Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 8:25:14 PM EDT
I'm going camping next weekend and where we are camping is about 10 miles off any concrete road, and is pretty well isolated. What are the laws on bring a rifle out there? I've never brought any with me before. But the last time we went out there we had a scary situation.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you over 18? Who owns the property you will be on? Is it state forest, natl forest, etc.?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I'm 26. To be honest I'm not sure who exactly owns the place. I beleive it's a state park, but I'm not sure. It's rite by some horse trails. Last year was the first year there was a fire pit made. We're camping out at Lake Wenatchee.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I can find nothing that says you cannot have a firearm in a state park. I could find no mention of firearms on the Wenatchee State Park website. I could find nothing that would prohibit it in Chapter 9.41 RCW
FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS

As far as I know firearms are prohibited in national parks, but not state parks, however I am not in any way a representative of any legal system ;)

As long as you aren't planning on shooting up trash cans or anything though, I don't see any reason you should fear taking a rifle with you.

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your help. It's not exactly in the camping area though. To be honest, I'm not sure who it belongs to. It's just one camp site that we found 5 years ago on accident and we've been using it every year ever since. It's by some horse trails. But way off any concrete road. Last year when we were there, someone before us left behind a truck load of brass. Thanks for your help, I'll try and call the park rangers.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
It was just a situation when we came back to our campsite after something else went through it. Got back from the lake, and our stuff were all over the place, even though we did our best to put all the food up and tie up the trash bags. Also had my dog go crazy a couple of times. And the last time we went out there we were fishing and had a couple of bears walk across the river from us about 150 yards away.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I always wanted to shoot bearbare but figured I would get too cold!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not in this heat!

HTF am I supposed to sleep in this shit?

Take a pillow down by the river :)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...had a couple of bears walk across the river from us about 150 yards away.  

Sounds like an easy shot.

Don't know much about big game hunting but how many 62 grain 5.56mm bullets would it take to down a bear?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I will venture to guess that IF you did no CNS damage 1/2 way through the first 30 round mag, he will damn sure change directions away from you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...had a couple of bears walk across the river from us about 150 yards away.  

Sounds like an easy shot.

Don't know much about big game hunting but how many 62 grain 5.56mm bullets would it take to down a bear?

Took me 16, all of them face first. The rounds hit in the face, back, and front and back legs.

It was a self defence while out hunting coyotes. DNR was none-too-happy, but i was in no trouble due to the situation.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#14]
So do you have a Swiss cheese bearskin rug in front of your fireplace?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I wish!!

DNR had to take it and destroy it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish!!

DNR had to take it and destroy it.

Destroy it my a$$!  They probably had bear stew for the next month and made the rest into sausage, mixed with some deer or elk that they confiscated from a poacher!  Damn, now I'm getting hungry!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top