Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:36:10 PM EDT
Is there anyone in the Seattle area whos an AR shooter. I live on Queen Anne near downtown and I am willing to bet I am the only guy around here with a closet full of black rifles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Knowing Seattle, ya, you are likely the only one in the area.... that being said, I've got my first stripped lower on order and will be building out my first AR near the end of October/beginning of November (gotta pay down some credit cards.. such the wife says...).  I'm in north-ish Seattle.

- Ryan.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
west seattle.......................
Phil you here?...............................
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Who is all from Seattle?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey rinoglock, yep I am pretty sure I am the only one on this hill and I think the locals would run me out of here if they knew about my hobby.Ironically I have a retail biz here right on the Q.A. Ave and I know practically everyone in the neighborhood. What kind of rifle are you slapping together, and are you new to AR's totally?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah there's no ARs in Seattle.

There's more to Seattle than Queen snobAnne Hill.  Hell there aren't even any good bars on Queen Anne Hill.  Which happens to be the 2nd best sledding spot in Seattle.

The first best is off of Phinney.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I know Seattle is a pretty big place, and I was specifically talking about Q.A. hill in my "I am the only one here" comment, it is very snobby, I'll give you that much, and the least defended piece of real estate north of Berkley. A dozen terrorists could control this entire part of the city if they tried, unless they came to my house.
Like they say here on the hill "peace"
um ya mean "through superior firepower"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just have a dozen

's

to guard my house.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What kind of rifle are you slapping together, and are you new to AR's totally?

Ya, new to ARs for the most part...  I've wanted to get into them for years, but never really had the money until now... Still working out what to build...  I plan to go Model 1 carbine kit to begin with and then add on as the credit card/wife allows.  Tactical handguard, eotech/aimpoint, vertical grip, maybe an ace Socom colapsible stock, etc... etc... etc...  Along those lines.  I guess some would call that a "tactical AR."

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is how I have my M-4 configured and I think it is quite good for the money:
Bushmaster lower xm-15- but they are all about the same as far as I am concerned.
Bushmaster M-4 upper with 14.5 barrel and fixed muzzle brake  ( 16 inch total length and no Bayo-lug with front sight milled off)A-3 flat top.
Fobus first Samco M-44 hangaurds (not M-33, M-44 has twice the picatinny mounting points)
Fobus G-27 pistol grip
Fobus tactical flashlight holder (for Scorpion light)
Streamlight Scorpion flashlight
riser mount from tapco
Bushmaster BMAS triple mount acc. ( an absolute must have)
and a good optic on top and 6 position tele-stoc
I know there must be more but I can't think of it right now.
I have found some pretty good resources for some of these things let me know if you want to know what they are. Most of these things are not considered the ABSOLUTE top-notch but are very good for the money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#11]
There is one good OL bar on QA and thats Targeys, it is very non yuppie and pretty fun.And as far as sledding goes the "counter-balance" is the steepest and fastest ride in town from what I have heard.
What the hell am I talking about, the nearest rifle range is forty miles away and the nearest golf course is two hundred yards away, what a waste of good shooting lands. If it were not for my business and wife and daughter I would be in S.E. Oregon right now in the OR outback  country testing the limits of my rifles.
I MUST ESCAPE
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I work in Seattle.  Nothin better than quitting time when I can get the hell out every afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in "east" Bellevue (I allways laugh when people feel a need to make a distinction about where they are in such a small city). My brother and I live together and were wondering about this just the other day... how far away is the nearest civilan owned evil black rifle besides our 5?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, just over the bridge here I have a few evil black rifles. Where do you guys go to shoot wildman style?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's say there used to be 5 in Redmond, but they all were lost in a tragic sky diving accident.  Oh well, maybe i can get more now that the ban is over.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I lived over on Queen Ann for 8 years but moved a couple years ago.  Am still close...  somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There's more to Seattle than Queen snobAnne Hill.  Hell there aren't even any good bars on Queen Anne Hill.

Say what you will, but if you are going tail chasin, QA is the place. They have degrees, condos, SUV's and poodles. The only thing missing is some dick, and they come out lookin for it.

Pesos is strictly a meat market. Mecca has good greasy food 24 hours, and Ozzies is strictly a fun karaoke bar with good food, when it isnt too damn packed.

