Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:03:46 PM EDT
I just wanted to say congratulations on a GREAT season for your Seahawks. They played a very hard fought game and represented your town and state very well. They have a good chance of getting to the Super Bowl again next year with the talent you have up there.

I am a hugh Steeler fan but I know a good team when I see them and the Steelers played a good team tonight.

Burl1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Well played, Sir. It was great to see the Steelers in the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I gotta hand it to Pittsburgh.  To come from a 5 and 7 season and win what, six or eight games on the road?  As big of a Seahawks fan as I am, you guys did a very good job tonight.

Trey
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It was a good game...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was a good game...

you call that a good game?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was a good game...

you call that a good game?

Who the fuck asked you?...

Trying to keep calm about how fucked up that game was...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
can contain how pissed off I am about the game, and I used to live in WA.  sorry for butting in on your forum, but dont ya think it was crap?

if they would have lost fair and square I'd be fine, but we'll never know....frustrating!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

but dont ya think it was crap?

Dont matter what I think, to be honest by this time tomorrow, I wont give two shits, and most people will go on with their business.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
true, but 30 stinking yrs, was hoping it would end better, just want the hawks or mariners, or someone in the NW to win something, someday, somehow....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
true, but 30 stinking yrs, was hoping it would end better, just want the hawks or mariners, or someone in the NW to win something, someday, somehow....

Not that it matters much to me personally, but the Huskies did win a National Championship in football, and the Sonics in basketball.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that it matters much to me personally, but the Huskies did win a National Championship in football, and the Sonics in basketball.

the Storms won the WNBA last year, but then again,WNBA isnt a real sport.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
There were some bad calls from the officials. I wanted that Leary guy's head on a pike for awhile. How the hell can the ball be in the endzone when his shoulder wasn't.

The Hawks made quite a few errors, and that's what killed us. Chalk it up to first time jitters.

They'll be back, more experienced, better prepared, and that trophy will come back with them.

The Steelers really pulled it together in the 2nd half. All in all, it was a very good game. Kept my blood pumpin'.
It's also nice that Bettis got to go out a champion.

If they would have been playing anybody else, I'd be happy as hell.

On the plus side, Seahawks did set a SB record. 76 yard interception return.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Would have been nice to see the Hawks bring back some championship hardware to this trophy starved town .... but if they were gonna lose, I couldn't be happier that it was the Steelers.

I grew up in Ohio / in High School during the 70's when Pittsburgh ruled the football world.

Steelers: Bradshaw - Franco & his Italian Army - Rocky Blier - Mean Joe Greene - Jack Ham & Lambert - Lynne Swann - Fred Billitnikoff ......... and many more.

God I miss those days. Big Red Machine all summer kickin everyones ass and the Steelers doing their thing all winter long.

Times change.

Congrats to both Hawks and World Champ Steelers
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There were some bad calls from the officials. I wanted that Leary guy's head on a pike for awhile. How the hell can the ball be in the endzone when his shoulder wasn't.

The Hawks made quite a few errors, and that's what killed us. Chalk it up to first time jitters.

They'll be back, more experienced, better prepared, and that trophy will come back with them.

The Steelers really pulled it together in the 2nd half. All in all, it was a very good game. Kept my blood pumpin'.

I honestly think the TD call was good. He had the ball on his right side and his right shoulder was further forward than his left. When switching the ball to the left side it clearly wasn't in but by then it had already broken the plane. Of course, I am biased.

Now the push-off, that may be questionable, but in this game we rely on the calls of humans, good or bad.

Missed field goals, interceptions, it is never known what can happen in a game until it happens. I thought the Steelers had XXX won, but they didn't.

I agree about the 2nd half. I have seen both teams lose, or almost lose, a game in the 2nd half. I thought it would come down to which could keep the tempo after halftime. I think that was the biggest factor in this game.

I feel the pain of Seahawks fans. I have been there. I'm just glad the host at the party I was at wore black and gold since I didn't have enough time grab my terrible towel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Two field goals and a touchdown and the Seahawks would have won.
It's too bad that the Seahawks were never in a position to make them....

It's like the Seahawks missed two field goals and had a shitty call by the officials to have a touchdown overturned.....

At least the prevent offense play-calling of Al Davis worked as planned...

It's a good thing that they kept passing the ball to Daryel Jackson and Joe Jurevicius, cause I think if they had let Alexander run the ball a bunch of times the Steelers would have shut him down....

That game was almost as good as the Patriots/Raiders "tuck rule" playoff game.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And holding an opposing team for 20 minutes without a first down..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top