BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:15:26 PM EDT
Or was it not really news until now?
Ft Lewis Soldiers beaten in Pioneer Square

Seattle Police seek Pioneer Square beating suspects

10:08 PM PDT on Wednesday, August 24, 2005
SEATTLE - Seattle Police say trouble began for two Fort Lewis soldiers who had just returned from serving in the war in Iraq when they stepped in to defend some women being harassed in Pioneer Square.

The incident was caught on tape and police want you to help identify the suspects.  It is a beating on reminiscent of the Mardi Gras riots on a much smaller scale, and when you see the video taken by a witness, you'll probably think the same thing.

Late last month in Pioneer Square in the overnight hours just after the bars closed, police say a man groped a woman and when he was confronted by her friend, he also groped her.

Then the husband of the second woman confronted the man police say did the groping, and then words turned into a serious fight.

Then the suspects got more people and chased the soldiers down and the fight took place.

Three people had to go to the hospital with broken jaws, split lips and even a possible broken arm.

Two of the victims were knocked to the ground, punched and kicked and stomped on.

Police want your help in identifying three suspects involved in the early morning July 31 incident on 1st Avenue South.

The first man is 5 feet, 11 inches, wearing a white baseball cap, a white T-shirt blue jeans and white shoes.

The second suspect appears to be in his early 20's, is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds. He was in a black T-shirt with Scarface on it, black pants, gold teeth and cornrows.

The third suspect is approximately 6 feet tall, wearing a red baseball cap and a white T-shirt.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Seattle Police Department at 206-684-5550.

Looks to me like some motherfuckers need their own beat-down.  Also nice to see all those fuckers just watching or driving by.  No wonder this country has gone in the shitter, no one wants to step in and do the right thing.  "Look at that, some guys getting a beating.  That's rough.  But hey, it's not MY problem...."  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Scrun,

The Tangos are black gang-bangers.  Komo has a video but I won't link it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Just saw this reported on Q13 this AM.....Ridiculous how many bystanders were watching as it all happened.

I see alot of cars just driving by too.....grrrrr!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also nice to see all those fuckers just watching or driving by.  No wonder this country has gone in the shitter, no one wants to step in and do the right thing.  "Look at that, some guys getting a beating.  That's rough.  But hey, it's not MY problem...."  

I get paid good money to tell you and your fellow citizens to "Stay away from the situation, we will have a officer handle it as soon as I have one avail."

Dont go off Assuming that all the passer-by's did not do anything...Im sure that at least 50-75 calls to 9-1-1 from their cellphones tied up the system.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I get paid good money to tell you and your fellow citizens to "Stay away from the situation, we will have a officer handle it as soon as I have one avail."

Dont go off assuming that all the passer-by's did not do anything...Im sure that at least 50-75 calls to 9-1-1 from their cellphones tied up the system.

That is the exact reason I carry my own personal defense, because "there is never a cop around when you need one."  And as far as telling people to stay away from the situation, I'm guessing that is more about liability than anything else.  Probably decent advice most of the time, and my reaction would be predicated on certain conditions (alone, with "backup", with family, etc.) but I would find it hard to stand by and watch until a cop arrived.  One of those guys looks like he is dead in the video, because he isn't moving at all.

As far as people calling 9-1-1 from their cell phones, that is all well and good.  But that is how people comfort themselves these days, saying "Hey, I took action, I called 9-1-1!"  Well good for them, but that just doesn't cut it in my book.  We all move around with blinders on these days (myself included at times, I'll admit that.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw this last night and it made me sick...I wouldn't mind taking out the trash down there with those Thugs. Seattle PD can kiss my ass, run by a bunch of liberal pussies that can't keep the thug element out of a historical place in Seattle.  I don't go there anymore after dark.  I guarantee if someone tried to intervene they would end up hurt or in jail themselves for brandishing a firearm or using deadly force.

Tired of this bullshit.....Thinking about running for Sheriff
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

As far as people calling 9-1-1 from their cell phones, that is all well and good.  

I agree 100% with every word you posted x-cept for the above...

I think 97.9% of people are to stupid to have a cellphone avail to them in a emergency situation...

#1 prob is that the majority cant tell anyone where they are, or where the emergency is.

#2 Everyone in his brother thinks that they have to call in the most obvious things. hint: a 3 car pile up blocking a offramp on I-5 has already been reported several times.

#3 Most of those people that call in tie up the lines to the whole dispatch center, along with State Patrol's dispatch center..In my area we have 5 (on a good day) people that just answr 9-1-1 incoming lines Im guessing WSP had 4 or less (we are the biggest) now you let 20 people call in a  single accident without having any information you have just blown the dispatch center out of the water, the calltakers have to pass on the callers to the guys like me (Fire Dispatchers) and there are only 3 of us for the whole county (now you have just wiped out your fire dispatchers) and the sad part is, one of those 20 that just called in has the information I need, and I cant get to them because every joe/jane nobrain just flooded my system. ( and dont forget your mom just called with chest pain and is now getting a busy signal.)

I have to agree people have become too pussified, and the sad thing is....

We all  make them that way.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Tired of this bullshit.....Thinking about running for Sheriff

Carefull for what you wish for, you still have to answr to the tards above you, and those tards were elected by the type of people you are upset with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Run for sheriff until the cows come home. The only method that will accomplish anything is stark, raving terror. They aren't afraid of jail or the system, too many of them have been there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent points R-32.  I forgot about how many of the clueless droid sheeple out there couldn't tell their location with a GPS, map and flashing neon signs.  Unless I happen to witness an accident, I usually don't bother calling 9-1-1.  If it looks like the wreck happened well before I came across the scene, I assume that 9-1-1 has already been called.

