Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 11:18:44 PM EDT
Friend of mine, who some of you have met, is out in MI visiting his family and can bring home a Rock-ola M1 rebuild that is like 98%. Stock is SA in fine condition. It has newer sights and a bayo lug which probably aren't a match. His Dad is thinking of selling it locally but may entertain a fair offer. So what's it worth?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
IbtJafo
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
M1 carbine prices are all over the board, but the Universals and Ivers Johnsons and other non USGI's can go for $350- 400 easy.  I would think it would depend on the base rifle. You state it is a rebuild, but are the barrel and receiver a matching set? If so that is major points. Price varies so much from rifle to rifle it isnt funny. If you can get in it for under $500 you did damn good I think.

This ad to me is underpriced for what it seems to be, as the Rockolas are the most sought after M1 carbines.

I am by far not an expert on them, for that I would suggest you go to www.jouster.com and start a thread.

I will follow this thread to the M1 forum.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I dunno, this sounds like something that definately needs a home in Washington State.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Bring her home.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If it is in good shape I would pay up to $700.00 for it...

Grab it!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The barrel and receiver are original, manufactured in '44 or '45. Bore is bright and lands are sharp. Original park in excellent condition. It is not an import . The stock was replaced for sure and the adjustable sight, bayo lug, possibly butt plate and trigger guard were likely added with the rebuild. I'll find out when it gets here. M1 carbine parts aren't serialized but originals will be stamped with an 'R'.

I'd like to start a collection of GI guns and figured this would be a nice little addition. I was guessing a fair offer would be somewhere in the 700-800 range due to the condition but  really didn't have a clue.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The barrel and receiver are original, manufactured in '44 or '45. Bore is bright and lands are sharp. Original park in excellent condition. It is not an import .

I was guessing a fair offer would be somewhere in the 700-800 range due to the condition but  really didn't have a clue.

A good weapon to have, period.

While I think that is a more than fair price,  I would think a fair offer may be $100 lower.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold my rock-ola for 1600....1st production series.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top