QA aint all bad, trust me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's more to Seattle than Queen snobAnne Hill.  Hell there aren't even any good bars on Queen Anne Hill.

Say what you will, but if you are going tail chasin, QA is the place. They have degrees, condos, SUV's and poodles. The only thing missing is some dick, and they come out lookin for it.

That explains it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Leschi District here, Plenty of AR owners on my block..........
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Cavvet, OK you can either believe this or not but I promise you it is true. As I am typing this I am sitting in my retail shop on QA ave., I own a womens clothing and lingerie shop here called #$%^&*. So I spend my day answering questions like "should I wear a bra with this" or "can you see my panties when I sit down in this mini skirt" from the neighborhood Paris Hilton types. and when I have a little down time I sit at my computer and look at gun stuff and chat with yall.  I have the best job in the world. Do you believe me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Cavvet, OK you can either believe this or not but I promise you it is true. As I am typing this I am sitting in my retail shop on QA ave., I own a womens clothing and lingerie shop xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. So I spend my day answering questions like "should I wear a bra with this" or "can you see my panties when I sit down in this mini skirt" from the neighborhood Paris Hilton types. and when I have a little down time I sit at my computer and look at gun stuff and chat with yall.  I have the best job in the world. Do you believe me?

Yes.

They are givin it away in QA. Their predisposition is that most men are homosexual or married.

BTW, are you hiring? I will do it pro-bono.

ETA: I would remove the name of the shop.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I already have an employee, who happens to be about the most attractive 22 year old around and thats saying a lot. I should remove the store name but I don't know how. If any of you want to buy a gift for a woman while supporting (secretly) a gun freindly Biz. come on in.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a good stockpile, what are they exactly?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Was out of the U. Districted (moved on now though)
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Im in Des Moines...... and I'm all about the black evil guns!!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I lived in QA about a year ago.....now live in Chinatown....oops , sorry "The International District"

will be moving to Central in a few weeks.........

QA was pretty well defended when I lived there ...trust me.....

t
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Look at all the Seattle folks coming out of the wood work. Where are all you guys when we go shooting or drinking?

I think out of everyone that has responded I have met:

Phil_in_Seattle
2whiskeyP---really doesn't count though
CavVet
gReEnBuL
mk_ultra

Where are the rest of you guys hiding?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Looks like a good stockpile, what are they exactly?

Left to right.

Bushmaster M4 16" carbine, w/ the Kobra II 1x aimpoint from the AK (originally, I'm just testing it out on the AR).

Colt LE6920, stock everything.

AK103, with side rails for top mounted optics.  30 round clip.

Both M4s are fully loaded w/ the 20 round clips that came with the LE6920.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I lived in QA about a year ago.....now live in Chinatown....oops , sorry "The International District"

will be moving to Central in a few weeks....

I keep telling you, you dont live in Chinatown.

And did you miss the newsreport a couple months ago? They (Chinatown mayor dude) said not to call it ID, it is Chinatown. And he sounded like he meant it. He said they are not International, they are Chinese, and it is theirs!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Umm, no, I don't have any of those evil black weapons formerly known as assault weapons in north Seattle (NOT...., got grey ones too)

Exit 47/Snoqualmie pass or the pit at Granite Falls.

Hey CavVet, long time no see!!

Rich
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not in Seattle but just a "little bit" south from there.

Protected by my Bushmaster XM2ES M4A3 all stock for now till my new stocks/barrell comes in this week.

Aloha!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#33]
More of you guys around than I thought, as soon as I can I am gonna put my rifle pics up. Any more shooting pits close to the city to talk about?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
More of you guys around than I thought, as soon as I can I am gonna put my rifle pics up. Any more shooting pits close to the city to talk about?

Screw the rifles, we wanna hear more about bra's & panties.....

You never did say if you wanted a free assistant....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I will give you a good bra/panty story when I get a little time, and no, my hired help is currently a TO DIE FOR 22 year old, theres only room enough for one guy in this place. Lets see how far off the topic of black rifles we can get.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#36]
If you don't have pictures of you stuffing it a customers ass then don't bother....

Quoted:
I will give you a good bra/panty story when I get a little time, and no, my hired help is currently a TO DIE FOR 22 year old, theres only room enough for one guy in this place. Lets see how far off the topic of black rifles we can get.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Man, hired help versus free help. You are'nt in it for the profit I can tell.

