Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything in life is 50/50....

you do or you dont......

It is, or it is not....

It will, or it will not....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Because of the state's Constutition, about zero.

SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this Section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is Oregon, with the inititive ballot process, I believe that AW could be easily
banned if the AWB was put on the ballot.  To many GD liberals in the PNW these
days.

In Portland, these liberal turds look at you funny if you mention hunting, fishing or
shooting.  This was not the case 20+ years ago.

Spambo
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this Section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

That didn't work for th full-auto stuff now did it?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got to stand for something or you will fall for anything........
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the SBR,  however both the SBR ban and the FA ban had federal companion laws.  The federal AWB is sinking so I dont think an AWB would make it through.
The states that have an AWB dont have anyhting close to our ARTICLE I SECTION 24 in their state constutition.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#7]
That's what happens when "you guys" allowed it to pass.
If it came up for a vote right now it would not pass.
I think Joe Waldron said it was a machine gun/SBR/SBS ban over a complete machine gun/ awwault weapons ban.

Quit tossing in the truth you mean ole republican you!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the chances of a Washington state AWB are very slim, but that doesn't mean we don't have to be vigilant and try to keep gun friendly politicians in office. I certainly wouldn't count on the state consitution alone to keep an AWB from being enacted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top