BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've always wanted to try it out, just never had the gear. I'm trying to talk @hill_monkey into getting thermal
View Quote
Congrats on the second kiddo!

My gear fund is pretty low right now but thermal will eventually be my next big "investment".
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I just upgraded from a FLIR Breach to a Nox18. Very happy with it so far. Need to sell the Breach now.

Being 1x, it's not ideal as a thermal weapon sight, but I want a scanner a lot more often than a scope, so I went that route. That said, I sighted it in last night on a CZ452 just within 50 yards. I think it's going to be a fun "investment".

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just upgraded from a FLIR Breach to a Nox18. Very happy with it so far. Need to sell the Breach now.

Being 1x, it's not ideal as a thermal weapon sight, but I want a scanner a lot more often than a scope, so I went that route. That said, I sighted it in last night on a CZ452 just within 50 yards. I think it's going to be a fun "investment".

https://i.imgur.com/DVCzdaS.jpg
View Quote

Talk about a classic meeting the 21st century

That's seriously badass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Congrats on the second kiddo!

My gear fund is pretty low right now but thermal will eventually be my next big "investment".
View Quote

Thanks buddy... It was not expected I'm glad I bought my rnvgs before I found out!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes! I actually had about an hour of free time the morning of the 8th so I ran out to the club to test fire/sight in a rifle. I finally ordered those steel targets I talked about getting a year ago and they should be arriving in a few days. My wife brought up going shooting the other night so we'll probably be making a meaningful trip to the range sometime in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know when I have a better idea what day it will be.
View Quote

Lest we drag you into the network fold where you belong.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sounds good!

Just found out this weekend we have our second kid on the way, so the time for me to do anything fun is now
View Quote

A world gone awry shall shine brighter
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have my attention/subscription.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's seriously badass.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/The_Rock_Applause-169.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's seriously badass.

Wait until you handle my CZ 455 mannlicher
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's an inappropriate joke there for sure, but I just want to get my hands on it
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's an inappropriate joke there for sure, but I just want to get my hands on it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Played that joke for full effect
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's seriously badass.

View Quote

Thanks. I had an Aimpoint T2 on it before. Suppressed 452 with a T2, plinking steel plates at night with the PVS14 head-mounted.... It's not fast-paced action but it's fun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks. I had an Aimpoint T2 on it before. Suppressed 452 with a T2, plinking steel plates at night with the PVS14 head-mounted.... It's not fast-paced action but it's fun.
View Quote

Bah I miss night shoots
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lest we drag you into the network fold where you belong.
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey guys I always forget to look in the hometown section. Weather is getting nice again.

We got any IDPA shooters here?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#16]
So what was this US Army Beech King Air 350/UC-12 spyplane doing flying a grid pattern on the west side of Pittsburgh today?  
I don’t think they’ve paid much attention  to this area, Like they have other cities recently, except maybe when they had G-20 or whatever forums here several years ago.
Mostly the PGH area has been fairly quiet of all the anitifa and blm riots.

Attachment Attached File

I heard a loud turbo prop coming when I was out with  the dog, and it sure looked like it was painted dark gray/gunship gray, but I just never got the iPhone camera opened up in time to get a photo of him before it was obscured by the next hill and trees (so not surprising to me there’s no good ufo photos) .  He was fairly low at the time.
It headed out towards Greensburg, then Johnstown, but climbed and turned north and flew along I-99 for awhile, then headed up to and landed at Rochester Frederick Douglass airport.  Wiki says there is a AR or NG aviation support unit/battalion based there, but they do not appear to have any actual aviation assets.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw a heavy lift helo today in northern Washington county.

Like this but empty

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252915/Skycrane-960x640-1200x0-c-default-1934942.jpgI saw a heavy lift helo today in northern Washington county.

Like this but empty

View Quote

I haven’t seen one of those in years.  
They are pretty cool machines, even if they have been surpassed
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#19]
PADEP is doing methane detection aerial surveys over W/SW PA from now until the 22nd. No idea how they are going about it and no clue if that is in any way related.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PADEP is doing methane detection aerial surveys over W/SW PA from now until the 22nd. No idea how they are going about it and no clue if that is in any way related.
View Quote

My wife will  finally have proof I have the worst gas in beaver county
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

All the methane detection systems I have seen are done with drones or small slow moving single engine planes with the detection devices on the tips of the wings.

Methane surveys are usually done around energy assets and landfills.

Dude said it was  beech king air.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I don’t know why those sorts of flights if contracted would hide the Registration number, owner, etc.  
was just odd especially given they did some sort of surveillance track
But this one contained no info from ADS-B
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#23]
if you guys are looking to do something fun, for yourself and your kids and even your wife, you can attend this show today and tomorrow for FREE.
construction equipment show with working equipment.... come see men playing with their old dozers in the dirt.... sounds dirty!, they get dirty and you stay clean.

this is the equipment that built this country.

wear proper footwear.. the paths are gravel. starts around 10AM both days. They will have church on Sunday AM if you are into that. They have good affordable food onsite.  you can bring a leashed dog.

skip around in this vid if you want to see what it is.

