Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:37:49 PM EDT
My first project... to assemble a M1 Garand...

All but three parts...

My first try at parkerizing

trigger group

Now wait until the fun show to get the last parts...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff tackling that project.  I get so sick of the "no user serviceable parts" attitude of most folks these days.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice work, this is a tag to see the finished product later. Is this a restore of a complete rifle or  a build?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice work, this is a tag to see the finished product later. Is this a restore of a complete rifle or  a build?

I am putting this one together from parts. Got the reciever from the CMP the barrel from the trading board on the CMP forum (MW and TE both under 1 1/2) and the rest of the parts form DuPage in AZ. I am missing 2 parts to finish the rifle. I am hoping to get them at this fun show this weekend.

The two parts I am missing are... 1, the op rod catch pin and 2, the rear handgaurd. As soon as I get a spare 100 bucks I am going to spring for a new stock. I am thining that this will turn out nice and I will want a nice matching stock.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea what people to to refinish the gas cylinder. I thought I would try Barbecue paint. I think it looks OK but I don't know how it will wear...

I slid the front hand guard and the gas cylinder on the barrel to see how it would look

I hope that I can get the two parts I need at the fun show tomorrow and I can put this together!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top