BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If the governmentment truly held to a strict separation between Church and state policy, they would tax Churchs exactly like every other property and be completely blind to to the activities that go on inside, it is flat wrong to give tax breaks (thus making others take up the financial slack) to anyone on the grounds of religion.

Im gonna have to agree with you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But Churchs also use their so called donations to influence politics and get their agenda forward'd.

That is an exersize in free speech, which I have no problem with, but they can also show it on a tax return, just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But Churchs also use their so called donations to influence politics and get their agenda forward'd.

That is an exersize in free speach, which I have no problem with, but they can also show it on a tax return, just like the rest of us.

Yep, no free lunchs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All church property needs to be tax'd, when its not(as in removed from the tax base), WE make up the difference.

really?...what is the difference?......are you saying that the government has a set amount that they must collect every quarter?......and that the ups and downs of the economy has no bearing on the amount of tax revenue?.........say...you made 50k last year, now according to your fair share b.s. you owe on 50k  this year....so what if you only made 35k.

Is this the gist of what you are saying?.....or are you just plain clueless on how this kind of thing works?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What I believe Strat is saying, is that based on the US Constitution and the words of our founding fathers whom he quotes.
Is that we need an armed populace (militia) to keep out government honest as was intended buy our founding fathers when the United States was born.
And to have a force to fight back should the United States go the way of Nazi Germany , Yugoslavia or any government that would take away the rights of it's citizens.
IE: Britain & Australia taking away it's citizen's guns.

The other group says, fight my government and I will kill you for sedition.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All church property needs to be tax'd, when its not(as in removed from the tax base), WE make up the difference.

really?...what is the difference?......are you saying that the government has a set amount that they must collect every quarter?......and that the ups and downs of the economy has no bearing on the amount of tax revenue?.........say...you made 50k last year, now according to your fair share b.s. you owe on 50k  this year....so what if you only made 35k.

Is this the gist of what you are saying?.....or are you just plain clueless on how this kind of thing works?

He's not clueless, but he's talking about property taxes.  The amount of money any taxing district can collect is set each year and can't go up more than 1 percent unless there is a vote.  When a Church (or School District) buys property, it is removed from the tax rolls and the tax for which that property was responsible is redistributed amongst the remaining properties in the district.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The law is the law, neither state or Fed constitutions are carved in stone. They are living documents subject to change over time.

The Constitution is over 200 years old and societies change. It has to change with society, like a living organism, or it will become brittle and break. But you would have to be an idiot to believe that." —Justice Antonin Scalia

The Supreme Court has ruled you to be an idiot, 161Infantry.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been for the most part staying out of this shit because I believe it to be a waste of my time to argue with people I have no hope of persuading. Like the saying goes, fighting on the internet is like the special olympics--you're a loser no matter what. I believe some progress may be gained by making a few salient points in reply to this specific quote.

the law is made by those placed into power by a majority of the people. If you have a problem with that, you dont believe in power of the people. How can you believe in the constitution, if you dont believe in the rule of law and the majority? The law is the law, neither state or Fed constitutions are carved in stone. They are living documents subject to change over time.IF you are asking about lawful and unlawful orders, that is something that has to be decided if and when the order is given.

"Power of the people" is a communist slogan. It has no role in a Constitutional Republic, which America supposedly is. The purpose of the state and federal constitutions is, ostensibly, to protect the rights of the individual against abuse by others, be they fellow Americans or foreigners. The whole purpose of having a constitution is to hinder the majority's efforts to institutionalize injustice. Unfortunately, due to numerous factors, the constitutions are not accomplishing that as well as one would hope. The constitutions are the supreme law of the land--statutory law can never supercede constitutional law.

Constitutions are NOT living documents, you can NOT change what they mean on a whim. They outline how changes can be made if necessary, but it does not merely require a simple majority of the population. To amend (change for those of you without the benefits of private education) the uSA constitution, it takes 3/4 of state legislatures (or state conventions) and 2/3 of each house of congress. Here is a link to the process for Washington state: www.courts.wa.gov/education/constitution/index.cfm?fa=education_constitution.display&displayid=Article-23

Perhaps you should have followed your advice and stayed out of it. Some people simply dont have a sense of humor or can look at themselves critically. Give them something to chew on and sometimes they go mad with rage, this shows in the posts. I like arguement, in this dialoge you get to see how the other side believes. Many times I will post something simply to start a dialoge, whether I believe in it or not. Some on here need to take a chill pill, they cannot seem to handle the hard questions.

