Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2021 10:13:16 PM EDT
Wife found these tracks on our property today, maybe 150 yards from our house, and on a path the deer generally take across our land.  This is in Berks, just a few miles from Lehigh Valley Hospital.  I know theres bear in PA, but I've never seen any this far south or this close to civilization. This looks small for bear to me, but not like anything else I can think of and we didn't find any mama bear tracks. For size reference, the boot tracks are my wife's and she's an 8 shoe size. This look like bear to you, or something else more common that I'm overlooking??

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking bears would still be in their dens.  It also doesn't look very bearish to me, more canine to my eye.

Snow can make it difficult as the tracks distort with freezing and melting.  Some better photos would help - not just of the tracks but the path they took/made.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Hanz. Could be a medium size dog but the tracks are distorted.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Your wife has been seen bare out in the snow.....lmao
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
There are Bear are much farther south than Berks county. While Bear should still be in their dens they can wonder out from time to time.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your wife has been seen bare out in the snow.....lmao
View Quote

Does a bare wife shit in the woods?

@Toetag
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
@shaggy

Lmao
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
those are not bear tracks. they look like dog tracks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I think bear tracks are more square overall.  Hard to tell from the pics.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Bear will come out of their den from time to time if it gets warm and they get disturbed. I really can't see the tracks you show very clearly because you are zoomed away to show as much as possible instead of showing a detailed view of a track itself but it looks to me that there are 4 toes in each print and on a bear print there would be 5. If what I see is correct, those are probably from a dog... or a Pennsylvania mountain lion
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Big foot tracks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#11]
"There are no Mountain Lions in PA!" ~~~ PA Game Commission
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like your wife needs to trim her nails....lmao
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"There are no Mountain Lions in PA!" ~~~ PA Game Commission
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top