Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2004 12:40:17 AM EDT
Ii dont know whats happening where you live, but its pouring here. Feels like February. Been off and on all day too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I love it!  I'm one of those freaks that prefers the rain over the hot temps.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love it!  I'm one of those freaks that prefers the rain over the hot temps.  

I like the rain about 10 days a year. Not 200.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard in the summer before.

I agree

I grew up in the midwest so am no stranger to a kick ass thunderstorm.

Washingtons "infamous rain" is 99.9 % an annoying drizzle ....  a real storm is a rare treat and reminds me of SW Ohio
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard in the summer before.

I agree

I grew up in the midwest so am no stranger to a kick ass thunderstorm.

Washingtons "infamous rain" is 99.9 % an annoying drizzle ....  a real storm is a rare treat and reminds me of SW Ohio

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  repeat the party line damnit.  It rains here all of the time, all of the time I tell you!  Stay in CA, don't move to rainy WA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
we here in the dry sh**ies finally got some rain today.  Been upper ninetys to one-hundreds... nice to have some change.  

BTW I'm new here and just want to say hey to you all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome aboard NexQuietus

The thunder was plenty loud here, weather report claims 1.42 but there is a lot more than that in the buckets siting out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Im pretty happy to see the rain, Im tired of all of your tattle tail neighbors calling in about your BBQ's and burn piles like you are going to burn down the whole freaking neighborhood or something.

Hello NexQuietus, hang out and see if you can add to the madness!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#9]
At my brotehrs dorm we heard one of the Cali girls tell another Cali girl "I can't wait till it starts to rain!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Brothel?

Any Port in a storm
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
brothers dorm. Soyes, its a kind of a brothel
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think Uncle Gunrunner should be invited to an upcoming weekend.

It will never happen.  SOB always seems to be working.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmm..  I didn't get any rain.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
brothers dorm. Soyes, its a kind of a brothel

I think Uncle Gunrunner should be invited to an upcoming weekend.

Any time, just make sure you bring his .22, or the cash you got sfrom welling it cheap at gunsamerica
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Coming from SW Ohio, I thought the same thing until we had the first rainy season during concerts. This Frizzle will still get your ass wet as hell, just not as quick. Its like the lieberals out here, sneaky kommie bastards.

I still miss the thunder and lightning....(and Conservatives and smoking in public and.....)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coming from SW Ohio, I thought the same thing until we had the first rainy season during concerts. This Frizzle will still get your ass wet as hell, just not as quick. Its like the lieberals out here, sneaky kommie bastards.

I still miss the thunder and lightning....(and Conservatives and smoking in public and.....)

Yeah that's what all you fokkers said, I got here the first week of Nov in 1998.  It was sunny for a week, then it started to rain, and except for the "snow storm" where people just stopped their cars on I-5 and left them, it didn't stop for 5 months!  Rainest damn winter in 100+ years or some such crap.

It rains.  It rains alot!  Seattle gets flooded out in August!  Stay the hell away from this rainey water logged hell!

You gotta sell it like you mean it fellas
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Seattle has a yearly total around 39 inches a year while the area I live is in excess of 142, but it is not just the rain it is an average number of cloudy days of 288.

Dark, dank, dreary, dismil, damp, depressing, drudgery.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That seems to explain a thing or two.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Seattle has a yearly total around 39 inches a year while the area I live is in excess of 142, but it is not just the rain it is an average number of cloudy days of 288.

Now I know who you are. Fighting for good over evil, justice for all. The physical description of your abode gave you away.....

Unmask I say.....

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that's what all you fokkers said, I got here the first week of Nov in 1998.  It was sunny for a week, then it started to rain, and except for the "snow storm" where people just stopped their cars on I-5 and left them, it didn't stop for 5 months!  Rainest damn winter in 100+ years or some such crap.

It rains.  It rains alot!  Seattle gets flooded out in August!  Stay the hell away from this rainey water logged hell!

You gotta sell it like you mean it fellas

Yeah! Wahingtonians don't tan, they rust!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I thought you lived in Skykomish.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#24]
It is a nice break from the 100+ temps we have been having. Hope it doesn't get too deep!

MT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ii dont know whats happening where you live, but its pouring here. Feels like February. Been off and on all day too.

Maybe this wet ground will slow your ass down on the highways and save you some money.

edited to scratch your money and insert you're daddy's money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe this wet ground will slow your ass down on the highways and save you some money.

