Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
wife left
lost my job

why should I go on?

C'mon dude...  Don't talk like that...  I've been there and done that...  It gets better...  Nothing is worth harming yourself or others over...  If you need someone to talk to just call me...  PM me and I'll send you my info...  But please man...  Don't do anything stupid...
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you've got plenty of company in that department.

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk to someone....dont do anything rash.....where are your parents? Do you have some other close family? Siblings? Close personnel friend?
Priest?

I pray that you talk to someone, that things go better for you, be well..Know that we are pulling for you..
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like you are on a vacation and you can do anything you want....
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
wife left
lost my job

why should I go on?

Wow... Bet you could find a new wife and job.

I ruptured my right arm. Been in a cast for almost two weeks.
Can't bathe, can hardly dress myseft, can't sleep, can barely wipe my ass.
Filed a work comp. it's being debated.

But, like all things, this too shall pass.

Why should you go on?
Because you can!!!
Step back and you'll see that not only will you make it,
it will be better than before.

Was thinking about giving ya a call, go visit ya being that I am at home still, getting better but it will be a real long time till I'm back to.... whatever, ya know real good health... Anyways after reading this I am unsure it a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Yup as others have said... times are tough for many of us.  The other day the wife reminded me something I kept telling her when we first met... times change, it always does so keep a positive attitude… later you’ll see it was true and all will be good, but it is up to you, you have to hang in there! Don’t give into the negative crap… it will change soon!

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
why should I go on?

A pizza vending machine!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/bacon/fe0d1bfd.jpg

Deep fried WhiteCastle CheeseBurgers!
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/bacon/38cdbc6d.jpg

The Double(!) Bacon Hamburger Fatty Melt
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/bacon/20081013-doublebaconfatty.jpg

* Bacon-stuffed grilled cheese sandwich as bun top
   * Cheese
   * Bacon
   * Four-ounce beef patty
   * Bacon-stuffed grilled cheese sandwich as interstitial bun (a nod to the Big Mac)
   * Bacon
   * Cheeese
   * Four-ounce beef patty
   * Bacon-stuffed grilled cheese sandwich as bun bottom

Have I mentioned that I love you Phil?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
wife left
lost my job

why should I go on?

HOLY SHIT!!  Why should you go on?  I'll tell you why, no wife, no job, you got all kinds of free time!!  No wife, no one raggin your ass.  Go find a job, and remember that the only one to watch out for right now is #1, that's you, man.  Switch to paper plates, cups, and plastic silverware, clean yourself up, and go hunt down some (member of whatever sex you are looking for)!!!!

PARTY TIME!!!

IOW, things are never as bad as they seem!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife...Sorry that sucks, but now all those girls that would walk by when you were with her are free game...

When you would go out and find a girl that just so beautiful and has so many daddy issues that you almost forget your married....Free game...

When you and your buddy go out and play good cop bad cop with every girl you meet...Now you can finally play good cop...

Remember....Girls are like Pokemon....Gotta catch them all...

As far as the job...Fuck it...Its just a job...Grab a fishing pole...Go fishing...Eat them...Puke it back up after a case of PBR...

Remember you on a vacation from your problems....Gil...Gil...
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

wife left

As someone here once put it, quite poetically: "Women are like busses.  Another one will be by soon.  And some of them are bendy in the middle."
lost my job

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on that one.  There's plenty of us in the same situation.  There are other jobs.
why should I go on?

Ummm... well... because you forgot the beer?

They always forget the beer.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
wife left
lost my job

why should I go on?

Next job may pay more.
Next wife may swallow more.
I nailed a fat chick once while in a drunken stupor trying to get over a lost girlfriend.
Oddly enough, it worked.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I nailed a fat chick once while in a drunken stupor trying to get over a lost girlfriend.
Oddly enough, it worked.

Korbel or Chivas?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oddly enough, it worked.

Korbel or Chivas?

Bud and Jack IIRC. It was a long time ago. So...Foughgeddaboutit.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I meant tonight.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I meant tonight.

Oh...Cadillac margs. No fat chicks.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#18]
You should go on because of this guy!  I mean, how awesome is it that this dog just looks into your eyes...  I can feel a connection with him right now...  I feel the love and you will too...

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You should go on because of this guy!  I mean, how awesome is it that this dog just looks into your eyes...  I can feel a connection with him right now...  I feel the love and you will too...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/Neo1130/funnypup.jpg

If you really feel the love stop chaining him up by the neck.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#20]
we all have some down times, trust me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
you've got plenty of company in that department.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#22]
WTF, seriously??!?!?!  So you're turning to ARFCOM...  Actually, that's not a half bad idea.

A lot of us here have ost jobs, especially recently.  Hell, I lost mine 2 weeks before Christmas, WITH a 4 month Pregnant wife and a mortgage payment due.  I picked myself up and found another job.  It's not what I want, and doesn't pay what I was making, but it pays the bills and allows me to look while I have a job...  There are jobs out there, you just have to work a little harder.

As far as the wife leaving you... CELEBRATE, get yourself a hooker or something.  Better yet, get yourself some 18 year old to fuck 6 ways from Sunday!! Now, I absolutely love my wife, but if she decided to leave me, I'd be right back to my man-whoreing ways before we got together and she settled me down.

