Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:18:16 PM EDT
"Sometimes, I could just jump back and kiss myself!!!" --- James Brown, The Godfather of Soul

The BBT will be visiting my house with a couple/three items I just couldn't live without:

Pro-Ears Sporting Clay Dimension 2 Electronic Earmuffs Black

Nikon Monarch Laser800 Rangefinder 6x Black

Nikon Monarch Scope 3.3-10x44mm Adjustable Objective MIL-DOT     Nikoplex Reticle Matte

These items complete the NIKON set I've wanted for quite some time.  I'll be sure to wear the HAT, too!
I needed to get a mid-range scope that would allow me to use the 10x40 ATB binoculars and the 6x21 rangefinder --- see the same thing with the scope as with the other two.
Happy, happy, happy.  Joy, joy, joy!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to get another pair of electric ears, mine are getting old (5 years maybe) and buzz and crackle from time to time, they will be headed to the concert truck for future duty.

How hard did you shop the rangefinder??

I need to get one of those and have done zero homework. Anything to look for/avoid??

Oh yeah, congrats!

All but the last will help you get a sore shoulder too, just watch the forehead.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am going to get another pair of electric ears, mine are getting old (5 years maybe) and buzz and crackle from time to time, they will be headed to the concert truck for future duty.
If you go to the Pro-Ears website and look for the GunTests and Cruffler articles ( testimonials section, I believe ), you can see that Ridgeline, the maker of Pro-Ears, has a top-notch product with features other mfg. either fail to equal or do not have.  My first set of Pro-Ears is the Sporting Clays Dimension 1 version and I have had such positive experiences with them that I decided to upgrade to the Dimension 2 which allows attachment of other devices to the 'ears'.  Another feature is that the electronics can be 'adjusted' to meet the 'gain' quality desired.  All the Dimension series use the same electronics.  Your needs will dictate which 'Dimension' you want to be in.  There's even a Dimension 3 that utilizes a microphone.  

I've wanted the NIKON version for a long time.  Snipercountry did a test on a previous version and it was the first to start working in the fog.  It got a good review.  The scope and rangefinder were purchased from TheOpticsZone.  EXCELLENT pricing and good people.  I learned of them on Accuratereloading.com.
I chose the 800 over the 1200 both for realistic use and pricing.

I need to get one of those and have done zero homework. Anything to look for/avoid??
There are several choices/features/price ranges.  NIKON seemed to meet all those specs the best for me.  True waterproofing made the Monarch a 'best buy'.

Oh yeah, congrats!
Thanks!
All but the last will help you get a sore shoulder too, just watch the forehead.

Hope that helps.  I gotta hit the rack for a 0351 Report tomorrow, otherwise I'd put up the links.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am going to get another pair of electric ears, mine are getting old (5 years maybe) and buzz and crackle from time to time, they will be headed to the concert CEMENT truck for future duty.

Oh yeah, congrats!

There I fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There I fixed it for ya!

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a lot Busmaster.

I ordered a set of the Pro-Ears Sporting Clay Dimension 1 Electronic Earmuffs, Black.

I don't need to be able to plug in a CD or DVD player when I am shooting.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks a lot Busmaster.

I ordered a set of the Pro-Ears Sporting Clay Dimension 1 Electronic Earmuffs, Black.

I don't need to be able to plug in a CD or DVD player when I am shooting.

Cool.  Always glad to help a fellow shooter spend money on gun$hit!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The rangefinder is meant for the GOLF COURSE!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Got the ear muffs today.
First time I ever had to read an instruction manual to use a set of ear muffs.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Got all the stuff yesterday.
Spent the day playing with the Laser800...
I found out I can range things in the outside rearview mirror of the BUS......and through the glass...and the 6x makes some things MORE FUN to look at, discreetly, of course.

I'll have to get out the scope and 'muffs' next.
Good toys!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I found out I can range things in the outside rearview mirror of the BUS......and through the glass...and the 6x makes some things MORE FUN to look at, discreetly, of course.

Got a convex (objects in this mirror may appear closer...) mirror in the same spot?  Does it change the range reading?

I know the theory, I can guess the calculations, but how about real world?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a convex (objects in this mirror may appear closer...) mirror in the same spot?  Does it change the range reading?

I know the theory, I can guess the calculations, but how about real world?

Good thinking, Phil.  
I don't know yet, but I'll try it out next time.  I'll report my non-scientific findings...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top