Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 8:21:46 PM EDT
I came home to a GIANT RAT on my squirrel feeder.... and NO PELLETS.

Out of desperation I shot my 22lr Derringer at him and missed.  That Derringer was a lot louder in the neighborhood than at the range.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Much the same problem here in Monroe with racoons. Can't shoot the guns so I got a slingshot! I have heard about subsonic 22 rounds.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes me wonder how many "scenarios" I'm not exactly prepared for.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Much the same problem here in Monroe with racoons. Can't shoot the guns so I got a slingshot! I have heard about subsonic 22 rounds.....

You need to talk to someone...
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll wait until the 4th of July and blast it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Out of desperation I shot my 22lr Derringer at him and missed.  That Derringer was a lot louder in the neighborhood than at the range.

You uhhhhh, well.......you're kind of a dork, eh?

Geez...better uck next time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You uhhhhh, well.......you're kind of a dork, eh?

Geez...better uck next time.

Dork, no.  Ridiculous yes.

I've never target practiced with this 1.5 inch "varminter".
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe next time... I'll let the little bastard have it.

When the sheriff shows up, I'll tell him I'm on 5 acres and I had a good back stop.  I have 2.6 acres, ...he won't know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe next time... I'll let the little bastard have it.

When the sheriff shows up, I'll tell him I'm on 5 acres and I had a good back stop.  I have 2.6 acres, ...he won't know.

Just tell him you're using Radaway Green ammo, or beeter yet...tell 'em you've fitted the rifle with a .223 sub-cal device

Dazzle 'em with brilliance or baffle 'em with Bullshit!

And, yeah....Ridiculous is what I meant.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Maybe he will.  The deputies in my county can get all kinds of property information on their mobile data terminals, including property line maps.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he will.  The deputies in my county can get all kinds of property information on their mobile data terminals, including property line maps.

hell, I get them in the Telemarket Center I can get measurements of your property down to the foot, and GPS coord'd of anything I put my mouse on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]
too damned bad we can't have use silencers here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
too damned bad we can't have use silencers here.

Take a 12 gauge to the little vermin, then call the cops yourself saying that you heard gunfire in the neighborhood. if you don't leave the empties (and carcasses) laying around they won't know where the shot came from. I won't say I've ever done this before, but I know for a fact that it does work!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#13]
He just showed up again....

This time I had more appropriate ammo (pellets).

Not sure if I killed him, but he went flying off a stump through the air like he'd been hit by an IED.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When we lived in Sultan I had a Taurus .22 revolver loaded with Aguila Colbris  for shooting in the backyard. One night the dog was freaking out so I grabbed the Taurus and a Surefire M6. Lit the dog up with the Surefire and he was at the end of his lead and about 2 feet away out of his reach was a racoon on its hind legs pawing at the dogs face. The racoon turned and started running towards the woods and I fired 7 shots at it with the Taurus. Pretty sure I missed but I let the dog off his lead anyhow and went back to bed. Wife asks me if I saw anything,
I fired 7 shots rapid fire from a 4" revolver at 2am or so and the person awake 15 feet away on the other side of a 2x4 wall (tract homes in Sultan are POS) wasnt sure if I saw anything let alone fired a pistol, if that isnt a ringing endorsement of how quiet the Colbris are Im not sure what it would take.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if that isnt a ringing endorsement of how quiet the Colbris are Im not sure what it would take.

Yup, those things are great!  I used to shoot at cans with them and the bullet hitting the can was the loudest part about shooting them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top