Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:04:38 AM EDT
I have a friend (no, it's not ME) that lost his rights due to a felony (theft 2) he was convicted of 20 years ago when he was about 19.  He has since kept his nose clean, and been a law abiding citizen here in WA (and elsewhere).  Has anyone had experience with getting someones rights reinstated?  I know it can be done, and I want to help him out, but I don't know where to start (short of getting a lawyer).

Anyone?  Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to the library and start checking out books, or get a lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to the library and start checking out books, or get a lawyer.

Yea, I just got off the phone with the WA NRA Rep, he gave me the names of some gun friendly lawyers here in WA.  The ball is now in his court, gave him the names.  Lets see how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No experience. Read over this link, or www.counsel.net/chatboards/2nd-amendment/topic43/4.17.03.11.20.30.html...  err... just google them yourself.

Ok, I just talked to Paul at your first link good guy, gave me some good info.  Thanks alot.  Looks like it's not too difficult to do and "only" costs about $1000.

Google kept pointing me to the ACLU and Voting rights....No THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
$1,000 is much less than I had thought it would be......  good luck to him if he is a good person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top