BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:48:39 PM EDT
seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002721224_election05m.html

Snohomish County switching to mail-in elections
By Christopher Schwarzen

Times Snohomish County Bureau

The new Democratic majority on the Snohomish County Council wasted little time in approving a switch to all-mail elections.

I'm no expert on the matter but I would think it would be easier to make up fake ballots or vote when you are dead if you just had to mail them in rather than show up at the polls and prove you are alive.

Even King County, with the most registered voters in the state, will consider all-mail elections in February. More than 70 percent of voters there cast absentee ballots in November's general election.

Yep, no doubt fraud is easier this way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean MORE vote fraud than we have now ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I registered for absentee ballot many years ago, because it was far more convenient for me to vote that way.  I could research the specific issues on my ballot and make better choices.  However, the system is pretty much corrupt at this point, and the only remedy is to make the following changes in my opinion:

1.)  The complete voter registration rolls need to be completely PURGED, and purged every year.  Everyone must re-register to vote, with proof of citizenship EVERY YEAR.  You must physically go to a voter registration office.  You cannot register to vote when you:
a.)  buy your groceries
b.)  get your driver's license
c.)  pick up your welfare check
d.)  take a dump in a public bathroom

2.)  Eliminate permanent absentee ballots.  Absentee ballots should be available, but only on a one-time, as requested basis.

3.)  Strict verification of absentee ballots must be done.  Far too many "snowbirds" are registered to vote in WA and either CA or AZ.  Sames goes for the east coast (NY and FL.)  Since they typically "maintain" homes in both states, they register in both places!

4.)  Unless stationed in a foreign country due to government or military service, no absentee ballot should be mailed except to the address used for the voter registration.  You can't be registered to vote in WA, but have the ballot mailed to Arizona.

Even then they'll still figure out how to steal elections....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I agree...lots of scope for fraud. It would seem easy to add or subtract to get the desired outcome. I think by and large few really care...most seem happy w/ the way things are either b/c of apathy or conscent. *IF* things ture around it'll take LOTS of hard work.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Vote fraud, well it is a Washington tradition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top