Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 3:59:45 PM EDT
Anyone get the bone by King Co?

www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_102504WABcoaKC.253b913d.html

As I understand it, the council approved it last night. Bastages. Its all over KVI today and one dude was so distraught he broke down on the air and was crying.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This amounts to Rape....

I hope the courts rule in favor of the people...

The voters box has failed...

Now time for the Jury box...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Sad thing is...King Co. "peers" are probbly gonna be liberal POS's too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's an easier link archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?c=1&slug=critical26m&date=20041026&query=king+county+council

Rob McKenna was on dorky munsons show today and he's certain that it's going to get tossed out at the state level as being unconstitutional.

Munson also pointed out that the the members of the council that did vote for this land grab are from overwhelmingly (the number 80% sticks in my head) urban areas.  

Julia Patterson of SeaTac said city dwellers have accepted jails, airports, sex-offender housing, traffic and pollution

Well spank me and make me write bad checks!  Just where in the hell are those most needed and/or caused?  It's sure not in pasture land!  

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I would be pissed. If anyone has a bulldozer I'll snag some concrete from work, maybe someone else can find some steel...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow, I would be pissed. If anyone has a bulldozer I'll snag some concrete from work, maybe someone else can find some steel...

Too bad you are kidding!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Munson also pointed out that the the members of the council that did vote for this land grab are from overwhelmingly (the number 80% sticks in my head) urban areas.  

All the urban democraps voted for it, all the rural repubs voted against it.  We NEED to get the FUCKING DEMOCRAPS OUTTA THIS STATE!!!!  I am so pissed at this.  I can't believe they got it passed.  I guess there were a bunch of amendments added at the last minute but I'm not sure what they are yet.

I will not repect any law that is this out of touch with reality.  If I want to build something on my land, I will.  Fuck them idiots in Seattle!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This could mean two things...And I support them both.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This could mean two things...And I support them both.

I support one more than the other.  It's time, I believe......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe that nobody really cares about this.  If you don't own property or if you don't live in King County, you should still be extremely pissed and paranoid about this.  They WILL be back.  They WILL take what you have eventually.  This needs to be stopped and if we need to proceed to plan-B, so be it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad you are kidding!

Nah, I won't drive the dozere, but I do have concrete
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Registration Required -> Do not link, post text
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#12]
The only way to be free is the private control of property, if the bureaucrats want to steal private property make them do it themselves and quit forcing the police to do their robbery for them.

The restoration of the rule of law is getting very close.

What an augmentation of the field for jobbing, speculating, plundering, office-building and office-hunting would be produced by an assumption of all the state powers into the hands of the general government.
Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Registration Required -> Do not link, post text

There is a link posted that will take you to the Newspapers version of the story, no registration needed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Here's an easier link

WTF Phil? I thought you were posting an easier link?

I was planning on building next year. The Kitsap bastages will probably follow suit by then.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's an easier link

WTF Phil? I thought you were posting an easier link?

I was planning on building next year. The Kitsap bastages will probably follow suit by then.

Damnit, they moved it into the archives bastages....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Land Grabbers  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top