Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:23:44 PM EDT
Hey guys I was just wondering how many still enjoy going to Ben's Loans in Renton? I have been a long time customer and have defniatly noticed a change in attitude. I have been shoping else where. I would like to hear your thoughts and impressions of the shop, maybe its just me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I still go by there but it's been a while since I bought anything.

The last time I was in they had a S&W Model 57 Mountain Gun that caught my eye, and the price wasn't higher than to be expected.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You got that right.....If you wanna' good deal, I would only go through Glenn. Kool guy this Glenn is........yup!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I still stop in there but prices have gone up and the inventory is smaller and less interesting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I still stop in there but prices have gone up and the inventory is smaller and less interesting.

What he said, only I stop far less frequently.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It is worse with Marty out of the store, but I still go there and will continue. The AK selection really sucks compared to what it used to be but they still get some in here and there. I think the handgun selection is excellent. Definitely can't complain about the Kimber selection.

Quoted:
You got that right.....If you wanna' good deal, I would only go through Glenn. Kool guy this Glenn is........yup!

If Glenn is the black haired kid he is my last choice. Terry is my first choice of whom to do business with there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I know a friend who has bought a used Sig and used Remington 870.  He could have got a factory refurbished Sig for cheaper or a brand new one for a $40 more, then they sold him an 870 for the same price as a new one.

Granted these are the only guns and only place he has ever gone.  I beleive they took advantage of him, and I would not purchase from them.  (Yes, I have seen the receipts!)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up my Glock there.  Great guys to do business with in my opinion.

-Rob
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Never been there
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They’re prices have gone up but they still have had some good deals. last summer was better but its the slow season now for retail so hopefully they will get some more good priced used stuff in again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I know a friend who has bought a used Sig and used Remington 870.  He could have got a factory refurbished Sig for cheaper or a brand new one for a $40 more, then they sold him an 870 for the same price as a new one.

Granted these are the only guns and only place he has ever gone.  I beleive they took advantage of him, and I would not purchase from them.  (Yes, I have seen the receipts!)

That sounds like your friend ripped himself off. Ben's takes some of their used guns on consignment. If the consigner asks a ridiculous price they put it on there. If your friend didn't do his homework before purchasing firearms the blame lies directly on him.

If I sold you a slightly used white chevy truck for $10k did I take advantage of you?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been there once and was not impressed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like your friend ripped himself off. Ben's takes some of their used guns on consignment. If the consigner asks a ridiculous price they put it on there. If your friend didn't do his homework before purchasing firearms the blame lies directly on him.

If I sold you a slightly used white chevy truck for $10k did I take advantage of you?

You are right about him not being informed, I cant blame that on them.  Its just easier to sell something to the uninformed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By JAFO
If Glenn is the black haired kid he is my last choice. Terry is my first choice of whom to do business with there.

Nah, He's the older, slightly balding dude with the hearing aid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The HK91 they have is on consignment. The owner only wants $5000 - $5 for it.

BWAAAAHHAAAAAHHAAAAAAHHAAAAA!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top