Like Your friend!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not smart enough, nor do I have enough patience, to try to seek out this problem on a case by case basis, but I can clearly see that both of the major parties in our country will do anything to maintain the two party system, and have no difficulty pointing fingers across the aisle to affix blame for our problems to distract us from the fact that our problems are clearly much more complicated than a simple index finger of blame can fix.

My sentiments exactly. Politicians always win the elections. The rest of us just pay for the show.

I think your statement is right on target. But we get to pay more for less.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I asked you guys to take it elsewhere. Maybe you tried, and it didn't work. Try again.Can you please provide a list of topics that are ok to post in here then?  And the ones that are VERBOTTEN we will try to not discuss, dont want to enrage the establishment.

The rest of the world keeps spinning, and some of you want to ignore it while you compare historical trivia to imaginary what-if scenarios. There's better ways to spend your Saturdays gentlemen, IMHO.

You are so right, but I'm stuck at the office this half way decent day, so I'll take a stab at it.

I have recently learned to have enough respect for those on both sides of the issue, and those in the WAHTF to sit back, relax, post less or not at all when it gets heated, and try to ask more questions to try to draw out what someone really means in regard to this kind of emotional or philosophical issue.  I hope this becoming obvious.  Like others here, I am truly bored with the quotes from Strat.  I would really like to hear what he has to say.  He says very little, in the long run, that wasn't said before by many well spoken and brilliant minds.  He wants to hang his hat on those quotes, but many of us want to have a conversation.  BTW, I don't expect him to change to please me, I don't expect that from anyone.

Second, as far as "verboten" topics, well, that is where you refer to the ARFCOM CoC, and our own ability to realize when something is in a death spiral, and it's time to get off.  My boss reminded me a couple of days ago you can't hear anything when your shouting.  If everyone is shouting, they'll never hear you.

We'll figure out a balance of sorts, then some new foks will join and start jumping in, just like I did not too long ago, and it might all go to hell in a handbasket again, and the cycle may repeat.

Thanks for listening.

Thank you for speaking.  Here is a big +1 for ya.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

True but so does the union I have to belong to. and I have no choice in that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're about as pinheaded as Unicorn, reading what YOU want to, in mine, and simular viewpoint responses.As you have done with my statements

Get over it.

It's my opinion, which I can share and do so without calling others names or mocking their beliefs.
Strat has beliefs, you have beliefs. At least Strat has been respectful.
Get over it.

YOU get over it! (I'd usually proceed with the rubber/glue gambit here, but I'm trying to keep this brief, so I'll just say-)

You're not the Boss of ME!

Keep walking that rigid lockstep, and I'll shake you up everytime.

Strat- I haven't forgot about you, life has temporarily interfered with my time- I promise, new thread, new arguments, new challenges. (Just like a new season of American Chopper!!)

(That must make me Paul Sr, you Jr....and Da_Bunny as Mikey??? Hell, might as well let 161 be Vinnie)

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to be clear, as far as donations and charity goes regarding churches and their accounting, I am refering to how the church uses their donations, not what the churches donors or congregants might think is happening to it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry gwitness, but is you who does not understand the basic mathematical formula here, it breaks down like this.
X dollars will be collected from X amount of properties.
When someone turns a building into a Mosque it is then no longer taxed, therefore the X dollars will be collected from fewer properties thus more dollars from each of the remaining properties.

So the question is, are you OK with paying higher property taxes to support your local Mosque?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#15]
bull...Your taxes are NOT upped because someone elses taxes are lowered...tax increases are perennial anyway...gonna happen whether a church gets taxed or not.

Again.......If your property taxes decrease from 250k to 200k assesed value, does your tax burden increase or decrease?....or by following some of the logic here.....that new church down the street from you is not paying property taxes..does your property tax increase or decrease?

As far as a building on the tax rolls, taken off the tax rolls....there is not going to be an increase, based on the fact that a building has been taken off the rolls.  There are other factors involved....none of them being the result of a church not paying property taxes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're about as pinheaded as Unicorn, reading what YOU want to, in mine, and simular viewpoint responses.

Get over it.

