Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 2:22:19 PM EDT
I want to get some good maps for my SHTF collection but I just dont know where to get them.

I only want WA. I would prefere .mil maps as I use em all the time
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, Ft Lewis has them tucked away, somewhere.

You can get Topo maps at Metskers in Seattle, but they only cover the boondocks.

I had a set of aviation maps for the state that were excellent. Still hard to come by in that scale, except via the .mil.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm partial to US Forest Service maps. m_s
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What good is a map with in 75 miles of settle? Every damn near every dirt road will have a gate and a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign.

Rant off
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried Metskers Maps near Pike Place market?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What good is a map with in 75 miles of settle? Every damn near every dirt road will have a gate and a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign.

Rant off

In a SHTF scenario, the publics lands with that posted on it will have those signs quickly removed. Enforcement of their intent will become laughable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I want to get some good maps for my SHTF collection but I just dont know where to get them.

I only want WA. I would prefere .mil maps as I use em all the time

Seiously we use these guys, they will print with military grid square so you will find it very easy to use them.

www.mytopo.com/

Once the order is placed we have recived in as little as two days.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Just go buy the "TOPO!, Washington State Series" mapping program at GiJoes or? and print 1/50,000 MGRS maps yourself. It is what I use, and it lets you setup routes and waypoints that you can print with your maps. You can upload the routes you create to your GPS too, or download routes you scouted from your GPS.

It is a quite handy tool for everyday hiking, and a real good tool for laying out SHTF bugout routes. And you'll be ahead in money by the time you buy enough maps to cover many a shtf scenario.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top