Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:42:50 PM EDT

I picked up a Taurus PT-145 this eveing. I shot 100 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly.
Here's a neat write up on it. http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT145.htm
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I picked up a Taurus PT-145 this eveing. I shot 100 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly.
Here's a neat write up on it. www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT145.htm

Your lack of Board-Fu is disturbing.....

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Your lack of Board-Fu is disturbing.....

I don't know how to fix it!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's a neat write up on it. http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT145.htm

I picked one of those up for my wife, she loves it!  I also picked up the PT 24/7 45... even better, course its a little larger, but it is nice gun.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanted a small concealable handgun with some knock down power. I have a Glock 20 that I really like. The 10mm round is a very serious bullet. I was thinking about getting a Glock 29 which would be a concealble companion to the G20 and it would use the same ammo which is a plus. The problem is that the Glock 29 was too damn small for my hand. As much as I wanted it, it just wouldn't fit. I have a Kimber Ultra II that is a compact, concealable POS. The problem is that Kimbers are way over rated and this one had problems right out of the box. After 3 trips to the factory they finally fixed it right but in spite of that it still doesn't fit me right either plus I'm not particularly fond of the 1911's. My SIG P220 is a great gun but too fucking big. It has been replaced by my Glock 20, another big gun but with more whallop! I still needed a small .45 and the Glock 30 was also too damn small and didn't fit right. It's basically identical to the Glock 29 except for caliber. I saw the Taurus P145 on the shelf at Sam's and I thought WTF I'll just take a look at it for grins. I wasn't really thinking about buying a gun at that time. It was just one of those things. As soon as I put it in my hand it felt good and I had to get the damn thing. Plus the price was only $339 (NIB). After paying off the governor it cost me about $360 and some change. Like I said, I fired 100 rounds through it right out of the box and it never skipped a beat. My Kimber shit all over me right out of the box and kept shitting on me for several times until I got it fixed right. All I can say is that it has been a hell of an odessy or journey to finally figure out what kind of firearm I'm gonn'a live with for a long time. I think I'm finally there!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Taurus makes very nice stuff.  I had a PT58 that I really miss.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I wanted a small concealable handgun with some knock down power. I have a Glock 20 that I really like. The 10mm round is a very serious bullet. I was thinking about getting a Glock 29 which would be a concealble companion to the G20 and it would use the same ammo which is a plus. The problem is that the Glock 29 was too damn small for my hand. As much as I wanted it, it just wouldn't fit. I have a Kimber Ultra II that is a compact, concealable POS. The problem is that Kimbers are way over rated and this one had problems right out of the box. After 3 trips to the factory they finally fixed it right but in spite of that it still doesn't fit me right either plus I'm not particularly fond of the 1911's. My SIG P220 is a great gun but too fucking big. It has been replaced by my Glock 20, another big gun but with more whallop! I still needed a small .45 and the Glock 30 was also too damn small and didn't fit right. It's basically identical to the Glock 29 except for caliber. I saw the Taurus P145 on the shelf at Sam's and I thought WTF I'll just take a look at it for grins. I wasn't really thinking about buying a gun at that time. It was just one of those things. As soon as I put it in my hand it felt good and I had to get the damn thing. Plus the price was only $339 (NIB). After paying off the governor it cost me about $360 and some change. Like I said, I fired 100 rounds through it right out of the box and it never skipped a beat. My Kimber shit all over me right out of the box and kept shitting on me for several times until I got it fixed right. All I can say is that it has been a hell of an odessy or journey to finally figure out what kind of firearm I'm gonn'a live with for a long time. I think I'm finally there!

Well like I was saying I several folks that have that tarus and all of them love it... I was going to buy it for my self and fell in love with the PT 24/7... Next time were out shooting ask me to try it, you'll like it! lol  I had already bought the wife a tarus hammerless 38 which she also loves, but the more she fires the tarus 45 the better she like it and most of the time carry's it, unless the outfit don't allow then the small 38 is a must! lol

As for a small deep concealment I picked up one of those Keltec 380’s… man it’s so small, but fires real nice…. And not bad on price, a new one runs about $220-240 street… and btw, the tarus 45 I grabbed for the wife was slightly used but in great shape for $220… I could not pass that up and like I say she seems to like it better then her brand new pricier 38.

I guess I’m going to have to check out the Glocks for the next hand gun… I hear real good things, but man as your saying there are a bunch of them now, which one to get!?!?!? lol

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#9]
The Glocks are nice guns but the grips are too damn small on the compact models, even with the extended mag butt plate. My little finger just hangs there in the air! If it don't fit it won't work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top