Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 10:21:29 AM EDT
It's on channel 47 right now, it's a British journalist's perspective of guns in America. And as usual, they screw up the details already. A dad built an AR15 for his 12 year old daughter who was very stoked about it and while the pictures of her holding her new (very obvious AR15) rifle is shown, the journalist asks how she likes her new AK-47. Also her rifle is capable of 600 rounds a minute. Anyone with a semi auto able to squeeze off around 600 a minute?

If Tom Brokaw told the world that the internet is a "sewer" of bad information, he should start looking at the people he works with...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Your surprised by this from Journalism (if you can call it that these days?).  
Furthermore, your surprised by this from PMSnbc?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Not surprised, just disappointed. It's one of those things in my personal opinion that with the huge population this planet has, that the opinions of a select few can be allowed to be broadcast to so many.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a damn shame, but nothing new as far as the travesty of modern journalism.  Hell yes, it pisses me off too..................seems there's no such thing as unbiased reporting of facts.

To me it's very irresponsible for those charged with reporting of facts to be so damn slanted................fuckin' unproffesional as hell.

But definitely nothing new.

The media in general in our Country is extremely irresponsible.....................just look at their role in the last election.

Disgusting, but unfortunately it's the status quo.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
ABC= All Barack Channel
NBC = National Barack Channel
CBS = Communist Barack Channel
CNN = Communist Nationalist Network
PBS = Public Baracks Syndication  
FCC = Fuckin Communist Conspiracy

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
fuck for profit media they never get it right...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they wouldn't be doing it if it weren't for profit, I suppose.  It does seem as though the ethos of unbiased reporting of facts has gone out the fuckin' window in the last, I guess, 20 years or so.

I know there's always been some opinion and biased inserted here and there, in all journalism, that is inevitable with humans, we are imperfect.  But I think the bullshit's gotten way out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
A perfect example of biased reporting by the major networks is the march on Washington DC for the 9/12 Project. Some estimates put the total at 1.7 million that showed up for that event. And find me a network besides FOX that did anything positive for what was being done there that day. Instead we were shown as racists and gun toting, crazy conservatives that don't add up to anything worth mentioning more than in passing. There were more people at that rally than at Obama's inauguration. The good part of all this is that because it happened in DC, the politicians saw what happened that day and I pray they keep that in mind with their elections coming up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fuck for profit media they never get it right...

Oh yes they do get it right. All info we see––whether it's accurate or not––is there deliberately, and with malice.

We've known this since at least WW1, yet it didn't matter to that generation, nor the next, nor the next, nor the next next next.

We're fucking morons like that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top