnout. He is risen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Music was great as well.

Anyone doing backflips down the isle?

Have you seen the light?
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey all,

- Zach

EDIT:
Results
- Attendance of over 17,500 (all campuses combined have a total number of 10k, so we got a huge number of visitors)

It was an amazing event. The seats were filled, even in the rain, and instead of raising the 12th man flag at the stadium, we raised a massive flag that simply said "Jesus" on it. The message was great (concise but to the point) and is available at Mars Hill's head page. Music was great as well. Overall it was very blessed––he is risen.

We usually go to the 11:15. I'll look for you next week if you're going to be there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Arfcom Church party?

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey all,

- Zach

EDIT:
Results

We usually go to the 11:15. I'll look for you next week if you're going to be there.

I'm at the 11:15 as well, but i'm not sure if i'm on for greeting, but I will let you know.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Campuses?  What is that like some sort of franchised faith?

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah...we get that some of you guys don't attend church...how about leaving it at that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah...we get that some of you guys don't attend church...how about leaving it at that.

No way.

In the cool kids circles its a must you mock believers. In others its simply understood to be crass behavior, a clear sign of a very shitty upbringing.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No way.

In the cool kids circles its a must you mock believers. In others its simply understood to be crass behavior, a clear sign of a very shitty upbringing.

I usually revert to "consider the source" mode in these instances.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's like you got it out of an old book or something.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like you got it out of an old book or something.

Well the new part of an old book
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Campuses?  What is that like some sort of franchised faith?

multi-site church, not franchised. Each "campus" functions as it's own congregation, but the beliefs are uniform throughout the church. Each church is fully supportive of itself (in terms of staff, finances), and each church gives to missions, has it's own independent events, membership classes etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:22:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No way.

It's easy to confuse mocking the religious fringe with being an unbeliever. Not so easy is knowing who is a believer or understanding why they would poke fun at themselves or something they are involved with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's easy to confuse mocking the religious fringe with being an unbeliever. Not so easy is knowing who is a believer or understanding why they would poke fun at themselves or something they are involved with.

3 out of every 4 Americans identify themselves as Christian,
hardly fringe.......
Mark 3:29 has no respect of persons, believer or not.
And finally Matthew 7:6 FTW

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way.

I make religious jokes and believe you me, I'm not in the cool kids circle.

I also don't believe that making jokes about a ridiculous fantasy of a supreme creator watching ones every move and basing their quality of life in eternity on it is a sign of poor upbringing.

You have every right to believe in anything you want. You have no right to censor someone elses opinion when you post your opinion on a public internet forum.

For the 100% supportive, positive, non-comical response you seek, perhaps the religious forum should be utilized.

ETA: "Judge not and ye shall be judged anyway."  Fallopians 6:13

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I also don't believe that making jokes about a ridiculous fantasy of a supreme creator watching ones every move and basing their quality of life in eternity on it is a sign of poor upbringing.

You have every right to believe in anything you want. You have no right to censor someone elses opinion when you post your opinion on a public internet forum.

For the 100% supportive, positive, non-comical response you seek, perhaps the religious forum should be utilized.

ETA: "Judge not and ye shall be judged anyway."  Fallopians 6:13

Nobody's trying to censor you.. you just didn't come off as very smart. Or funny.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: "Judge not and ye shall be judged anyway." Fallopians 6:13

Nobody's trying to censor you.. you just didn't come off as very smart. Or funny.

You communicate telepathically with a deceased Jewish carpenter and believe you are going to spend eternity in a Holy Kingdom and I'm not too smart.

Got it. My bad.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: "Judge not and ye shall be judged anyway." Fallopians 6:13

You communicate telepathically with a deceased Jewish carpenter and believe you are going to spend eternity in a Holy Kingdom and I'm not too smart.

Got it. My bad.

Nobody's ever made fun of my beliefs before.. whatever shall I do?

Not deceased. Risen. That's the whole point of the exercise, although the nuance seems to be lost in the mocking.

(I don't want to get OP's thread locked or my pee pee slapped, so I'll agree to disagree and leave this alone from here on out.)
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

(I don't want to get OP's thread locked or my pee pee slapped, so I'll agree to disagree and leave this alone from here on out.)

You are entitled to your opinion. You don't have to hide in the shadows.

I just don't happen to agree with the whole premise.

If we can skip the earlier comments like stating someone is of inferior intelligence because they don't share your faith, things should be OK.

I'm no stranger to religion. Catholic school, nuns, catechism etc. I just got away from it as soon as I could out run my mom.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thats probably a borderline COC offense. You really need trolling lessons before you get your internets rescinded.

