Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 2:32:22 PM EDT
Just wanted to say Hi from Al Asad airbase,Iraq. Seems to be a pretty good forum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, you better go get the beer or there will be hell to pay
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Anyone serving is Iraq should be excused from beer. We owe him one.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds fine to me, more than one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcomes. When I get home, I'll bring the beer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed, welcome...when your back in town let us buy you a beer....
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
As beer is unavailable in Iraq, we'll let the beer thing slide this once.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
wow  even pcr  exused  the beer   ill have too watch this post
Welcome new  guy and thanks from all of us who could not serve.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your stay at Al Asad...I was there for a whole 18 hours once...what a shit hole!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
They've got lots and lots and lots and lots of near beer in Iraq.
You can even get it in the DFAC.

Be nice to your AFN & Radio guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call Jasonfin.  I second that motion.

Welcome new guy!  And thanks for servin!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll go one better how about a Team Membership on me as a thank you for your service

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#13]
We are glad to make your acquaintance.

Don't take things here to serious. For the most part these are good folks. One will be by shortly.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Bring the beer.  These drunken fucks will excuse the beer thing under the assumption that there is no beer in Iraq.  We have a WAHTF member called Matt45 who is over there right now, and in all his pictures he looks drunker then shit.  Red faced, watery eyes, squinting, and general tomfoolery.  So if he can be drunk, you can bring beer.   Or if you bump into Matt45 please take him to a meeting.  It could a Halafal of the month meeting, just tell him it is an AA meeting.  If he stands up at any point and introduces himself as an alcoholic then starts crying, take some pictures so we can make fun of him.

Now that we are talking about ammo keep your eyes open.  Bring some back with you.  It isn't really stealing because my tax dollars bought it, and I want to shoot it.  Bring a lot back.  If you can't get the ammo, get the brass.  Brass is currently going for $90-$110 per 1000 of 223/5.56.  

Stay safe.  Not sure how we can get that accomplished but if I was you I would put papers in for Afghanistan.  My personal belief is the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are like public buses in Chile or Argentina.  When one of those fully loaded buses goes off a cliff on those windy mountain roads and 180 people fall 2,000 feet to their death, you want to be riding in a bus after that because all the bus drivers take it easy.  Since there was some bullshit in Afghanistan last week, you want to be there.  When something happens in Iraq, transfer back.  The only way this doesn't work is if you are on one of the buses that goes off the cliff.  Can't help you there, maybe 1GUNRUNNER can because he is the brains of this retarded outfit.

Speaking of assholes.

Not much going on, we have had some dust-ups lately as people have sobered up, things mellowed out again as people got blitzed and more loving of their neighbors.  We lost a couple of people to banning, they are missed by a few, not by some, and mocked by all.

Other then that welcome and hope you make it back in one piece.  If you don't bring the beer you at least need to bring beef jerky.  If you can't get beef jerky you need to bring jam.  Raspberry preserves (preserves have the seeds).

And if anybody asks, yes you are a Fed.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We are glad to make your acquaintance.

Don't take things here to serious. For the most part these are good folks. One will be by shortly.

Thanks man!  That's the nicest thing you have said to me ever!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Be patient, it won't be long now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Good job G30, and welcome to the site kyleskaggs. Stay safe and be good at your job. WE buy the beer when you get back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just wanted to say Hi from Al Asad airbase,Iraq. Seems to be a pretty good forum.

Welcome. You out of Lewis, or is  Washington State your home of record?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Holy Jeebus.

I take a half a fucking night off from the loony bin, and just when certian entities think I'm not looking they try to tarnish my filthy fucking image. (That I have CAREFULLY cultivated over the years mind you.)

First off. Welcome Kyle. This is a pretty solid crew that has roots extending far past simply mingling online.

Be forwarned, before long you may end up meeting some of these assholes, and God forbid, our leader, you may just end up actually thinking for a few seconds that you might actually like a few of them, and then you'll think, "Yeah, these guys have my back"....but then, THEN(!), one day, during a moment of innattentiveness, you'll see they really fucking don't. They'll make serious base accusations, they shiv you in the fucking kidney, for little less than a couple of internets, and a chair. That's right....a fucking chair. Some assholes just can't get past the fact that YOU have a chair, let alone a fucking shitty sandbag wall next to that chair, a wall YOU didn't even have to build. Look, here's the "thing"... the accusations start flying, and next thing you know, it comes down to this. Some Former Jarhead will take his liberty with your "rep"...he'll make the most vile castigations and allegation that have EVER been flung on the intardweb. That's right...you know what I mean....YES. The polesmoking SOB will accuse you of being a fucking ALCOHOLIC who goes to fucking meetings. The Godamnmotherfuckingcumguzzlingassmunchingqueerlippedshit fully well fucking KNOWS YOUZ A BEERSWILLIN' BOURBAN QUAFFIN' IRISH SINGLE MALT SIPPIN SON OF GUN. (Or at least ought to.)(What's led me to this point you might ask? I'll tell ya. How the fuck else would I know how act at one of the so-called meetings if I'd never been to one???? Stand up introduce myself as an alcoholic....MY ACHING ASS.) Here's the best part!! None of these "other" Intardweb asspirates even bother to step up and assuage the anguish that this causes...OH No...they just sit back and laugh it up, safe, behind their little monitors in Fed Cubicle land.

Well I gots some news for them..fargin' iceholes.....Like they never heard of "Puke and Rally....

Here's muh chair, there's the wall, and looky looky what Matt45 has in HIS grubby fucking mitt???

A Fucking Beer.

Ignore the fact that "Beer" has varying alcohol content, it's all relevant...it's FUCKING BEER.

Now Rookie, time for semantics is OVER. Where's the Goddamn Beer?

