BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 1:21:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Why is it so hard for these politicos to understand that there already are "sensible" gun control laws and restrictions to our rights out there, and that ENFORCEMENT would be a much better answer than muddying up the system with new BS laws.

Individual responsibility is much more at issue than being able to sue the freaking gun manufacturer, or the tire company that made the tires that were on the vehicle that the felon used to illegally obtain the handgun that shot the babies in the city park where it's illegal to discharge a firearm. Blah, blah, blah. ;)

Anyway, it's good to hear that she actually replied to you. Now if she would just THINK. ;)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me sum those letters up for you....

She said "Fuck You".
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always known her as Maria Cantvotewell.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let me sum those letters up for you....

She said "Fuck You".

I concur.

Exerpt:
"Under current law, those who make and sell guns, like every other
member of our society, are obligated to use reasonable care in designing and
selling their product, and they may be found liable for the foreseeable
consequences of their failure to do so. For example, in West Virginia,
two police officers are suing a pawnshop that sold a pistol later used
to wound them while on duty (the gun was sold to a "straw purchaser").
The officers' injuries were so severe that they were forced to retire."

How in the flying hell is the manufacturer responsible for that??? Looks like she slept through her economy classes in whatever liberal-hippie school she attended...thats the fault of the store that sold the damn gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Cuntwell sent me an email for me to sign up for her emailing list.

I signed her up for some spam........... the GOOD kind!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
This whole letter from her proves she's either a liar or is too stupid to be a Senator (and that's saying something considering Patty Murray is a Senator).

Craig's bill would stop people from suing gun manufacturers and seller from being sued for the "unlawful use" of the product.

If the firearm is made poorly the manufacturer can be sued under product liability laws and if the seller illegally sells the weapon to a prohibitted person then the seller can be sued for that act.

If I go buy a hammer and then beat my neighbors brains in with it Stanley isn't at fault for my acts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I cant believe in this twisted logic the Libs have towards the gun manufacturers that none of the Big 3 (better yet the Import Auto Manufacturers) have been sued in a DWI case...

Or have they?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I cant believe in this twisted logic the Libs have towards the gun manufacturers that none of the Big 3 (better yet the Import Auto Manufacturers) have been sued in a DWI case...

Or have they?

Big cars and oil have more money then the gun guys.  Now if the Big car guys bought out the gun guys and made them.... (I can see this ad- "Buy a new 2006 Chevy K1500 and get a free Remington .243 with the purchase*.  Limited time offer and applies to the Remington Silverado package only.  MSRP $39,000 *= if you pass the background check".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top