Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2008 4:07:40 PM EDT
   I'm looking for a gunsmith to shorten the barrel on my Savage and possibly have a brake put on.  Some recommendations of skilled gunsmiths would be appreciated!  I'm in the Easton/Martin's Creek area and would prefer to be able to deliver the gun in person.  
   On another note, anyone know what I can expect to pay just to have the barrel shortened and re-crowned?  I'm not so worried about the brake right now as I'm sure that would increase the price significantly.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Dave Donley in Quakertown PA.  He's worked on four longarms for me and is currently on my fifth.  His website is gunrunner1000.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I second Dave Donley.  He did the work on my Savage.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I talked to Dave and it sounds like I'll be giving him some business!  I've never dealt with any type of gunsmithing and the prices are FAR more reasonable than I would have expected!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you mean Dave?  I'm glad it worked out for you.

Gary
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you mean Dave?  I'm glad it worked out for you.

Gary

D'oh, yes.  Haha.

Going out to see him tomorrow hopefully!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, as of today, Dave has my gun in his possesion!  It's a Savage Model 16 in .270 WSM thats getting chopped to 16" and having an Evolution Gun Works (who happens to be right next door to Dave!) tactical space comp put on.  It's also getting an EGW one piece scope rail.  Before anyone crucifies me for going so short, after some research, it looks like I'll only be losing 250 fps MAX, putting me at about the velocities of a regular .270 but in a smaller package.  I'll update when I get it back with results.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top