Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 1:30:01 PM EDT
Hello, i'm interested in purchasing a Gemtech HALO suppressor, because it's just so friggin cool. Reading the threads here, I noted that WA residents can buy suppressors, but can't use them, lol.

Where do I go to get started on the paperwork so I can buy a supressor, and where can I pick up a Gemtech HALO?

Also, if I wanted to go to Oregon to go shooting with a suppressor, what would I need to do?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello, i'm interested in purchasing a Gemtech HALO suppressor, because it's just so friggin cool. Reading the threads here, I noted that WA residents can buy suppressors, but can't use them, lol.

Where do I go to get started on the paperwork so I can buy a supressor, and where can I pick up a Gemtech HALO?
www.wadesguns.com

My first thought would be wades in bellevue. They will guide you throught the process paperwork etc orwww.quanticoarms.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, it often depends upon where you live in the state.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Also, if I wanted to go to Oregon to go shooting with a suppressor, what would I need to do?

Contact a dealer who has the goods.  I recommend Sean at SPGTech in Seattle.  

He'll send you the Form 4's and Citizenship forms.  You fill them out and send them to ATF with $200 for tax - then wait 3 to 4 months average.  If you buy this in your name, you will be required to get a CLEO sign off and submit photos in duplicate.  If you live in the Sound-Area, the CLEO sign off is going to be difficult.  If you use a corporation (or non-profit Corp), you can skip the sign offs and pictures.

Suppressors may cross state lines without incident so long as each state involved allows.  You could simply take the suppressor (and a copy of the paperwork to be safe, as it's ofter required in an affirmative defense situation) and head to Oregon or Idaho.  You are pretty much free to shoot the suppressor on public land like any other firearm - same rules apply.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Suppressors may cross state lines without incident so long as each state involved allows.  You could simply take the suppressor (and a copy of the paperwork to be safe, as it's ofter required in an affirmative defense situation) and head to Oregon or Idaho.  You are pretty much free to shoot the suppressor on public land like any other firearm - same rules apply.

This is an interesting pt you bought up. I believe that to move MGs you must notify the ATF prior to the move. Im not clear on what they consider a move (perhaps interstate). From what you say above this isnt necessary for a sound suppressor...right?? That sure would be handy b/c having to notify the ATF every time you go to ID or OR to use it would be a bummer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Suppressors and AOW's are exempt from ATF approval.  A Form 5320.20 [Application to transport Interstate certain NFA items.] can be done as a CYA but are not required.

I do believe they are required when permanently moving but I cannot recall.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm spoiled something rotten.

Every time I get to shoot my Mac 11/9 I also shoot its Gem-Tech suppressor.  And I don't have to leave the State to do it either!

PA:2 (3 if you cannot own Machine Guns)
WA:0 (1 if you Can own Machine Guns)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top