You have every right to believe in anything
you want. You have no right to censor someone elses opinion when you
post your opinion on a public internet forum.

So you can come shit in this thread, but if I dare have an opinion of your childish trolling Im fucked up?

One question smart guy- Tell me how I censored your opinion.
For the 100%
supportive, positive, non-comical response you seek, perhaps the
religious forum should be utilized.

Negative. And shame on you for using the homosexuals arrangement of an argument- If I disagree with you I have to be quiet. Nowhere did I say you couldnt babble your bullshit, nor did I report you. I had an opinion on your troll post, nothing more. The OP made the post with a disclaimer as a humble invitation. Something I wouldnt have done as you are proof of Matthew 7:6.

If you dont religion, you could have kept on strolling. You didnt. With your opinion of religion you only came in this thread to take a shit, and now you want to take issue with anyone who thinks poorly of you. I didnt have to form an opinion of you, you did that all by yourself.

See you at SNW.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You are entitled to your opinion. You don't have to hide in the shadows. You just have to put up with the heckling because I dont believe in it.

I just don't happen to agree with the whole premise so instead of ignoring threads on things I dont believe in I will troll them.

If we can skip the earlier comments like stating someone is of
inferior intelligence because they don't share your faith, things should
be OK.

Neither the term "crass behavior nor "shitty upbringing" means inferior intelligence.

Things will be ok whether you like the negative responses to your religious trolling or not.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are entitled to your opinion. You don't have to hide in the shadows. You just have to put up with the heckling because I dont believe in it.

I just don't happen to agree with the whole premise so instead of ignoring threads on things I dont believe in I will troll them.

If we can skip the earlier comments like stating someone is of inferior intelligence because they don't share your faith, things should be OK.

Neither the term "crass behavior nor "shitty upbringing" means inferior intelligence.

Things will be ok whether you like the negative responses to your religious trolling or not.

Settle down dude.

What would Jesus do?

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

See you at SNW.

I thought you got in an argument with those guys.

Some EE deal or something?

Maybe it was somebody else.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Settle down dude.

From your first post in this thread to the last....still not posting anything coherent. Nor backing up any of the bs you claimed.

"Got it."

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See you at SNW.

It was somebody else, it was you. The Range? Cap locks? "FPOFS"?

I posted there yesterday. [shrug]

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Settle down dude.

From your first post in this thread to the last....still not posting anything coherent. Nor backing up any of the bs you claimed.

"Got it."

"Let he among you who hath not responded to a poor upbringing (indicating parents) comment, cast thy first stone"   Parsnipians  4:6
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See you at SNW.

It was somebody else, it was you. The Range? Cap locks? "FPOFS"?

I posted there yesterday. [shrug]

Not that.

The thread you posted in here about some rule you didn't like and then when hurtful words were said you got all empotional.

Kinda like now.

And you know what else there fella, you are NOT handling this like a good Christian.

To be born again and bathed in the blood of Jesus is to be his humble servant and spread the testament of the almighy God and his son and saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Not attempt emotional cruelty and say disparging remarks to a percieved internet sinner.

I find you somewhat disingenuous sir.  I would not trust you with the collection basket at this point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

And you know what else there fella, you are NOT handling this like a good Christian. Show me where I claimed to be any kind of Christian.

To be born again and bathed in the blood of Jesus is to be his humble servant and spread the testament of the almighy God and his son and saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ. Stated several times-Matthew 7:6

I find you somewhat disingenuous sir.  I would not trust you with the collection basket at this point. You wouldnt find me at your agnostic "church".

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Show me where I claimed to be any kind of Christian.

Easter is a Christian holiday. By your staunch defense of religion in an Easter thread, that assumption could be made.

Quoted:

You wouldnt find me at your agnostic "church".

I don't attend an Agnostic church. That's an Oxymoron silly.

If I were to attend a church I would go to the Free Methodists. Because I don't want it to cost me anything.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show me where I claimed to be any kind of Christian.

Easter is a Christian holiday. By your staunch defense of religion in an Easter thread, that assumption could be made.

Show me where I defended religion.  

I specifically opined on thread shitting by blasphemers . Any assumption has a flawed outcome as it takes thoughts in your brain and applies them to things about me neither stated nor implied.

Quoted:

You wouldnt find me at your agnostic "church".

I don't attend an Agnostic church. That's an Oxymoron silly.

If I were to attend a church I would go to the Free Methodists. Because I don't want it to cost me anything.

I used agnostic as opposed to atheist since you placed yourself in a church not trusting me with the collection plate.

You are full of fail and NOWHERE near as smart as you think you are. There are many agnostic churches, google is your friend. There is no oxymoron.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 out of every 4 Americans identify themselves as Christian, hardly fringe.......

