Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 8:24:53 PM EDT
"Homeless camp" "tent city"

I think Mayor McGinn truly has a very strong humanist streak in caring about all the people in Seattle and I think he sees his election as a ... message that he needs to address the needs of folks who've been ignored in the past,"

Linky
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got another plan. How about we shut down DSHS and replace it with free weekly one-way bus service to Sacramento.

"Like welfare, kids? Ahnold has great welfare."

40% budget cut and no more juggalos.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Had them here in Redmond, Twice. You can keep them there and raise your taxes to pay for them....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried to hook up with these people.  My tent wasn't nice enough so they sent me on my way.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Beat and release > put on a bus to Tukwila used to work fine for SPD.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
They had one in Spokane 3 years ago that was right across from Stevens Elementary School.

The neighborhood residents were pissed off, got it shut down after a couple months. Now people are trying to get permission from the city to start another one back up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#6]

I am going to try to get one of these. Seriously. Great for overnights at the track. Hell, I'll take a dozen if I can get them.

About EDAR

EDAR (Everyone Deserves A Roof) is a 501(c)(3) charity that provides unique mobile shelters to those living on the streets all around us. Each EDAR is a four-wheeled mobile unit which carries belongings and facilitates recycling during the day and which unfolds into a special, framed tent-like sleeping enclosure with a bed at night.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I am going to try to get one of these. Seriously. Great for overnights at the track. Hell, I'll take a dozen if I can get them.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii260/bulletbob223/homelesspunk.jpg

About EDAR

EDAR (Everyone Deserves A Roof) is a 501(c)(3) charity that provides unique mobile shelters to those living on the streets all around us. Each EDAR is a four-wheeled mobile unit which carries belongings and facilitates recycling during the day and which unfolds into a special, framed tent-like sleeping enclosure with a bed at night.

That IS a pretty slick setup.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Last summer there was one set up at church about 6 blocks from house in Redmond. There were several houses broken into during this time. I started locking things up during the day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About EDAR

They would be great for LCR. If a knife fight breaks out next to you, you merely roll it to a quiet area and go back to sleep. No stakes or poles to hassle with.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

About EDAR

They would be great for LCR. If a knife breaks out next to you, you merely roll it to a quiet area and go back to sleep. No stakes or poles to hassle with.

That thing is WAY too portable for LCR.  Just ask Surferboi.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

About EDAR

They would be great for LCR. If a knife fight breaks out next to you, you merely roll it to a quiet area and go back to sleep. No stakes or poles to hassle with.

Or you could hook one up to an ATV and start your own Irish Bog Racing & Camping Adventure.  Could even turn it into a series on PBS.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

About EDAR

Just figured out what my RV's custom plates are going to be
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got another plan. How about we shut down DSHS and replace it with free weekly one-way bus service to Sacramento.

WTF is up with these kids............

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

NO, not yet....They still have to do their once every 18 month unannounced "surprise" inspection at our business.... the clock is currently at 17 months + days...... then they can go bye-bye.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Godamitt, I called these people this morning trying to get one and they failed to mention it comes with a T shirt.

The homeless get all the breaks.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is up with these kids............

Attention whores, laughed pretty hard when I saw one face down on the ground with a cop cuffing him while another cop was searching his bag, happened somewhere around 1st on Jackson.

All the beggars in Seattle get really damn annoying, I don't want people to encourage them to stay homeless.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

All the beggars in Seattle get really damn annoying, I don't want people to encourage them to stay homeless.

This is the society we now live in. Honesty and hard work are punished while sloth and under achievement are empathetically rewarded. Just so you know, it won't be getting better anytime soon.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the society we now live in. Honesty and hard work are punished while sloth and under achievement are empathetically rewarded. Just so you know, it won't be getting better anytime soon.

I don't think it will be getting better, at least not in this area (Damn yuppie soccer moms everywhere) but I can always dream...

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you freaking kidding me??!!

EDAR wants $500.00 for one of those!!!

Get this instead!

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.  These are a better bargain.  And they come with tags so you can personalize them.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Are you freaking kidding me??!!
EDAR wants $500.00 for one of those!!!

Get this instead!

Sounds like they're a non-profit by paying the bulk of the profit to themselves as pay

It's philanthropists and taxpayers that get scammed by paying the high price for this "ruggedized" version of a shopping cart.

What's wrong with a shopping cart and pitch roof tent anyway? Cheaper to get (from any grocery store), and add some tarp (building construction site at night).

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top