This could be a positive, just pull yourself together!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I tried to IM you, but you have them blocked. That there's a real good start.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#24]
ARFCOM can be somewhat harsh but I think you're safe here in the HTF.  Since you're having such a bad day, we'll let the fact that you didn't bring beer slide.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Man have I got problems, lost my job, the wife left. Hey, wait a minute, whats the problem?
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#26]
You'll be ok.  Start writing country music and make a mint.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#27]
You have to have the rough times in order to appreciate the good ones. Something new and interesting will come along eventually. It is hard to have the right perspective while you are in the midst of your problems, just remember that it was just a job, and even though the economy is in the toilet it still isn't all that bad.

You might try heading up to LCR this weekend. Bring some beer and I'm sure someone will let you shoot their fun toy and put a grin on your face.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#28]

JUMP! JUMP! MOTHERFUCKER!

Oh-wait.  You have successfully started a topic that Neo hasn't fucked up yet or been horsewhipped by the masses.  So if you kill yourself, you never get to live the glory.

I know what Hoppes #9 tastes like, so shoot me an IM if you are seriously thinking about it ending it.  

Don't "shoot" anything, "send" me an IM...

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#29]
There are thousands of women in your area who would love to nail a single guy.  Go hit them like a retard on a drum set.

You must go on.  Never do something to harm yourself, never.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Basically what everyone else said. The answer to both the wife and the job is you can get new ones ( think of it as a trade in) and they will probably be more worth while. If the wife couldnt handle a rough patch then the hell with her you can get someone who will stand by you in the bad times. If the job wasnt stable then you can find a good one now. In the interim go out there and have some fun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are thousands of women in your area who would love to nail a single guy.  Go hit them like a retard on a drum set.

You must go on.  Never do something to harm yourself, never.

Sage advice.

Losing a job is nothing more than a minor setback...losing a woman is hardly worth the trouble to post about it.
Suicide is for punk-asses who don't have the guts to overcome adversity.
A measure of a man is what he does with his life, how far he goes up the ladder of success, and how many he brings along with him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Sooo, a few posts into page 2 is appropriate to call dibs on guns and ammo, right??  

... Sorry, someone has to inject a little humor, this thread is a little to dark.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sooo, a few posts into page 2 is appropriate to call dibs on guns and ammo, right??  

... Sorry, someone has to inject a little humor, this thread is a little to dark.

Asshole.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Well if we are going dark, dibs on his magazines.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I asked my roommate what the point to life was last night, he said "Farting on 12 year olds"  It got me through the night, anway...
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Asshole.

And R-32 is our leader!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I asked my roommate what the point to life was last night, he said "Farting on 12 year olds" It got me through the night, anway...

Used to go to Toys R' Us and stand around the kids playing the PS2.  Drop a good, silent, chili and beer fart and walk away.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I asked my roommate what the point to life was last night, he said "Farting on 12 year olds" It got me through the night, anway...

Used to go to Toys R' Us and stand around the kids playing the PS2.  Drop a good, silent, chili and beer fart and walk away.

You can play my wingman anytime...
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

JUMP! JUMP! MOTHERFUCKER!

Oh-wait.  You have successfully started a topic that Neo hasn't fucked up yet or been horsewhipped by the masses.  So if you kill yourself, you never get to live the glory.

I know what Hoppes #9 tastes like, so shoot me an IM if you are seriously thinking about it ending it.  

Don't "shoot" anything, "send" me an IM...

Things could be worse...  Much worse...

And Dober Due...  That is not my dog...  I found that pic on the net and it always makes me smile, just hte way he is posing...
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Louise MacNeice

"For the last blossom is the first blossom
And the first blossom is the best blossom
And when from Eden we take our way
The morning after is the first day"

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Hell, I remember a day back in 96, got laid off/ fired (ok, yelling at the foreman 3 days earlier,"if you want the job done right, Fuck off and let me do it" is not a real career advancement move).
Came home and got served with divorce papers and court papers for a $25,000 debt at the same time.

Thats all in one day.

And I've had worse days than that, but I'm still here and I didn't all girly about them.

So  my point is, Shut up and Man up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sage advice.

Losing a job is nothing more than a minor setback...losing a woman is hardly worth the trouble to post about it.
Suicide is for punk-asses who don't have the guts to overcome adversity.
A measure of a man is what he does with his life, how far he goes up the ladder of success, and how many he brings along with him.

This Plus one more line...
Nothing cures a heartache like a wet dick.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 2:40:21 AM EDT
[#44]
just imagine all the warm summers left to live through. the trips to the desert in eastern WA to unload magazine after magazine into an old refridgerator you and your friends loaded up into your pickup. the fun you will have decorating for halloween, or even looking forward to making new aquaintances at a new work place. the camping trips and barbecues, going to the cinema sitting in the middle seat in the middle row seeing a great new preview of a movie you had no idea was being made. try thinking about your main hobbies or interests and look forward to them. helps me out when i'm feeling shitty.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#45]
put down your purse and walk it off Sally.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:55:06 AM EDT
[#46]
You're only as old as the woman your in... or something like that.

Go find an 18 year old fresh out of high school cheerleader and enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You're only as old as the woman your in... or something like that.

Go find an 18 year old fresh out of high school cheerleader and enjoy.

I'd get arrested

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Go hit them like a retard on a drum set.

Thanks man. LOL so hard I shot something out of my nose that I don't even remember eating.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#49]
So, who's troll account is this?

Posts Per Day:
Last Login Date:
6/8/2009 11:35:06 PM PDT
Last Post Date:
6/8/2009 11:36:58 PM PDT

The guy didn't stick around long enough to read any of the replies.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I still feel better for hearing it all...Don’t think my wife is leaving and I still have a job...But this recession is cutting into my drinking money...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top