Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 3:44:08 PM EDT
forum.a-10.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4355

I think you all know this topic.... or story.  Get rid of the guy!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I wrote him an Email....

After posting my real name, address and Email address:

Dear Jim: Regarding your comments about Saddam: Shut Up, Idiot, go drive a beer truck.

I hope he sees thru all the flowery speech and understands the point I am trying to make.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Posted my letter last night.

If I get a reply I'll post it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice Da_Bunny!  Baghdad Jim is a digrace and most certainly an ASSCLOWN!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
forum.a-10.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4355

I think you all know this topic.... or story.  Get rid of the guy!!!

Yeah, good luck, Mister!  I live in West Seattle, you know, his district?  99 out of 100 people who live in West Seattle probably vote for him.  West Seattle is sooooo liberal.  I have seen more "No Iraq War" signs / stickers on lawns and cars here in West Seattle than anywhere else, except for Capitol Hill / U-District.

McDermot IS an A-1 ASS!  His staff members are also rude (mostly).  I remember a few years ago calling his office about the ban on high capacity magazine, his staff ended up arguing with me.  Hey, pal, you don't work for McDermot!  You work for me, one of the tax payer!  

All in all, I agree with you: Baghdad Jim got to go.  If I didn't have such a shoddy past, I'd run for office against him!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
There is at least the occasional bright spot, although we in Seattle have a damn slight chance of getting rid of baghdad dim-jim, he's now gotten stepped so far away from reality that even a few of the local far left press are taking him to task for it.

"This is nuttier than a tin of Almond Roca, and it's the kind of blather that solidifies McDermott as a marginal congressional character whose greatest accomplishment is to provide fodder for Matt Drudge. "
www.seattleweekly.com/features/0351/031217_news_mossback.php

"Dazed and disoriented, not seen since the Iraq war began, he emerged talkative yet defiant. Saddam Hussein? No, Rep. Jim McDermott. "

"The past year seems to have been as tough for McDermott as it has been for Saddam. One has lost his country; the other has lost his mind. "

archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=jim19&date=20031219&query=mcdermott

"The congressman from Seattle has finally done it.

"McDuhmott's comments were way off-base"
"Baghdad Jim" McDermott has lost his mind. Gone bonkers. Fallen from the cuckoo's nest and broken his left wing."

"Lacking proof, McDermott's comments are irresponsible verbal diarrhea. And they are an unadulterated embarrassment to any card-carrying Democrat.

Can you blame fellow Washington Democrat Rep. Norm Dicks, who pinched his nose and held the commentary at arm's length. "Fantasy," Dicks said in characterizing Baghdad Jim's hallucinations."

"McDermott and Dean come from the medical field. McDermott was a psychiatrist. Dean was a family physician.

If politics were medicine, they both would deserve to be sued for malpractice"

seattlepi.nwsource.com/jamieson/153469_robert22.html?searchpagefrom=1&searchdiff=5
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Rick Larson (Dem) posted a letter to the Whidbey News Times about what McDermott had said.

Larson basicly said that he has nothing to do with McDermott and that McDermott is off base.

Personally I think McDermott is off the planet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top