Fuck you, I have my own goddamn money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you, I have my own goddamn money.

So you're saying you have no intention of slowing down?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
No, I dont rely on my dad for money, I have my own money.

I keep it within five miles an hour of the limit. So far its worked, no tickets.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Oooooh, somebody's touchy today.

Touchy subject.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I keep it within five miles an hour of the limit. So far its worked, no tickets.

Then stop begging for free Playboys in GD, get your own PRon.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then stop begging for free Playboys in GD, get your own PRon.

I have a stack almost knee high
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any time, just make sure you bring his .22, or the cash you got sfrom welling it cheap at gunsamerica

Ask him how much he wants for it...

After 2 years I have kinda grown attatched to it.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

After a zillion no shows to public events (except that one time he stopped 50 feet short of where we were cuz he couldnt find us [shooting guns no less] ), I vote it be given as a door prize at the next shoot!

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#36]
My lawn and trees needed it, and the temperature dropped to comfortable (for me) levels.

As far as the force of the rain, the last few days have been more than the usual drizzle but not as bad as some of the prairie type thunderstorms we got back in May/June that shook the windows and knocked down branches.  I grew up in the Prairies (Western Canada), and when traffic has to stop because no possible windshield wiper speed can remove enough rain to see out as far as the hood of your car - then you are in a storm.  No hail.  No tornados.  Wet but not bad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask him how much he wants for it...

After 2 years I have kinda grown attatched to it.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

After a zillion no shows to public events (except that one time he stopped 50 feet short of where we were cuz he couldnt find us [shooting guns no less] ), I vote it be given as a door prize at the next shoot!

Seth was not with me when I went looking for you guys. I was still a half mile from you guys and couldnt here gunfire.

Its his gun, you can give it away for all I care

Steve, have you shot it? Its a lot of fun.

CavVet, you of all people shouldnt talk about excuses...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I was born in MillTown Skykomish, I live at the base of Haystack mountain now.

Lived in Index for a while, right where the RR crosses the back road to Gold bar index end.

Looking east from my place.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#39]
You've got a beutiful view.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You've got a beutifulbeautiful view.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#41]
OK, gotta remember, like in Bruce Almighty--b e a utiful!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Seth was not with me when I went looking for you guys. I was still a half mile from you guys and couldnt here gunfire.

You said the other pit. Thats just over the hill, no way not to "here" us.

CavVet, you of all people shouldnt talk about excuses...

I have no excuses. I am available on any given Sunday. Saturdays are out.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats just over the hill, no way not to "here" us.

1,104 metres according to the GPS, .69 miles, 3622 feet. Less than two minutes at 25MPH.

I Stand corrected on the distance, still no way not to "here" us.....

OK Denzel

I can vouch, CV has even come down solo to blast. This Combat_Jack person...doesn't ring any bells.

Man, talk about what some people remember.....

I met a guy who said he was CJ once, at a fun show years ago. I am really not sure whether it was him or not, as he has never been seen since.

BTW, he didnt look Combat or Jack.

Something like this....

Note to all, NEVER google "young girl" there are pics there you dont wanna see!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lived in Index for a while, right where the RR crosses the back road to Gold bar index end.

Dude that aint WA, its fawking Switzerland (fawking: ...thats northern switzerland)

Gorgeous. When was the pic taken?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Gorgeous. When was the pic taken?

Late fall of 2002 the grass is a cover crop after harvesting patatos. leaves are gone but the grass still grows that time of year.

here is a sunrise view.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So then you don't really get in excess of 142 inches of rain every year, correct?

BTW, that really is a beautiful picture. I've looked at/considered property along Ben Howard road in the past. Nice area.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So then you don't really get in excess of 142 inches of rain every year, correct?

That is a Snohomish County PUD number, got it off their website, but yes if you measure the rainfall or study the vegitation it is beyond a doubt rainforest, this area is less than a half mile across that gets that amount of rainfall.

You can tell people about what it is like to live in a micro-climate but until they experience for themselves they just can not believe it.

After a few years of living along the second mile of the Benhoward then they believe because they live it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Now I know who you are. Fighting for good over evil, justice for all. The physical description of your abode gave you away.....

Unmask I say.....

www.midatlantic.net/8x10/batman-batcave.jpg

I wish I could find the pic of him in his "Skunk" killing gear....You would find out you are not to far off!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top