And you may not know it but there are a few arfcom rules. One major rule is, "This thread is wortless without pics"!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Umm, no, I don't have any of those evil black weapons formerly known as assault weapons in north Seattle (NOT...., got grey ones too)

Exit 47/Snoqualmie pass or the pit at Granite Falls.

Hey CavVet, long time no see!!

Rich

Get rid of that damned mayor McAsshat-Nickels, or you may have to part w/ your evil weapons. If I recall what he said the day after tha ban died: "This isn't over." Mayor McDumba$$, McCheese, Mc-butt-bumpin'-buddy-to-the-PD-chief. I swear, he has GOT to go...& that multimillion dollar graft, monorail scam w/ him.

Ahh well. At least assclown doesn't get any of my tax $$$.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Get rid of that damned mayor McAsshat-Nickels, or you may have to part w/ your evil weapons. If I recall what he said the day after tha ban died: "This isn't over." Mayor McDumba$$, McCheese, Mc-butt-bumpin'-buddy-to-the-PD-chief. I swear, he has GOT to go...& that multimillion dollar graft, monorail scam w/ him.

Ahh well. At least assclown doesn't get any of my tax $$$.

Mr mcchhezewhiz can't do a damn thing about guns on his own.  We are lucky enough in this state to have a pre-emption law.

Chief passive aggressive is a prime example of why people should be prepared and equipped to defend themselves, lord knows he won't lift a finger to save you, even if you're being murdered in a crowd right under his eyes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Chief passive aggressive is a prime example of why people should be prepared and equipped to defend themselves, lord knows he won't lift a finger to save you, even if you're being murdered in a crowd right under his eyes.

I rememeber a column in the Times that called him the consensus mayor, and comparing him to the Wizard of Oz charachters. Heatless, mindless and a coward.

But I will say he his wife & boyfriend wer quite the threesome in Pioneer Square, while under Police state environment declaring Seattle safe during Mardi Gra last year.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#41]
The chief recently wrote an opion article that was published in several papers. He stated that when the assault weapon ban ended that the streets would once again be flooded with machine guns(when were they before) and that "every criminal, gangster and drug dealer with access to the neighborhood sporting good store will be able to purchase an assualt rifle". I sent him an E-mail asking him why he was spending so much effort pandering to voters when he has a PD to run and why he is apparently unaware of what a so called assault rifle even is and most importantly totally unaware of the background check system. Either the chief does not know the law or he is preying on other peoples ignorance of it for popularity. Also the correspondance system to the chief  claims that they will respond to every E-mail, mine has yet to  be answered.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The chief recently wrote an opion article that was published in several papers. He stated that when the assault weapon ban ended that the streets would once again be flooded with machine guns(when were they before) and that "every criminal, gangster and drug dealer with access to the neighborhood sporting good store will be able to purchase an assualt rifle". I sent him an E-mail asking him why he was spending so much effort pandering to voters when he has a PD to run and why he is apparently unaware of what a so called assault rifle even is and most importantly totally unaware of the background check system. Either the chief does not know the law or he is preying on other peoples ignorance of it for popularity. Also the correspondance system to the chief  claims that they will respond to every E-mail, mine has yet to  be answered.

You mean this one?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=183874
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Getting back on topic a little... West Seattle Here!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, that one, I got it a little wrong because I was going on memory but the point still remains. I live VERY close to the chief and he is not doin shit around here, its obvious.
So here is a question to my neighbor the Chief: If you take away my guns who is gonna come save YOUR ass if all hell brakes loose.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Getting back on topic a little... West Seattle Here!

Looks like they are really starting to come out of the woodwork.  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Where the hell are all of these West Seattle folks at?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Ballard checking in...

Cheers,
Chris

Edited to say that I was at last winters big shoot... Did you ever get that dent removed 1GUNRUNNER?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Edited to say that I was at last winters big shoot... Did you ever get that dent removed 1GUNRUNNER?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

images.snapfish.com/33%3B928%3B923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B8%3B%3D833%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A97%3A49%3C6ot1lsi

Erex is ready to go shooting again......
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Ballard checking in...

Cheers,
Chris

What is the winters big shoot
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top