Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:04:11 PM EDT
Cool CGI....

The guys at Oly Arms will have to quickly evacuate to Olympia and apply for unemployment.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, y'all are doomed, but us Sno County guys will have some good pickin's.

I hope they add an extra freeway or two when they pave over the mudflows.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I recorded that to the computer last time they ran it, One Of These Days I'll edit it and record it to DVD, and give copies as Christmas presents...
Here a link to the USGS web page on Mt. Rainier -- Learning to Live With Volcanoes
Maybe we won't look at homes in Bonney Lake after all...
Then again, Kent is technically in the Danger Zone, and we are up on West Hill, safer than many in Renton or Seattle.  Need to find that link to the FEMA Hazard Map...
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It needs to hurry up and blow already......
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
They out to do a show of what I did in the bathroom this morning.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I made Tuna Fish with those Jalapinos, Tabasco mayo, and Pepper Jack cheese...

My Farts were so bad, that the kids made me go outside and mow the lawn. I have to work at the Fire Station tonight, and Im almost scared to see how this is going to turn out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Farts were so bad, that the kids made me go outside and mow the lawn. I have to work at the Fire Station tonight, and Im almost scared to see how this is going to turn out.

They'll have you riding on the back of the ladder truck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I may just have to go use the toilet at the police station.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First ever jet powered ladder truck???  

On the thread subject.. I saw the Rainier thing on History last week.  Pretty interesting show.  Missed the last 15 minutes or so where they do the sim of what it would be like.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
On the thread subject.. blah...blah...blah...

You really need to work on your Hi-Jack skills.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the thread subject.. I saw the Rainier thing on History last week.  Pretty interesting show.  Missed the last 15 minutes or so where they do the sim of what it would be like.

Think mud. Lot's of it. Moving fast.

We would have the first Post Apocalypse Gunshow at Monroe.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think mud. Lot's of it. Moving fast.

We would have the first Post Apocalypse Gunshow at Monroe.

We'll that's an image of R-32's post jalapeno tuna adventure I really didn't need.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
How can it be on the HISTORY channel if it hasn't happened yet? That channel used to be great until they started with all the UFO and Da Vinci code crap, now mega disasters. They are getting as bad as the discovery channel with it's alternate world junk. well off to the military channel and Battlestar Galactica where only the real admirals cry.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How can it be on the HISTORY channel if it hasn't happened yet? That channel used to be great until they started with all the UFO and Da Vinci code crap, now mega disasters. They are getting as bad as the discovery channel with it's alternate world junk. well off to the military channel and Battlestar Galactica where only the real admirals cry.

They simply went looking for all the mudflows from the last eruption and pointed out that there are seven towns built on top of the lahars. Then they did a CGI simulation of the last eruption along the same paths.

Instant MegaDisaster.

They showed a lot of historical footage of Mt. St. Helens for visual effects.

Based on the historical data, they predicted a bunch of people will get dead and our traffic problems will be temporarily reduced.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Based on the historical data, they predicted a bunch of people will get dead and our traffic problems will be temporarily reduced.

Well then what the hell is it waiting for then.   What can we do to get this show on the road.   Unfortunately even at the best worst eruption scenario it will take only a few years of Californians will bump the numbers back up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]
This is weird.

I made HOT TUNA for sandwiches just yesterday.

Today, I was home on a split shift and sat down to eat a 'sammich' and watched that show about Mount Rainier...

Now, all I have to do is wait to 'make mud'...!

( I shoulda known other ARFCOM people would eat Hot Tuna   )
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you locked yet?

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
( I shoulda known other ARFCOM people would eat Hot Tuna   )

Make it to an LCR and I will make your tuna hot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you locked yet?

Now see what I went and started?!?!?!

Lucky Ed found it first, or half of the WHTF would be gone!....

I blame Bigscrun..

Link Posted: 6/20/2007 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I will be in the happy high ground cut off from the rest of the world. Lahar should miss my house but keep me from getting to work.

I am going to prepare myself for this disaster by painting "alive inside" on my roof and start window shopping for stuff I would like to have but not pay for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top