(JAG Disclaimer: No actual S_L's were harmed in teh making of this post, just reasonable facsimilies thereof, more akin to the freindly burning of associates in effagy when they're not availible for first hand ball busting. Associated former freinds of Matt45 that didn't bother to throw the dirt back on his readily availible, but altered persona, were also not actually cruficied and putrefied, but a list is being made.Cocksuckers.)
See...even my JAG lawyers are pissed.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Holy Jeebus.

I take a half a fucking night off from the loony bin, and just when certian entities think I'm not looking they try to tarnish my filthy fucking image. (That I have CAREFULLY cultivated over the years mind you.)

First off. Welcome Kyle. This is a pretty solid crew that has roots extending far past simply mingling online.

Be forwarned, before long you may end up meeting some of these assholes, and God forbid, our leader, you may just end up actually thinking for a few seconds that you might actually like a few of them, and then you'll think, "Yeah, these guys have my back"....but then, THEN(!), one day, during a moment of innattentiveness, you'll see they really fucking don't. They'll make serious base accusations, they shiv you in the fucking kidney, for little less than a couple of internets, and a chair. That's right....a fucking chair. Some assholes just can't get past the fact that YOU have a chair, let alone a fucking shitty sandbag wall next to that chair, a wall YOU didn't even have to build. Look, here's the "thing"... the accusations start flying, and next thing you know, it comes down to this. Some Former Jarhead will take his liberty with your "rep"...he'll make the most vile castigations and allegation that have EVER been flung on the intardweb. That's right...you know what I mean....YES. The polesmoking SOB will accuse you of being a fucking ALCOHOLIC who goes to fucking meetings. The Godamnmotherfuckingcumguzzlingassmunchingqueerlippedshit fully well fucking KNOWS YOUZ A BEERSWILLIN' BOURBAN QUAFFIN' IRISH SINGLE MALT SIPPIN SON OF GUN. (Or at least ought to.)(What's led me to this point you might ask? I'll tell ya. How the fuck else would I know how act at one of the so-called meetings if I'd never been to one???? Stand up introduce myself as an alcoholic....MY ACHING ASS.) Here's the best part!! None of these "other" Intardweb asspirates even bother to step up and assuage the anguish that this causes...OH No...they just sit back and laugh it up, safe, behind their little monitors in Fed Cubicle land.
Well I gots some news for them..fargin' iceholes.....Like they never heard of "Puke and Rally....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/101_0014.jpg

Here's muh chair, there's the wall, and looky looky what Matt45 has in HIS grubby fucking mitt???

A Fucking Beer.
Ignore the fact that "Beer" has varying alcohol content, it's all relevant...it's FUCKING BEER.

(JAG Disclaimer: No actual S_L's were harmed in teh making of this post, just reasonable facsimilies thereof, more akin to the freindly burning of associates in effagy when they're not availible for first hand ball busting. Associated former freinds of Matt45 that didn't bother to throw the dirt back on his readily availible, but altered persona, were also not actually cruficied and putrefied, but a list is being made.Cocksuckers.)

That there is one cool mother fucker! Hes got a chair!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy Jeebus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/101_0014.jpg

A Fucking Beer.

That there is one cool mother fucker! Hes got a chair!

and he included his toes!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome!!!

Matt45 is an interesting character, as are most of us    The unifying fact is that all of us appreciate your service and wish you a safe return whereupon much beer may be consumed!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Matt, according to AR 670-10, that is not the proper Army PFTU (mandated by CENTCOM) you are wearing in that picture.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#26]
By the way new guy...what are the seating arrangements in AL Alsad airbase?

Do you sit:
On the ground
in a chair (and if so, what kind of chair)
On a helmet
or on a sand bag.

And is there a pool on the airbase?

And don't worry about Matt and his blood pressure (Or sentence structure).  He used to stuff a lot of anger and it wasn't doing him any good.  So the Doctors told him to let it all out.  And may I point out the last time I took a day off we lost Strat and Spyda.  So I'm like that guy in the TV show Lost that has to reset the clock.

And for you guys in the sandbox (When I was over there we didn't have sand, just rocks) don't ever forget you can get drunk of Listerine and Scope.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Not to be off topic, but I just got ass reamed cause I went to the shower trailer with an untucked PT shirt. I mean fuck I was wearing flip flops, and he had the nerve to bitch about an untucked shirt.. ...sorry the PTU thing reminded me of that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#29]
If only there were beer....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Welcome!

You ever fire an AR-15 type rifle?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Matt, according to AR 670-10, that is not the proper Army PFTU (mandated by CENTCOM) you are wearing in that picture.

Er, AR 670-1, Governs the wear and appearance of the UNIFORM. Since I ain't in a uniform, there isn't a reg the mandates my appearance. There is no reg, MNC-I or CENTCOM that actually spells out you must be in a service uniform at all times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Not to be off topic, but I just got ass reamed cause I went to the shower trailer with an untucked PT shirt. I mean fuck I was wearing flip flops, and he had the nerve to bitch about an untucked shirt..
...sorry the PTU thing reminded me of that.

CSM, SGM, and other admin types have to do something to earn that Bronze Star.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Not to be off topic, but I just got ass reamed cause I went to the shower trailer with an untucked PT shirt. I mean fuck I was wearing flip flops, and he had the nerve to bitch about an untucked shirt.. ...sorry the PTU thing reminded me of that.

CSM, SGM, and other admin types have to do something to earn that Bronze Star.

Don't even get me started about officers and those Bronze stars...Makes me sick that a listing of who received a Bronze award, a PFC will have equal billing as a Lt Colonel when you know the PFC was died doing domething heroical while some Lt Colonel got his for not having any troops rape a chick on a liberty call...

It is fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#36]
welcome Kyle!
play safe in the sand...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top