Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:30:49 AM EDT
I never go to Oregon so I never paid attention to all the time we talked about this but, I know my permit is not valid there but can I still carry while at the shoot in OR?  Does it need to be open carry ala on my hip type of thing?  Can I bring a handgun at all?  I mean I gotta be able to defend myself from the the anarchist hordes that reside in the Portland area.  WTF?  Over....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
 I know that you are noo here and all, butt maybe  you should go and check out the OREGON forum.
When the hell does school start again?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 I know that you are noo here and all, butt maybe  you should go and check out the OREGON forum.

Yea, yea, yea but there is never anyone over there and I need to know by tomorrow.  Sheesh, what an azz-

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Speakin of azz's, I still dont see this in the OR Section.....

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Speakin of azz's, I still dont see this in the OR Section.....

Well go back over there and stare a little harder.  Maybe try HOLDING YOUR BREATH and you will see it, trust me!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, yea, yea but there is never anyone over there and I need to know by tomorrow.  Sheesh, what an azz-

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
2WP-open carry is allowed in a few counties.  I don't beleive you can open carry in Multnomah county (Portland) without some type of armed security license.  Your best bet is to go and check on packing.org and read towards the bottom of the page for specific city/county info
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont be a puss. Tuck it away and go shoot. Remember the "shall not be infringed" thing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't carry while you are travelling to the shoot but I wouldn't worry about it while in the woods. You can open carry as stated in some counties, BUT I really really really really wouldn't advise it. If you did get pulled over for anyting like a traffic infraction I think you might miss your shoot and probably your gun for a while unitl they shake things out...

Although in Oregon you don't have to go get a bail bond to get out of jail...

BTW Never been even looked at by authorities in the Burn while shooting, just checked for ORV permits when wheelin'.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top