Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:49:09 AM EDT
This is an UPDATE to the story a while back. This guy should be let go with a pat on the back and a JOB WELL DONE!!

Wash. Man Says He Killed Child Rapists
By Associated Press
1 hour ago

BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A man turned himself in to authorities in the killing of two convicted child rapists, saying he picked the victims from a sheriff's Web site, police said.

Michael Anthony Mullen, 36, called 911 on Monday to claim responsibility for the killings, and officers who talked to him said he gave information that only the killer would know, according to a police news release. He was jailed for investigation of two counts of first-degree murder.

Hank Eisses, 49, and Victor Vasquez, 68, were found shot to death at their apartment Aug. 27. They were both classified as Level 3 sex offenders, the type considered most likely to reoffend. Sex offenders in Washington are required to register with local authorities, and the information is posted on the Web.

Mullen told authorities he targeted at least one of the two men after checking the county sheriff's Web site July 13, according to the police statement.

The bodies were found by a roommate, also a sex offender. He said a man wearing a blue jumpsuit and a cap that said FBI came to their home, told them he was an FBI agent and said one of them was on a "hit list" on an Internet site, police said.

The roommate said he left while the "FBI" visitor was still there and found the bodies when he returned about four hours later.

Days after the killings, The Bellingham Herald received an unsigned letter claiming responsibility for the killings. Police notified convicted Level 3 sex offenders in the area as a precaution, but said the letter was vague and could have been a hoax.

Vasquez was convicted in 1991 of molesting several relatives who suffered regular abuse, sexual and otherwise, according to court documents. He was released from prison about two years and remained under Department of Corrections supervision.

Eisses was sentenced to 5 1/2 years in prison in 1997 for raping a 13-year-old boy at his home in Sumas. He was released from supervision about two years ago, said Kit Bail, Corrections Department field supervisor for Whatcom County.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I was on the jury that will be trying to convict the guy. Needless to say they would have to kill me to make me find him guilty.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no problem with what he did.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Michael Anthony Mullen should be on the short list for one of these:
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wish I was on the jury that will be trying to convict the guy. Needless to say they would have to kill me to make me find him guilty.

A jury trial would only happen if he was claming to be found not-guilty.

I'm thinking that the police are sad that he turned himself in too, can't imagine being gung-ho about devoting man-hours to the case.

He's obviously a good guy but not a killer and felt guilty about his actions, eventhough he was doing the rest of us a favor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus wept...looks like the guy forgot the second two S's...

5.5 years for raping a 13 year old boy...and yet this guy will get life (or at least the part of it that counts) in prison for his "crime".
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a sad thing he turned himself in. Maybe he wants to continue hiw work from the inside out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe he wants to continue hiw work from the inside out.

Thats good positive thinking.  

I hope his plea is something along the lines of have been molested as a child, and having to deal with the guilt and shame for all these years.  Then I can see it being dropped to manslaughter, assault, harboring bad language, or something similar....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope his plea is something along the lines of have been molested as a child, and having to deal with the guilt and shame for all these years.  Then I can see it being dropped to manslaughter, assault, harboring bad language, or something similar....

What's sickening is that if HE WAS THE MOLESTER, the ACLU would probably be coming to his "rescue". I wonder where all the bleeding heart liberals are crying out for the "crime" against the child molesters. With any luck the man will go free on a "tecnicality" just like murderers and rapists do in our liberal court system.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, we may all agree that what he did was just, because we currently as a society do not approve of child molestation... But we cannot let vigilantes run free either.

If you don't have faith in the system, work to make it better, or move out of the US. Picking up a gun and killing everyone YOU think deserves to die isn't helping anything along... In fact, if this happens a whole bunch, police would actually have to go protect those friggin child molestors!!!

Meh. I think this guy will be back on the streets after a few years of good behavior, and i'd buy him a beer. I'd definitely be able to do so when he gets out (turn 21 in a month).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, we may all agree that what he did was just, because we currently as a society do not approve of child molestation... But we cannot let vigilantes run free either. But we let rapers run free go figure

If you don't have faith in the system, work to make it better, or move out of the US. Picking up a gun and killing everyone YOU think deserves to die isn't helping anything along Sure is in this case, it's called cleaning the gene pool... In fact, if this happens a whole bunch, police would actually have to go protect those friggin child molestors!!! They already are protecting them.

Meh. I think this guy will be back on the streets after a few years of good behavior, and i'd buy him a beer. I'd definitely be able to do so when he gets out (turn 21 in a month)Good for you.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The laws need to change.  The fact you would spend more time for armed robbery then child molestation shows a jacked up system.  If the punishment fit the crime, we would have a lot less crime.

I don't think I've ever read words here which were more true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top