Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 3:37:59 PM EDT
I've been looking and can't seem to track it down.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, HOW DO WE FIGHT THIS?????
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, HOW DO WE FIGHT THIS?????

Start a petition for an initiative.

To certify an initiative (to the people or to the Legislature), the sponsor must circulate the complete text of the proposal among voters and obtain a number of legal voter signatures equal to eight (8) percent of the number of votes cast for the office of Governor at the last regular gubernatorial election.

You do realize that those of us who would like to own NFA items are quite a minority right?

Initiatives to the People or to the Legislature currently require a minimum of 197,734 valid signatures.

I am not saying it wouldn't be worth a shot, but it won't be easy. Convincing people we should be allowed to own machine guns might not be a popular fight in this state.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You can add my name to the list right now!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a big uphill battle eh???

Blackdog714

Jafo

2wiskeyP

I guess I will be #4....
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I am sure if you wanted to begin this battle there would be enough of us in the state to help circulate the petions. You can add my name to the list now and I'll volunteer to help down here in the Vancouver area.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Its a big uphill battle eh???

Blackdog714

Jafo

2wiskeyP

I guess I will be #4....

Coool!  Only 197,730 to go!!

Serously though, wouldn't that be awsome?  Full auto in WA, and it started here at AR15.com, other states would soon fall into line and the United States would be free again!  No more Unintended Consequences
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#9]
There are strict guidelines to getting an initiative through. I wouldn't want to just start spreading the word right now, or the Libs would just get the negative word out before an official initiative petition was even started. There are time limits.

Best thing to do would probably be to find someone who has gotten, or tried to get, an initiative through already. This could help one avoid repeating red tape mistakes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody happen to know Tim Eyman?  Not that he would be for or against but he would definately know what to do!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anybody happen to know Tim Eyman?  Not that he would be for or against but he would definately know what to do!

He would want too big of a cut of any funds dontated to the cause.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Best thing to do would probably be to find someone who has gotten, or tried to get, an initiative through already.

Although it wasnt WA one of the east coast states just got their NFA rights back.  I think it was S Carolina.  

We should look at the means they used to restore their rights!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Does no one care?  It was S Carolina that just got their NFA rights back...

Does anyone know how they went about doing that?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You will find that a lot of people don't care. What exactly did you expect to happen? Did you think that because you mentioned this, someone would grab the ball and run? Hell, I'm waiting for you to kick this thing off ;)

I could find no info on S.C. repealing any laws. Can you provide links?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They put a republican majority in both their house and senate .... not at all likely here with the Mcdermott curtain in place.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Maybe I'll pack the brew-kettle in the closet and go into politics.

Scary thought!

Another homebrewer eh?  Well, I could pick up the slack...got 8 gallons in corny kegs just sittin in my fridge and gettin bored.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Well the rural dems down there are like squishy repubs here.  Anyone not in a solidly dem district (and there aren't many of those) cannot vote against RKBA and stay in office.

If you've been down in SC, you should recognize my avatar (I'm an alumn).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top