What I think sucks about the 9-1-1 system is that it isn't for just emergencies anymore.  I've had some noise complaints about my neighbors a few times (air tools at 2AM, revving engines at the same hour, etc. etc.) but I've told to call 9-1-1 to report it.  It doesn't seem like that is what 9-1-1 should be used for.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Run for sheriff until the cows come home. The only method that will accomplish anything is stark, raving terror. They aren't afraid of jail or the system, too many of them have been there.

Run for sheriff until the cows come home. The only method that will accomplish anything is stark, raving terror.

That looks like a great sig line if I ever saw one. Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Run for sheriff until the cows come home. The only method that will accomplish anything is stark, raving terror.

That looks like a great sig line if I ever saw one. Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
 I see the story made it on to Hannity& Colmes tonight. The bitch speaking for th PD. tried to say what a horrible crime it was.( that's F-----G putting it lightly) While at the same time trying to say that Shitattle is a good place to live and their Police Dept. is wonderful.

BTW. anyone know how those guy's are doing?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I took a drive through Pioneer square and downtown last night, I was shocked at how bad it looked, roving gangs, clear criminal activity, guys walking IN the street trying to stop cars, packs of thugs on every corner trying to intimidate anyone who passes by. I saw a guy corner three young women between there car and a wall they had just parked by, the girls were obviously scared so I pulled up next to the guy and watched carefully, ready to jump out and throw his ass to the ground or get myself stabbed in the process, after a minute or so the guy realized what the girls aready knew, that I was right beind him, he backed off and the girls scurried away after giving me a quick "thanks" glance. Something has definately changed on the streets downtown. It's as if the only guys with balls are the criminals. Oh yeah, I didn't tell anyone about the little incident last night, I'm always doing shit like that and I'm sick of friends, family, neighbors etc. telling me I should be more careful and just hide in the closet with my cell phone more often. Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]
The closest thing to a reasonable explanation for how we ALL missed this when it happened was that it was "Black-on-Black" crime, which isn't news.  Even when it should be.   (Interesting that, not only have NONE of the reports mentioned that the victims were Black, that original report didn't say the suspects were, either.  I think that only Rick Jamison of the P-I, whom I don't normally read, has said so.)
SPD claims that the claims that they had ossifers standing around watching while "waiting for backup" are untrue. Maybe.  How many off duty SPDs work as bouncers at the local watering holes? Dunno.
And how many CPL holders frequent Pioneer Square after dark? Not too many, I'd guess.  (Having grown up in Detroit, my Spidey-senses tingle down there in daylight.)
On theother hand, there is that joke thta suggests that, even if you were being a Good Citizen and not carrying while night-clubbing, if you call 911 and report a stomping, "but don't worry, I have a gun and I'll hande it" the cops will be there on No Time Flat...

Edited Too Many Times for spelling and grammar.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The closest thing to a reasonable explanation for how we ALL missed this when it happened was that it was "Black-on-Black" crime, which isn't news.  Even when it should be.   (Interesting that, not only have NONE of the reports mentioned that the victims were Black, that original report didn't say the suspects were, either.  I think that only Rick Jamison of the P-I, whom I don't normally read, has said so.)
SPD claims that the claims that they had ossifers standing around watching while "waiting for backup" are untrue. Maybe.  How many off duty SPDs work as bouncers at the local watering holes? Dunno.
And how many CPL holders frequent Pioneer Square after dark? Not too many, I'd guess.  (Having grown up in Detroit, my Spidey-senses tingle down there in daylight.)
On theother hand, there is that joke thta suggests that, even if you were being a Good Citizen and not carrying while night-clubbing, if you call 911 and report a stomping, "but don't worry, I have a gun and I'll hande it" the cops will be there on No Time Flat...

Edited Too Many Times for spelling and grammar.

It could've been that we all missed it because the video tape hadn't been released then.  If there is no videotape, the media doesn't sensationalize it as much and it doesn't get feature story status.  It gets more like a a line or two in the news.  "Two soldiers were severly beaten in pioneer square, they are in stable condition."  This doesn't get much play.  But you have a video clip to show and it becomes a short film with anchorman voice over for 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I POSTED THIS LINK YESTERDAY AND IT GOT LOCKED. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=208920
THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]
...and nothing in general continues to happen in abundance because we're all able to vent our rage on our keyboards instead of saving it for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
1 or 2 people around with a CWP and packing could have changed this whole thing.
I have a CWP AND PACK ALL THE TIME. Cops are not around every cornner nor are they SUPPER HEROS.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
...and nothing in general continues to happen in abundance because we're all able to vent our rage on our keyboards instead of saving it for a rainy day.

That is not true...

The Keyboard gives the attorneys something to go back and look at for the court, to prove how bad we are after we have had enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Pioneer square has really gone down hill as of late, one of my friends brought a guest for a night out in Seattle, and the poor guy who's settling down here has only been around for a month or two.

Out of no where, some guy runs up, punches the guest as hard as he could in the back of the head, and ran away. There was a cop 10 meters away, but everyone didn't know what had happened... just a scuffle, and then there is a poor kid on his way to the hospital for a concusion, and injuries from falling flat on his face.

And how about university ave? That place has definitely stepped downhill, I went to my fav. indian restaraunt and outside there were some sketchy dudes smoking weed in broad daylight and playing with firecrackers. I may be a social democrat, but i'm also pragmatic... will be getting a CCL for when I'm  forced into these sketchy areas at night, which will happen more often then I like since I live in Tacoma.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top