Nope, no Christian connection there.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 out of every 4 Americans identify themselves as Christian, hardly fringe.......

And that is me claiming to be a Christian?

The word daft is springing to mind.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that is me claiming to be a Christian?

The word daft is springing to mind.

All right man I get it.

You're not a Christian.

Didn't mean to offend you.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

All right man I get it.

You're not a Christian.

No you dont.

Im thinking its a comprehension issue.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All right man I get it.

You're not a Christian.

No you dont.

Im thinking its a comprehension issue.

No argument here. You are extremely hard to comprehend.

You post that "Crass" and "Poor upbringing" have nothing to do with intelligence when no one was even talking about you.

The Intelligence remark and subsequent reply was with McCall.

Then you repeatedly quote scripture, give Christian statistics and deplore non believers yet get all butthurt when I assume you are a Christian.

Then you counter that "Agnostic Church" is not an Oxymoron because they physically exist.

An Oxymoron is a combination of two words that would infer opposite or unlikely meanings yet are used together.

The physical existence of such a church does not change the fact that it's an Oxymoron.

Then when I attempt to acknowledge the non Christian status you are projecting, you do a 180 and cite that it's not the case.

Lets do this. You re-read the thread. Start a little scratch list if it will help you.

Get the chronological order of the posts correct and then try replying to them accurately.

I'm going to be working on the computer for a while if you want me to proof read them via IM before you post.

Always here for you, Dober.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Ho Lee Crap! Let me get a word in before this puppy gets locked. Well, maybe Phil is too busy working to lock it...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Firstly, I learned long ago that subtlety in a forum setting is way under kill. People don't get it and you end up explaining at some point anyway. That said, it's just no fun to have to spell every thing out so nobody has to think about it. Oh well.

Fringe. Those are the people that go to church on Christmas and Easter only. They identify as Christians but don't want to be bothered actually going to church or living in a Christ like manner. There's a wide chasm betwixt identifying as Christian and living as a Christian. I'm in church forty some Sundays a year. I qualify as a believer. I'll poke fun at you, DD, the OP, myself or anyone else that comes along. Most people are much too thin skinned and don't appreciate someone having a laugh at their expense. Hell, I suck it up just like I give it. It's rare that any of my smart assed comments are meant in a mean spirit though. There's generally no guessing about it when I do. Yet its common for whoever to get their panties in a wad.

So, this time I was commenting on the religious fringe. Next time it'll be something else and someone else will elbow their way to the front of the line of offendees.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in church forty some Sundays a year. I qualify as a believer.

Thats 40 times more than me and I still dont blaspheme. There are a million other things to ridicule and make light of.

Sounds like your Shepherd needs to get to work.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thats 40 times more than me and I still dont blaspheme.

Fear not, I'll not be going DD on your ass, but I will say that your definition of blasphemy and mine must differ. That is if you were inferring that I blasphemed. Maybe DD was onto something when he asked you to go back and reread the thread.

It's curious to me that you don't go to church or claim to be a Christian but quote scripture and go out of your way to not be a blasphemer. Do you go to church on Christmas and Easter?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fear not, I'll not be going DD on your ass, but I will say that your definition of blasphemy and mine must differ. That is if you were inferring that I blasphemed. Maybe DD was onto something when he asked you to go back and reread the thread.

It's curious to me that you don't go to church or claim to be a Christian but quote scripture and go out of your way to not be a blasphemer. Do you go to church on Christmas and Easter?

My mom, a born again Pentecostal, has the list of who's going to heaven and who's not.

She can't open a jpeg in an email but she knows that.

I'll call her and have her look him up.

If he's on the list, he's GTG and does not need to attend services.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fear not, I'll not be going DD on your ass, but I will say that your definition of blasphemy and mine must differ. That is if you were inferring that I blasphemed.

I wasnt inferring anyone specific. Those who chose to troll it did so, someone inferred trolling a religious thread wasnt necessary and I explained why it was. Blasphemy, by Dictionary.com is "
impious
utterance
or
action
concerning
god or
sacred
things
".

It's curious to me that you don't go to church or claim to be a
Christian but quote scripture and go out of your way to not be a
blasphemer. Do you go to church on Christmas and Easter?

Why curious? As I already said, there are plenty of things in this huge world to make fun of without having to mock something someone believes in. I think my initial opinion of "crass" is very spot on, and whether it hurts anyones feelings or not, actions such as that are from a lack of good hometraining.

And no, not on Christmas or Easter either.
Matthew 7:6

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I find most of this thread crass and unnecessary. You kids are having a food fight across someone else's table. Sit down, shut up and finish your vegetables.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Says the guy who can be as crass or more so than the next guy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top