What the fuck are you talking about?  All I wrote was that you are one that keeps responding to Strat and his paranoid delusions.  How is that reading into what you wrote in any way?  Or are you talking about a different thread where I was just being a smart ass and talking both your and Strat's viewpoints to an extreme?  A bit thickheaded are we, and missing the not so subtle sarcasm?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're about as pinheaded as Unicorn, reading what YOU want to, in mine, and simular viewpoint responses.As you have done with my statements

Get over it.

It's my opinion, which I can share and do so without calling others names or mocking their beliefs.
Strat has beliefs, you have beliefs. At least Strat has been respectful.
Get over it.

YOU get over it! (I'd usually proceed with the rubber/glue gambit here, but I'm trying to keep this brief, so I'll just say-)

You're not the Boss of ME!

Strat- I haven't forgot about you, life has temporarily interfered with my time- I promise, new thread, new arguments, new challenges. (Just like a new season of American Chopper!!)

(That must make me Paul Sr, you Jr....and Da_Bunny as Mikey??? Hell, might as well let 161 be Vinnie)

Now you're argueing with yourself!!
"Get over it" are your words!!!
And nobody has posted anything stating or implying they're your boss.
But at least others have respectfully shared their opinions without name calling.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#18]
must resist.....

...Can't stop it...
...OMFG.......
...Gaaaaaa....
....Unnnngggggg......
BAM!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're about as pinheaded as Unicorn, reading what YOU want to, in mine, and simular viewpoint responses.

Get over it.

What the fuck are you talking about?  All I wrote was that you are one that keeps responding to Strat and his paranoid delusions.  How is that reading into what you wrote in any way?  Or are you talking about a different thread where I was just being a smart ass and talking both your and Strat's viewpoints to an extreme?  A bit thickheaded are we, and missing the not so subtle sarcasm?

At ease , Buck Sgt.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At ease , Buck Sgt.

No shit.

In this medium, where you cannot hear the subtle nuances and inflection of someone's voice as they are speaking, or see the expression on their face to better understand what they mean, some things, like sarcasm, have to be identified.  That is why the invention of emoticons has been so helpful to this medium of communication.  Learn to use them, and learn to chill out.  Stop taking things personally from someone you haven't, and may never, meet face to face.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to be clear, as far as donations and charity goes regarding churches and their accounting, I am refering to how the church uses their donations, not what the churches donors or congregants might think is happening to it.

Absolutely.  The church are real donations generally given freely.  I have no chose it's just taken from my check and sent to some PAC. and no it's not dues.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely.  The church are real donations generally given freely.  I have no chose it's just taken from my check and sent to some PAC. and no it's not dues.

Unless your Mormon and you tithe and then its dues, try not paying the church and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless your Mormon and you tithe and then its dues, try not paying the church and see what happens.

I think you may have missed my point. This money that is taken out of my check is separate from my dues. This money goes to Pac's. I do not agree with.

I've known some Mormons, not fond of how they do some things, but this being America and all. I have the freedom not to worship as a Mormon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I did'nt log onto the computer all weekend.  I spent the whole weekend training with Master Conrad Manaois and several of his senior instructors.  Trained alot on knife vs knife and knife vs empty hand besides the regular Filipino stick applications and full contact stick sparring.  Even passed my Bagong Pasok ranking Friday.  My point? Strat and all your flunkies, you guys need a life outside of AR15.com. Turn off yur computer, let someone else fight the oppresive regime here in Washington for a couple days, and get some exercise.  Remember you cant win your fight against the opperssors of democracy if your an overweight out of shape fat ass.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I did'nt log onto the computer all weekend.  I spent the whole weekend training with Master Conrad Manaois and several of his senior instructors.  Trained alot on knife vs knife and knife vs empty hand besides the regular Filipino stick applications and full contact stick sparring.  Even passed my Bagong Pasok ranking Friday.  My point? Strat and all your flunkies, you guys need a life outside of AR15.com. Turn off yur computer, let someone else fight the oppresive regime here in Washington for a couple days, and get some exercise.  Remember you cant win your fight against the opperssors of democracy if your an overweight out of shape fat ass.  

I don't think he was here today. Maybe he was trianning
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
My advice is for you too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Glad you had fun. I spent the weekend working the Olympic Arms table at the Puyallup gunshow and building up rifles.

I got as much exercise as I could stand the pain for.

