Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2020 6:53:18 PM EDT
Looking to sell a property in NE PA.  Want to avoid realtor if possible as the commission would be a substantial amount.  I assume realtors charge around 6% in the area?  

Ideally would sell to a rich city slicker as a weekend home to get top dollar.  Property is a farm on desireable land with a very nice house on it in a rural area in Pike County.  
Any suggestions/experience on doing so yourself?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been on the buying end of a real estate transaction with no realtor before, twice actually but one I passed on.

No significant advice that I can think of right off the bat, but I will say please don't sell to a liberal NY or NJ transplant. We have enough of those here already.

How many acres?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have phrased the question better, I am more looking for info on how to find a buyer.  Craigslist, Discount realtor who will list it in mls  for a flat fee, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What area of Pike?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I can tell you I bought 20 acres from ad I found on Craigslist five years ago. Worth a shot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What area of Pike?
View Quote

Shohola.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL
yup sell to that rich Liberal Democrap voting city slicker.... hooray for you fuk the rest of us
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL
yup sell to that rich Liberal Democrap voting city slicker.... hooray for you fuk the rest of us
View Quote

You're free to buy it, PM for details.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Not at your price... I’m free to make an offer lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep filling PA with the left !!! Good going bro
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I've used usrealty.com about a dozen times with no complaints.  They are a flat fee realtor and will list it on the mls.  I still offer the buyers realtor 3% though.  You could probably get away with 2.5%, but if you offer nothing, I doubt many realtors will show it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Last house I sold I did 5% instead of 6, that didn't reduce showings any and it sold no problem.  

I would offer commission to buyer agent, but would like to find a buyer myself and avoid that if possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top