Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 8:58:50 PM EDT
...is blocking the intersection to the Detour while the Driver is out moving the sign.  
Upon re-entering the Truck and continuing on down the road, he drives for a mile with his left turn signal flashing the whole way...( I was looking for the seat belt buckle dangling and clanging on the pavement )...

And I thought Bus Drivers from Ballard were outta control!!!  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen worse. A fire engine screaming up I-5 with 4" hose dragging along behind them making sparks....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've seen worse. A fire engine screaming up I-5 with 4" hose dragging along behind them making sparks....

I've DONE worse

BusMaster, I think I was behind you the other day, a bus doing 55 in the HOV lane
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I was haulin' ass!  They're only supposed to do 47!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey, I was haulin' ass!  They're only supposed to do 47!

Reminds me of the time my brother and I raced golf carts. Only catch....he was driving the cart, and I outran it on foot
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Get a truck number???

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

he drives for a mile with his left turn signal flashing the whole way...( I was looking for the seat belt buckle dangling and clanging on the pavement )

Do buses have auto turn off turn signals or do you have to turn them off manually???

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I did get a Truck #, but I would never squeal on a fellow roadhog...!
I just sat there patiently and watched him do his job.  
It was when I saw the turn signal going on like the Energizer Bunny that I thought of bringing it up here.

As for the Bus turn signals; they are operated by depressing buttons situated on a platform on the left side of the steering column.  
Unless the button sticks in the depressed position, the signals self-cancel.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Cmon, IM me a truck number, that way I can tell you if he was havin a bad day or is a total retardo....

As for turn signals, truck ones are not self canceling. When it comes that second when you are due to turn them off, and something else happens, it can easily go on blinking for another week or two.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Cmon, IM me a truck number, that way I can tell you if he was havin a bad day or is a total retardo....

As for turn signals, truck ones are not self canceling. When it comes that second when you are due to turn them off, and something else happens, it can easily go on blinking for another week or two.

Do you drive for Cadman? I know a few guys who do or have worked at their Redmond facility.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drive for Cadman? I know a few guys who do or have worked at their Redmond facility.

I have 3 buddies that work out of Monroe, and they are very good to the fire dept./ and have been known to look away when guys are on the property duck hunting..
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 3 buddies that work out of Monroe, and they are very good to the fire dept./ and have been known to look away when guys are on the property duck hunting..

Were they looking away when they drilled into the aquafer and caused all the local wells to go dry?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We are all in the same local. We cross paths. We drink at some of the same bars from time 2 time. A lot of us know each other, a truck number can get you a name & description.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Were they looking away when they drilled into the aquafer and caused all the local wells to go dry?

When did this happin?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are all in the same local. We cross paths. We drink at some of the same bars from time 2 time. A lot of us know each other, a truck number can get you a name & description.  

I don't know truck numbers. Danny Austin and Ron Bros used to drive for Cadman but are now retired. I've been elk hunting with both of them. Danny has a really nice cabin near Cle Elum and his ex-niece-in-law is a locomotive engineer who I've worked with quite a bit. Bros retired to his place somewhere over in Grant County. Earlier this year I was on jury duty with a guy called "Shirley" (No, not some weirdo, just a weird name/nickname) who still drives for Cadman.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did this happin?

Monroe-area couple settles with quarry

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't know truck numbers. Danny Austin and Ron Bros used to drive for Cadman but are now retired. I've been elk hunting with both of them. Danny has a really nice cabin near Cle Elum and his ex-niece-in-law is a locomotive engineer who I've worked with quite a bit. Bros retired to his place somewhere over in Grant County. Earlier this year I was on jury duty with a guy called "Shirley" (No, not some weirdo, just a weird name/nickname) who still drives for Cadman.

I know Shirley, he is a riot.....

Brose was a whiner hellraiser within Cadman. If you are near him, hope you have Kleenex.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Monroe-area couple settles with quarry

Update- Cadman is no longer owned by CBR, now its the Germans......

Also, few if any companies do their own drilling or blasting. Since their name is on the gate, they are front man, but they arent the ones paying, its the drillers insurance man, usually.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Preliminary report is he is an arfcommer...

TXT MSG sent....

Not an arfcommer. I dont know this guy. He has been a mud hauler for a while though...

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes they did ignore warnings about the aquafer, I used to maintain the water system for the dairy {VanEss} in the valley, many people warned them several times that the ranches in the valley depended upon the water from that aquafer.

One 4 foot well tile fed several homes and businesses.

I am all for the exspansion of commercial business in the area but they continue to ignore the other aquafers they are mining closer and closer to every day, same thing will happen again at "Fivemile" if they refuse to listen to the locals that know where the undeground streams are because their wells tap into them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top