National Pike Steam, Gas, and Horse Show - Large Antique Construction and Mining Equipment

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a good time! We use to go to similar events when I was a child. My 3 yr old would love this so I may have to try and make it down there. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like a good time! We use to go to similar events when I was a child. My 3 yr old would love this so I may have to try and make it down there. Thanks for the heads up!
View Quote
show was awesome.  you should go tomorrow.

my phone died and i didnt get any construction equipment pics for you.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting these. Every year I say next year I'll make it to that show. And every year I end up busy with other things.

There's a fall show too right? But spring is the bigger show?
View All Quotes
The fall show is the bigger show.  This one was the biggest spring show I have been to.  been going 20 years.  you can go tomorrow if you have time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
if you guys are looking to do something fun, for yourself and your kids and even your wife, you can attend this show today and tomorrow for FREE.
construction equipment show with working equipment.... come see men playing with their old dozers in the dirt.... sounds dirty!, they get dirty and you stay clean.

wear proper footwear.. the paths are gravel. starts around 10AM both days. They will have church on Sunday AM if you are into that. They have good affordable food onsite.  you can bring a leashed dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLbQeztsQE

View Quote

That looks neat, nice old pickup trucks.
Brownsville is a neat very old town.  But shame it’s so run down.  Lots of neat old buildings.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Brownsville is a neat very old town.  But shame it's so run down.  Lots of neat old buildings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLbQeztsQE

Brownsville is a neat very old town.  But shame it's so run down.  Lots of neat old buildings.
its run down because the steel industry pulled out in the 80's and they never did anything to attract new industry.

The downtown section was built in the late 1800s.  Brownsville was the epicenter of steamship building at that time.  Over 3000 steam powered boats were built there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Been a while since ive been on here, anyone know, is, or have an arborist in the area? We are on a coupek acres with a lot of trees, unfortunately many have becone diseased, from wetwood, cytospora, borers. Fortunately theyre all currently still fine, but id like to find an arborist to start treatments in the spring and the fall that arent $400 a tree for a single year of treatment. Apart from the a few issues being non treatable, id like to at least get a yearly routine to preserve them the best possible
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Been a while since ive been on here, anyone know, is, or have an arborist in the area? We are on a coupek acres with a lot of trees, unfortunately many have becone diseased, from wetwood, cytospora, borers. Fortunately theyre all currently still fine, but id like to find an arborist to start treatments in the spring and the fall that arent $400 a tree for a single year of treatment. Apart from the a few issues being non treatable, id like to at least get a yearly routine to preserve them the best possible
View Quote

I know a guy with a chainsaw and a bucket truck.

I lost alot of trees in the past 10 years.
I just cut em down and plant new ones.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I hear you there. Lost a lot of ash on my grandparwnts properties. Started milling what was left to at least get what we could out of them
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hear you there. Lost a lot of ash on my grandparwnts properties. Started milling what was left to at least get what we could out of them
View Quote
was on the W56 today.

first pad in 18 months.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
was on the W56 today.

first pad in 18 months.
View Quote

Damn thats a while. Are you still driving? We lost my client due to underbidding, i real shame because i loved the personel. Ive been working for another client of ours down near new martinsville lately on the 14 on 7 off. Happy to still be working, but been keeping an eye out for other opportunities to keep me home more
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Damn thats a while. Are you still driving? We lost my client due to underbidding, i real shame because i loved the personel. Ive been working for another client of ours down near new martinsville lately on the 14 on 7 off. Happy to still be working, but been keeping an eye out for other opportunities to keep me home more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
was on the W56 today.

first pad in 18 months.

Yes still driving... just dont go to pads often.
Just made a run for a friend.. wont be an everyday thing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gotcha. Its noce to get out, the weather has been decent enough. Cant say ive been crazy about this hitch, commuting from St Clairsville has me whooped. Thank god for rig down next week. For the most part i think everyone slowed down a bit for june, i just wish the stage prices would come back up
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I gotcha. Its noce to get out, the weather has been decent enough. Cant say ive been crazy about this hitch, commuting from St Clairsville has me whooped. Thank god for rig down next week. For the most part i think everyone slowed down a bit for june, i just wish the stage prices would come back up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stage price wont come back up till all the wireline companies get on the same page.
Theres always some dick doing it cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Stage price wont come back up till all the wireline companies get on the same page.
Theres always some dick doing it cheaper.
View Quote

Agreed. Vendors are eating it up while its cheap though using it to their advantage. Im still keeping an open eye though. Morale might be at an all time low, but still blessed to be working and have some great guys working for us
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#39]
This picture/screen clip is from Memorial Day.  Nearby American Legion said they would have the Pittsburgh based AFRes C-17 fly over after their memorial ceremony at noon.  Just reading names I think and lowering flag to half mast.  I had to work, but stepped out at noon.  Was pretty quiet. No fire siren (the  little town I am from does a parade right at noon, siren goes off, and has its ceremonies and reading off the names of those who died in the national wars from the town (I think it’s 7 guys WW2 and VN - it wasn’t founded or established until 1917), the volley fire and taps, then to the Legion post for lunch.
But they never got a fly by.