I wish I could still break horses, hike the mountains and train in Kung-Fu, but those days are gone, the bone sockets are just worn out. I loved stick fighting, back in the day. I still practise the strikes and combinations I developed to keep some defensive skills sharp in case I run out of ammo and have to pull out the Cold Steel Trail Master.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At ease , Buck Sgt.

No shit.

In this medium, where you cannot hear the subtle nuances and inflection of someone's voice as they are speaking, or see the expression on their face to better understand what they mean, some things, like sarcasm, have to be identified.  That is why the invention of emoticons has been so helpful to this medium of communication.  Learn to use them, and learn to chill out.  Stop taking things personally from someone you haven't, and may never, meet face to face.

1: If he was talking about this thread, then it still makes aboslutely no sense what so ever.
2: If he meant the other thread, then IMO it was so bloody obvious that it was a farce, (although I am willing to admit that with the amount of extreme viewpoints, it might have gotten a bit confused) that emoticons wouldn't be needed.
3: I actually have a fairly decent chance of meeting Matt45, not as if that has anything at all to do with this.

and, you're going to bother telling me to calm down, when I'm not in either of the groups that has gotten, what, 5 threads locked?
And that also means that you're assuming (and of course you know what that means <- Happy now? ) that I'm upset about something.

161Infantry,
I thought you were just a buck as well.  Must have missed seeing that rocker as it was blocked by your inbox.  Pogue
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At ease , Buck Sgt.

No shit.

1: If he was talking about this thread, then it still makes aboslutely no sense what so ever.
2: If he meant the other thread, then IMO it was so bloody obvious that it was a farce, (although I am willing to admit that with the amount of extreme viewpoints, it might have gotten a bit confused) that emoticons wouldn't be needed.
3: I actually have a fairly decent chance of meeting Matt45, not as if that has anything at all to do with this.

and, you're going to bother telling me to calm down, when I'm not in either of the groups that has gotten, what, 5 threads locked?
And that also means that you're assuming (and of course you know what that means <- Happy now? ) that I'm upset about something.

161Infantry,
I thought you were just a buck as well.  Must have missed seeing that rocker as it was blocked by your inbox.  Pogue

Im a SSG, so assume the front leaning rest till I get tired. Poge?? Im a Bradley Section leader(insert 11B here)Last I looked you didnt get a CIB for cooling your heels south of NAVSTAR, REMF![}:D]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The tone of your posts started to change, that's all.  Try to keep it friendly, the emoticons can help clarify your meaning.  That's all.  Sorry you tried to read so much more into it.

See the first sentence of my sig line so you know where I stand overall.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At ease , Buck Sgt.

No shit.

161Infantry,

Im a SSG, so assume the front leaning rest till I get tired. Poge?? Im a Bradley Section leader(insert 11B here)Last I looked you didnt get a CIB for cooling your heels south of NAVSTAR, REMF![}:D]

Will do, am there now I'll have to stop for surgery though, hope you're tired by then.  You're just jealous that I had a queen sized bed with sattelite tv.  And a water cooler at our gate.  And the Starbucks.  That ruled.  And a few cute AF SF chicks.

Unfortunately I didn't get any way in how the units were scattered.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Will do, am there now I'll have to stop for surgery though, hope you're tired by then.  You're just jealous that I had a queen sized bed with sattelite tv.  And a water cooler at our gate.  And the Starbucks.  That ruled.  And a few cute AF SF chicks.

WTF? Why didn't you say so? Let me pack a bag....
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They wont take your FAT ASS
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Haji F's up everything he put his hands on. I knew Iraq was in trouble when they could'nt even get a Starbucks Venti Mocha right.  Of course the only time I got to have one was on my way out of Doha on leave.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They wont take your FAT ASS

HA! Look who's talking!

Torakan, they couldn't pay you enough to endure that. No Mocha!!! Didn't they have a Stryker drive-up window? Was it off limits?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
My advice is for you too.

Oh, I'll be out a lot the next 3 weekends! Lots of things comming up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Haji F's up everything he put his hands on. I knew Iraq was in trouble when they could'nt even get a Starbucks Venti Mocha right.  Of course the only time I got to have one was on my way out of Doha on leave.

Ours had an Indian manager, and I think the other guy that worked there was Filipino.

And looking at some pictures, the cuteness/hotness of the chicks isn't quite what I remembered it to be.  The one SRA probably was, but the rest...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top