Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 8:39:22 PM EDT
    I've been following the legislature  for the last several years and I have come to the point where I am fed up.  One one hand you have the liberals who want to take away our gun rights and turn the state into something out of 1984 or worse.  The other hand has the conservatives who seem to think that everything can be solved by  simply  lowering taxes and building more prisons.
I feel that anyone that believes that either of these groups are looking out for the common person is sadly mistaken.  I just kills me that I have to vote for candiates that I almost totatlly disagree with to protect my RKBA. The other side of that coin is that I have to consider voting for  anti 2nd amendment to protect things like free speech and public lands.  And what bothers me the most is that both sides are so far in the hip pocket of special interest groups that a person has to be nuts to believe a word that comes out of their mouths.  Listening to talk radio had made me unable to stand either side in our political system, conservative or liberal.  I know I sound like a madhatter on a rant here but I was wondering if there are other people out there who feel the same as I do. I hope you all have a good time at the big shoot this weekend.  
Eric
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTM

Some folks on the right side of the fence subscribe to the theory that voting left will actually hasten the eventual viva la revolution, sort of like an early flush. Not saying I actually think that way...

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude are you ready to join the MILITIA ?

OK, all joking aside, I'm just as fed up as you are and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum feel the same way. At the same time there are also many are not ready to accept the fact that we live under the boot of tyanny. A lot of people think just because we are better off than people in other countries then we shouldn't complain too much. My response to that argument is simply "the limits of my freedom is not dictated by the tyrants from other countries." What we have here is judicial tyranny. We have man Gods in black robes making up the rules as they go along. We have politicians who feel they are above the law and a judicial system that refuses to hold them accountable, yet that same system will screw over an honest gun owner or any constitutionally minded American who is unfortunate enough to get snared in their system. I could go on and on and for some people I would be singing to the choir and to others it would fall on deaf ears. All I can say is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Preparing means stocking up on the stuff you need and training to use all of your weapons effectively. Things will get worse before they get better.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IBTM

Some folks on the right side of the fence subscribe to the theory that voting left will actually hasten the eventual viva la revolution, sort of like an early flush. Not saying I actually think that way...

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You are mad.  Get involved!

Go to your caucus:
At a level one maybe 3 people will show up.  You can change the platform the way you want then and there.  This will cause it to be booted up the line and have to be decided at the county level.  Go to the county level and make your case there if your changes have not been made.  Now you will have to run for a State level and go there, then the federal level.

Write you congress critter (state and federal):
Tell them what you want changed and why.
Don’t just send emails.  If it is worth an email it worth a FAX and a paper letter through the post office.

Work for the .gov:
Work for a department.  Make friends.  Get promotions.  Until you can make the WACs and the rules.  I know one person that is the Lead Fire Marshal on Ohio that gets to write the rules.  One of the things he changed was to require all Fire Marshal’s in the field to wear body armor, train and carry a firearm.  His reasoning was sound and he had history to back him up.  The county counsel did not fight him on it at all.  I have a friend that is the elected Fire Chief, I put a bug in his ear that he should require his people to be trained and armed.  He is thinking about it.

Run for Office:
Change it from the inside.  Raise hell. Accuse you colleges of breaking the law and demand investigations.

The system is designed to be changed.  Change it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The other side of that coin is that I have to consider voting for  anti 2nd amendment to protect things like free speech and public lands.

You are a Are you a commie?

Tell me what fucking "public lands" have the dummycraps have reserved, preserved or reopened to dirt bikers, 4 wheelers and recerational shooters?

Forgive me, I forgot, it's the Republicans that want to create the Wild Sky Wilderness to reopen PUBLIC lands to dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and recerational shooting.

It's the REPUBLICANS that didn't allow John Carlson or Kirby Wilbur to speak.....

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow I'm a commie  I've never been called one of those before.  I noticed you mentioned talk radio hosts.  Do you have your no spin zone tee shirt and your rush is right bumper sticker.  
PS  I think the conservative gentlemen you mentioned would object yo your use of profanity.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow I'm a commie  I've never been called one of those before.  I noticed you mentioned talk radio hosts.  Do you have your no spin zone tee shirt and your rush is right bumper sticker.  
PS  I think the conservative gentlemen you mentioned would object yo your use of profanity.

There you go, thinking again....
Of course you have not been called a commie, your fellow DU'ers know what you are.
I have an NRA sticker on my bumper.
Won't answer my questions posed to you so you go after my choice of words.
Talk about spin.
My First Amendment Rights in action.
Fuck it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure your gonna clobber me with this  but what is a DU er??  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
    I've been following the legislature  for the last several years and I have come to the point where I am fed up.  One one hand you have the liberals who want to take away our gun rights and turn the state into something out of 1984 or worse.  The other hand has the conservatives who seem to think that everything can be solved by  simply  lowering taxes and building more prisons.
I feel that anyone that believes that either of these groups are looking out for the common person is sadly mistaken.  I just kills me that I have to vote for candiates that I almost totatlly disagree with to protect my RKBA. The other side of that coin is that I have to consider voting for  anti 2nd amendment to protect things like free speech and public lands.  And what bothers me the most is that both sides are so far in the hip pocket of special interest groups that a person has to be nuts to believe a word that comes out of their mouths.  Listening to talk radio had made me unable to stand either side in our political system, conservative or liberal.  I know I sound like a madhatter on a rant here but I was wondering if there are other people out there who feel the same as I do. I hope you all have a good time at the big shoot this weekend.  
Eric

We've had nothing for 'choices' but a turd sandwich or a douche bag (Credit to South Park for the 'names') for as long as I can remember. I hate feeling like I have to choose 'the lesser of the 2 evils'. It just sux.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Goodness I forgot how funny that episode was!!!!   GREAT ANALOGY!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Take the hostility to IMs or leave it at the door.

Where's the hostility?

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#14]
The government is doing what it does, when it's too big and too powerful. They have over a million gunmen now. There is a reason for that. It's not because we are all criminals.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You are mad.  Get involved!

Go to your caucus:
At a level one maybe 3 people will show up.  You can change the platform the way you want then and there.  This will cause it to be booted up the line and have to be decided at the county level.  Go to the county level and make your case there if your changes have not been made.  Now you will have to run for a State level and go there, then the federal level.

Write you congress critter (state and federal):
Tell them what you want changed and why.
Don’t just send emails.  If it is worth an email it worth a FAX and a paper letter through the post office.

Work for the .gov:
Work for a department.  Make friends.  Get promotions.  Until you can make the WACs and the rules.  I know one person that is the Lead Fire Marshal on Ohio that gets to write the rules.  One of the things he changed was to require all Fire Marshal’s in the field to wear body armor, train and carry a firearm.  His reasoning was sound and he had history to back him up.  The county counsel did not fight him on it at all.  I have a friend that is the elected Fire Chief, I put a bug in his ear that he should require his people to be trained and armed.  He is thinking about it.

Run for Office:
Change it from the inside.  Raise hell. Accuse you colleges of breaking the law and demand investigations.

The system is designed to be changed.  Change it.

He Still thinks The System Works!

I don't mean to flame you but we are waaaaay past the point of fixing the system from within. Those in power will not allow it to happen. It makes no difference whether they are democrats or republicans the bottom line is they are politicians and they don't give a damn about you or me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top