Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 10:39:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Since this is Microsoft land, I figure one of you tech-heads will know how to do this.

I get powerpoint files in emails from time to time, and some of the images in them are pretty cool.

Is there a way to seperate the images out of the file and use them as wallpapers or as part of my screensaver slideshow?

I've been viewing the .pps files useing MSs Powerpoint Viewer, and I have an older copy of Powerpoint97 around somewhere that I can load if needed.

Any thoughts?

You'll need an actual Powerpoint editor in order to strip those pics out of the presentation.  97 MIGHT work....if not, I know a place in UP that you can pick up a more recent copy of powerpoint

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats that thar picture box ya got boy?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll see what I can come up with.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Go here first and grab Powerpoint Viewer 2003.

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=428d5727-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en

Once installed open it and accept the license.

From your email client you want to save the powerpoint slide show to your hard drive somewhere.

Then using powerpoint viewer open it.

When it's open browse to the picture you want to save.  Once there hit your print screen button.

Then with the slide still open you need to open MS Paint or any other graphic program you have installed.

Once opened use the paste command within that appication to paste a copy of that photo.  Then save it as anything you wish.

Then when you open that new file you'll have the option to set it as your wallpaper.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]
You can upload them to a free service like this one and have them easily accessible from anywhere.

E-Snips
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You can upload them to a free service like this one and have them easily accessible from anywhere.

E-Snips

Thanks. I've got my own server space reserved with my ISP, that's pretty handy to use. (I just go to a web page that shows my files and folders, and drag and drop whatever I want on there from my desktop.... always wondered why more folks don't use this part of their ISP account...? no log-on required, no ftp code to know, etc..) But I figured why upload it when it doesn't need to get anywhere but home...

I'll throw them on a CD tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

I only use free services for things that I don't want linked back to my personal storage space.  

Things that are questionable like software and other things.  Not that I would have questionable software or anything.  

That's what makes those free services so good as far as I'm concerned.  They give you decent amounts of space and could care less what you use it for.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like you saved them as bitmaps... bitmaps are great for texture maps...

But for ordinary pictures.. jpeg works best, makes them nice and small...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=428d5727-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en

From your email client you want to save the powerpoint slide show to your hard drive somewhere.

When it's open browse to the picture you want to save.  Once there hit your print screen button.

Then with the slide still open you need to open MS Paint or any other graphic program you have installed.

Once opened use the paste command within that appication to paste a copy of that photo.  Then save it as anything you wish.

Then when you open that new file you'll have the option to set it as your wallpaper.

OK... I have one also.  How do I extract a music file?   Some of those PPS come with some cool musics but I cannot extract them into WAV or, even better MP3.    Any way to do so?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK... I have one also.  How do I extract a music file?   Some of those PPS come with some cool musics but I cannot extract them into WAV or, even better MP3.    Any way to do so?  

Try this:

1. Open PowerPoint
2. Open your PPS file
3. Click "file", "Save as", change the Save as file type dropdown to "Web
Page".

It should create a subfolder with any wav files that it contains.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try this:

1. Open PowerPoint
2. Open your PPS file
3. Click "file", "Save as", change the Save as file type dropdown to "Web
Page".

It should create a subfolder with any wav files that it contains.

Cool!  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Anytime.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Works like a charm!

Does that mean that PCR was, wrong?!?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Works like a charm!

Does that mean that PCR was, wrong?!?  

He did his duty, by reminding us that if you don't like the first answer to a question, look or wait for another.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top