Anyways around noon see the C-17 flying above the Tarentum bridge.  Figure he will do a turn and come down and fly over.   Nope.  He keeps going.  Watched him on Flightradar24 for a while and figured that was it.   Then around 1:45 or maybe later, it comes roaring down over the RR tracks through Brackenridge and Tarentum.  Missed it!

But pretty neat how they were doing a fly by over so many communities on Memorial Day .  Good call sign, too.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This picture/screen clip is from Memorial Day.  Nearby American Legion said they would have the Pittsburgh based AFRes C-17 fly over after their memorial ceremony at noon.  Just reading names I think and lowering flag to half mast.  I had to work, but stepped out at noon.  Was pretty quiet. No fire siren (the  little town I am from does a parade right at noon, siren goes off, and has its ceremonies and reading off the names of those who died in the national wars from the town (I think it's 7 guys WW2 and VN - it wasn't founded or established until 1917), the volley fire and taps, then to the Legion post for lunch.

Anyways around noon see the C-17 flying above the Tarentum bridge.  Figure he will do a turn and come down and fly over.   Nope.  He keeps going.  Watched him on Flightradar24 for a while and figured that was it.   Then around 1:45 or maybe later, it comes roaring down over the RR tracks through Brackenridge and Tarentum.  Missed it!

But pretty neat how they were doing a fly by over so many communities on Memorial Day .  Good call sign, too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319879/4D83EEF2-E79F-485F-ACB6-B0CDB4C840C4_png-1965761.JPG
View Quote
It fly right over my house.  Low elevation steep banking turn. Was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This picture/screen clip is from Memorial Day.  Nearby American Legion said they would have the Pittsburgh based AFRes C-17 fly over after their memorial ceremony at noon.  Just reading names I think and lowering flag to half mast.  I had to work, but stepped out at noon.  Was pretty quiet. No fire siren (the  little town I am from does a parade right at noon, siren goes off, and has its ceremonies and reading off the names of those who died in the national wars from the town (I think it’s 7 guys WW2 and VN - it wasn’t founded or established until 1917), the volley fire and taps, then to the Legion post for lunch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319879/4D83EEF2-E79F-485F-ACB6-B0CDB4C840C4_png-1965761.JPG
View Quote

Flew right over the parade in Beaver I was at
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone get to see the Blackhawks and Little Birds flying around rt28 the last couple days?
My boss showed me a picture he snapped with his iPhone heading down rt28 (near Harmarville I think he said)
You could see the spec ops guys sitting on the bench seats on the sides of the little birds.  
Could see a refueling probe on the blackhawks.   So don’t know if that means they are 160th SOAR or not.  
Neat thing anyways.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone get to see the Blackhawks and Little Birds flying around rt28 the last couple days?
My boss showed me a picture he snapped with his iPhone heading down rt28 (near Harmarville I think he said)
You could see the spec ops guys sitting on the bench seats on the sides of the little birds.  
Could see a refueling probe on the blackhawks.   So don't know if that means they are 160th SOAR or not.  
Neat thing anyways.
View Quote

What the hell are they doing round here?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yinzer Helm training.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yinzer Helm training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yinzer Helm training.

Pierogie Helm
You could definitely see two guys sitting on the outrigger benches each side on the little birds in his iPhone pic.

Remember a couple years ago when some special operations types where doing nightingale helicopter operations in dahntahn Pittsburgh?
The pirates TV cameras even caught a Blackhawk doing a low level flyby head up the Allegheny. It was probably more exciting that the pirates game.   I thought I had a “screen grab” I took of the TV in freeze picture of the Blackhawk going by , but cannot find it.   The heli must’ve been just barely above the bridge deck of the Clemente bridge and the two others just like it.  I doubt they flew under it, not that much clearance.

Finally found the picture

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Better than fireworks!  Any day!

Two T-6/SNJ just flew right over my house
The sound was beautiful, especially with the reverb you get as they’re right over you
They were only about 1000’’ AGL, maybe less

Attachment Attached File

I ran like a spaz to get my binoculars as I could hear them coming long before I could see them. I wasn’t sure what was coming, could definitely hear the two radials. Then forgot I had my iPhone in my pocket for a chance for a much better picture.  

Attachment Attached File

According to the track from Flightradar24, they may have come out of Indiana PA.
But I don’t know if that’s their home
There are, or were several T-34Bs down at Rostraver.  But haven’t seen them flying around for a long time, near my way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I took this pic a couple nights ago right over my house.

KC 135 and idk what else, it wasn't listed on any flight tracker

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I took this pic a couple nights ago right over my house.

KC 135 and idk what else, it wasn't listed on any flight tracker

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450791/PXL_20210702_010830975_jpg-2001608.JPG

View Quote

C-17 getting some gas, or just after.    Pretty neat.  I’ve seen them paired up on Flightradar24, but never over me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

C-17 getting some gas, or just after.    Pretty neat.  I’ve seen them paired up on Flightradar24, but never over me.
View Quote

I watched them fly like that for a few mins. It was really neat to see, especially directly overhead.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Hello my C-17 friend

Attachment Attached File
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top