Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Not everyone spends their time in 'rock pits', champ.

Well please tell where all the "contenders" are shooting these days?
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
What? No one mentioned Wiley-X or Oakley gloves..wtf? How can you be uber-tactical without them???
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What? No one mentioned Wiley-X or Oakley gloves..wtf? How can you be uber-tactical without them???

Waaay too expensive. $25  for gloves makes you a gear geek, $90 makes you a full fledged mall ninja.

As far as where I shoot, I go to that cliff on mt. pilchuck road off of Mt. Loop. It's dark green and brown there so it just makes sense to have brown gloves.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"For those who do, no explination is necessary, for those who don't, no explination is possible."

You are right, you will never explain to me why color matching for shooting in a rockpit is necessary.

Necessary?  Necessity? you bring up necessity?  Why is it necessary to have a gun? Any gun?  Your gun, my gun, they are not "necessary".  Hell, we can all just go buy meat at the store (no necessity for your guns) and the police are here to protect us all (no need for my guns), so tell me why again we have them?  Or why do you have a truck with a powerful engine that makes it go faster then the speed limit, or a lift kit and big tires as there really is no "need" to go places that require them.

Hell, you have no necessity for most of the stuff you own, or the large home you store it in, so why not move into a one bedroom condo in the city somewhere and live only with the things you "NEED", not what you "WANT".
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

God, I love this place, just when I thought my day could not possibly get any better, I stumbled into this thread.

Classic.

Thank You baby Jesus.

It's easy to be the critic.  No work or effort involved.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

because for some of us, it's about what actually works, not about looking "cool" or being able to say we have all the newest uber cool, ninja gear.....

I personally could give two shits that my gloves are black and don't match my LBE.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Waaay too expensive. $25  for gloves makes you a gear geek, $90 makes you a full fledged mall ninja.

$90 for gloves makes you a gear whore.

$25 for gloves just makes you gear curious.....

Considering that gloves are the one piece of gear that wear out the quickest, it makes no sense to spend $40 on a pair of gloves that won't last any longer then a $15 or $20 dollar pair of gloves.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as where I shoot, I go to that cliff on mt. pilchuck road off of Mt. Loop. It's dark green and brown there so it just makes sense to have brown gloves.
I get mine from Uncle Sam.....So I use what Im issued, as well as my Oakley Protective eyewear..
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What about getting $120 gloves for $20?

What about $200 pants? (Link is Team members only)
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about $200 pants? (Link is Team members only)

$200 jeans

and spooged on by a punt dog.

Canine money shot.

Not something i'd talk about on an internet board....
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

because for some of us, it's about what actually works, not about looking "cool" or being able to say we have all the newest uber cool, ninja gear.....

I personally could give two shits that my gloves are black and don't match my LBE.

I don't care if the colors 'match' either... I just personally don't like black, for anything.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't care if the colors 'match' either... I just personally don't like black, for anything.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

I meant gear! Gear dammit! At least my name isn't 'WHITEPWR'!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 for mechanix gloves.  9 out of 10 troglodytes agree: for black rifle shoots or just stuff in general, get Mechanix.

I'll throw in that I got some $10 welder's gloves a while back.  They have longer gauntlet that extends out to about mid-forearm & are initially stiff, though comfortable once broken in, but protect exceptionally well & they last.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm.. that's not black gloves you're wearing.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Anschutz or Gehmann.

You asked....

SRM
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God, I love this place, just when I thought my day could not possibly get any better, I stumbled into this thread.

Classic.

Thank You baby Jesus.

It's easy to be the critic.  No work or effort involved.

again, thanks for the entertainment. Watching you defending every goofy post you make, is pure comedy gold. You should take this shit to Saturday Night Live.

I am sure the response will be priceless also.........
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top